Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

First Day : Part Two

The question that Brooke had asked made everything in the classroom start spinning. I turned a horrible shade of red. I could just tell, with the heat on my face rising, and the look on Brooke's confused face. I turned around to face the front of the room, trying my best to ignore the inevitable question that was directly for me.

I fought back the tears that tried to get their way past the pores of my eyes. I saw from the corner of my eye, the boy who made my heart stop. Worry and concern covered his flawless face; from what I could tell.

And then, my tears betrayed me. They fell and the betrayed what trust I thought I could hold up to them. After the first tear dropped on the desk, Brooke questioned,

"Remy? Are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you with that question. Do you not have a family? What's wrong? Don't cry."

Are you fucking serious? She has the guts to ask these questions outloud? To have everyone in the whole room look at me? With their eyes burning into me?

I had to get out. I grabbed my bag and ran for the door. Once I was out, I noticed the hall extremely empty. So I ran. I ran as fast as a could, wiping the tears away as much as possible. When I thought I was safe enough, I slid down my locker, and pulled my knees up to my chest. And I cried.

How could this happen to me? On my first day? In front of everyone? This question which I had vowed myself that I would never let anyone ask me? And how I would never speak of my family and what happened?
This hurt me. To the deepest part of my broken core.

Just then, I heard foot steps coming down the hall. They were very faint, though. I was surprised that I could hear them at all. When I looked up, it was him. The gorgeous boy with that flawless to-die-for face. His jaw bone the perfect angle, his eyes that beautiful shade of gold. And his face, such a light polished pale face.

I wiped my face fast, trying to stand up as quickly as I could. I tripped over myself; although through speed which I could not interpret: he caught me.

"Um, excuse me? Remy, right? Are you alright? I heard what she asked you, and you looked so very upset." His voice rang in my ears. Much more chiming than the first time he said something to me.

"I think so. Thank you. For um, coming to see if I was okay. But I-I'm fine. I guess today is just a horrible day. It always is for the new kid, right?" I tried my best at smiling, but he could tell I was trying hard.

"What is bothering you, may I ask?" I looked down at where his hands were.
Around my waist. When he noticed where my stare had gone to, he immediately tore his hands away. Like I had stung him or something.

"No, you may n-not ask. I-I'm fine. Nothing is bothering me." I tried to sound normal, but the crack on 'fine' gave it all away. Stupid self; traitor.

He looked at me with wary eyes; like I wasn't telling him something. Well, of course I wasn't telling him! I didn't even know him!

Then out of my mouth, came words that I thought would never escape me, "Y-you're...beautiful" I stared into his marvelous eyes. He stared back into mine, then tore his eyes away, just as he did with his hands. What's wrong with me? I'm not on fire or anything!

"Of course you're not on fire." He laughed. His laugh was a surprise; it mesmerized me entirely.

WAIT!

"How the hell did you know that I was thinking that?!" I half yelled to him.

His eyes widened at my exclamation.

"Lucky guess, I....guess. The bell is ought to be ringing any moment now. I'll see you at lunch, dear Remy Jones. " His eyes sparkled at my, and his turned around and walked peacfully down the hall.

Then the bell rang. Whoa, was he psychic or something? No no no. Of course not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day went by fast. Which was shocking. I thought I would have dread the rest of the day. But I didn't. Except for lunch, which I wish ended the second it started. . .

I had gotten to the lunch room to find Brooke running over to me and asking me all these questions; "Are you okay? I'm sorry about what happened! I'm really really sorry!" I told her it was alright and that I was perfectly fine. I lied, of course. But oh well.

Brooke introduced me to all of her friends, Kenny, Kahla, and Randy. They weren't that friendly, as in hardly saying anything to me. Just staring. They did happen to ask a few questions, but that was all. And I thought I could handle that for now.

But what I dreaded was up next. Lunch was over and everyone had gym with me, so they continued with some questions - except for the family one- which Brooke had informed her friends not to ask me.

Another boy came over to us, who was looking at this group of pale beautiful people, including the boy from earlier, and he seemed afraid of them. Though that group was out in the hall, not in gym.

Anyways, his name was Josh. He seemed very nice, and smart. Until he asked that same question that I almost died from.

And apparently he was not informed on that by Brooke.

"So, Remy. WhWhy'd you move here? You look like the type to have done something bad. Got kicked out by your parents?" he said in such a squeaky toned voice.

Everyone stopped and stared at me. Preparing for the breakdown I had had in first period.

Brooke slapped Josh across the head, "She doesn't want to talk about that dumbass!"

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." He said, and he looked sad that he was left out of the 'Don't Ask Remy About Her Family Cause She'll Break Down' Club.

"No, it's okay," I said. I was getting ready to leave, when I said, "They're dead. I killed my family." Their eyes went wide, but they seemed to doubt that I had killed them.

I turned around and ran out of the gym, running into the impossibly handsome boy that made sure I was okay earlier.

"I'm sorry." I muttered as I ran to the parking lot.

When I got to my car I opened the door, and threw my bag across the seat and slammed the door. I was still standing outside, not in my car yet. But that's where I broke down again.

I kept muttering to myself, "I can't believe this. I can't believe this. What the hell am I going to do?!"

I tried catching my breath when his voice came into range, saying, "Remy? Are you alright? You ran out again, having another breakdown. Won't you tell me?"

I didn't understand why he was so curious.

"Nothing is wrong, alright? Why the hell do you care anyways?" I said, with alot of acid in my voice.

"Well, I just seem to be attracted to you, in a way I do not understand. But I would like to know if you're alright?"

I was confused. Attracted? What?!

"I'm fine, please do not go all heroic on me and try to save something that is already damaged. I am....fine." My voice cracked on the last word. Damn voice thingy!

"Hmm. Well. If you say so. Please be careful though. Getting home and all. And I'm sorry. About your family, I mean. I'm terribly sorry. Another time, may you tell me exactally how you killed your family?" He said, with some humor. What the hell?

"That's not anything to joke with. But maybe i'll take you up on that offer, and explain how messed up I am. Okay?" I said, trying to be nice. Though it was not working, I could tell.

"Of course, Remy. I do hope you are alright. Drive safe." He smiled. His half smile caught my heart and it stopped. It was breath takingly beautiful.

Who is he anyway?

I got into my car and started the ignition. I rolled down the window, and said, "Thank you, for checking up on me. I'm greatful to have someone who I don't even know, look after me."

"Of course. And my name is Edward Cullen. I assumed you'd want to know who this impossibly handsome boy who cares so much, was. Goodbye." He smiled again and I started out of the parking lot.

I had so many words to describe him with.

Amazing.

Beautiful.

Flawless.

And I could only bring one conclusion to this; I think I was falling for him.

Today was the first day that I had met him. . .
Edward Cullen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, tell me how you like this chapter?

I need feedback!!!
Thanks!

xx