Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

Can We Pretend

I stumbled my way through the forest, falling over branches and roots in my way. I hate few cuts, but I ignored the sting that replaced the throbbing. I was confused, to I ran.

Imprint? What?

I wanted to scream in pain and confusion. But I kept my voice locked up. I didn't want to speak, I was afraid I'd just start screaming, and start to thrash out. As I ran, I thought back to just hardly ten minutes ago...

I watched as Jacob and Paul fought off to the opposite side of the house, into the woods. I turned around, confusion written all over my face.

Jared smirked. "Well who fuckin' cares. I'll tell ya!" He beamed.

"Paul will kill youuuuu." Embry sang. Jared flipped him off, pulling one of his burning arms around my shoulder.

"Imprinting is beautiful...." He started out. Embry shoved him away, smirking at me.

"No, it's more than beautiful.... It's like a fairytale." Embry batted his eyelashes, holding his hands together like he was dreaming about his 'prince charming'.

"You haven't imprinted so shut up!" Jared pushed Embry who stuck his tounge out.

"Guys, just explain it, I'll go find the other guys." Sam said, running off to the forest.

"Well, imprinting is like a love at first sight kind of thing. When we imprint, it's like that person is the only thing holding us to the ground. Like gravity isn't strong enough. And that person...." Jared trailed off, day dreaming about his imprint.

Quil rolled his eyes, "And that person can be anyone. Even a baby...." She smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, Quil imprinted on like, a two year old. Claire." Embry smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I grimaced in disgust. A baby?! WHAT THE FUCK?!

"Ugh, no. When you imprint, no matter how old they are, you can be whomever you want to them. Like for Claire, right now, I'm just like a play pal. And when she's a young teen, I'll be there for her. And when she's my age, we'll be perfect together..." Quil trailed off, daying dreaming just like JAred was still doing.

I rolled my eyes, still kind of disgusted.

"No no no. You haven't heard the weird part." Embry said, shaking his head. "When we imprint, we stop ageing. Totally weird, but that's the way it goes. So, Quil has to wait till Claire is like, 17 before they can do that dirty." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hey! That's my niece you're talking about." Emily sent a glare to Embry who put his hands up in defense.

"But.... I love Edward." I choked out, getting angry.

That snapped the other boys out of their dreaming and into reality. Jared shrugged, Quil looked down, and Embry started to whistle like he had nothing to do about this.

I groaned, feeling helpless. I felt a warm hand on me. I looked up to see Emily smiling at me. "Paul can be anything you want him to be. If it's a friend, he'll do that. Hopefully. No one knows how Paul will come to trying to accept this..." She grimaced. "But this is something you and him need to work out. But just remember, imprinting isn't about a boyfriend girlfriend relationship. There are so many other relationships for you guys to be..." She smiled, hugging me.

I mumbled a thanks, and ran towards the door. "Hey! Where are you going?" Jared asked.

"Home." I said, running off into the woods. The opposite way of where the wolves had gone in snapping at eachother. . .


I took a deep breath, holding back the tears. I felt far enough away from La Push, that I spoke to Alice who wasn't really here.

"Alice. Tell Edward to get me. I'm....lost." I said, feeling stupid for talking to a bunch of still trees.

I sighed, nothing happening. I slid down a tree, and pulled my knees up to my chest. Curling myself up, I thought about everything. I felt stupid for going with Jake. I felt horrible about kissing him. Even if it was for a dare. A stupid childish game.

I put my head down, wrapping my arms around myself, reminding myself to breathe evenly and thoroughly. Then I felt a spasm in my throat coming out as a horrible noise.

I was sobbing. Dramatically. And I didn't pay attention when his cold arms picked me up, covering me from the cold wind as he ran at impecable speed.

When we arrived, He set me down in his bed, and I curled myself up to him. He let me cry. He let me soak his blue shirt with salt water coming from my eyes. He let me grasp onto him like if I were to let go, I'd lose him forever.

He let me tell him I loved him. Over and over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meeeep. O_O

Oh shap. D:

I don't want you guys to worry.... THIS IS AN EDWARD LOVE STORY. CHILLLAXXX my fransss. :DD

Comments&Subscribers? xD

Can we pretend that airplanes, in the night sky,
are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now,
wish right now, wish right now. :D

Airplanes - BoB ; Hayley Williams.