Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

Go Figure

My eyes closed shut and it was all black. But I was then lifted up, into those strong arms again. His tough frame, all over again. He was saving me.

Edward saved me again. But then. . . what about the others? The glimpses came back into my mind.

The blonde boy. . . Jasper.

The small pixie girl. . . Alice.

The bronze haired boy. . .Edward.

The taller blonde man. . . Carlisle.

All of them crouching in an a way that only animals did when protecting their families. . . or their food. . .

Talking to those wolves that wanted to kill me. . . Or save me as well?


I woke up screaming, kicking the sheets on the bed around, hitting the pillow. My voice was high and scratchy, and my eyes were closed tight, I was too afraid to open for then it'd all come back to me. I was then grabbed, and someone's voice was ringing in my ears, telling me to wake up, and that it was just a dream. That same person pinned me down and was on me, trying to get me to stop flipping around.

"G-get off me! I-I- No!" I screamed, turning my head side to side. This had to be my dream. No not even... Nightmare. I heard his voice ring again,

"Remy, dear. Please you must calm down, now." his voice calmed me, which was odd in a sense, but I did calm down. My breathing was still heavy and my eyes were still closed. He was still on me, and I seemed to be the only one to notice. But at that moment, I didn't care. I was too tired to do much. The last thing I remember saying, or groaning was,

"...Edward". . . And I was out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to the bright sun shining onto my face and into my eyes. I squinted and sat straight up. This was not my room. Nor was this Alice's. This room was slightly smaller, and the walls on two sides were glass. The bed I was on was huge, too big for the room, actually. But it was comfortable.
I looked behind me, and a huge glass door was there, and behind those doors, was the forest. The beautiful green trees swaying in the slight wind that was passing through. Whose room could this be?

I turned back around, and to my left, was a case full of cd's, and a stereo. Nothing was playing, of course. I hopped out of the big bed, quietly, and tip-toed over to the bookcase on which the cd's were at. The stereo had been paused at Track 4. I was always curious about little things, so I pressed play.

The music playing was peaceful, and reminded me of how I always used to fall asleep. To this kind of music. I could definately recognize this piece. My dad always played it for me. He was one of the best pianist ever. He'd sit me down and play for me. He'd play at all of the parties and celebrations. He even played at the last Christmas that we'd all have together.

But before any of that, he had taught me how to play when I was just 4 years old. I had won a few competitions and I got nice rewards. My dad was so proud of me. And I was so proud of him, too. He was the best thing on the planet. But now, I haven't played since what happened to my family. I haven't even listened to pieces until now.

I had then noticed that the room was kind of shady, so I turned and saw that the sun was gone, which was rather odd. I went back to looking at the pieces of music this person had. All varying from Chopin, to Beethoven, to Yiruma. Beautiful music I'd say, but I can't get into that anymore. That part of me is over.

Then out of nowhere, his voice chilled me and was limps wanted to take me down with force, but I held ground,
"Ah, Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby. Such a beautiful peice." Edward's voice scared me and I jumped slightly, a little gasp escaping. I looked at him, his handsome face was painted in a nice smile. Not that one that I was fond of, but close. It still made my legs feel like jello, and it made me want to lock my lips on his.

Right as I thought that, his eyebrows went up but then back to their normal place on his forehead. What was up with that? Some things that I thought happened to effect him oddly. But, he can't read my mind or anything, so I needed to stop overreacting. He dazed me so much, that what I said embarrassed me for my stuttering.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just curious about, uh- what was being played last. I didn't mean to go through your things" I was worried he'd get mad and yell, but he didn't, he smiled and gestured me towards him. I walked carefully over to him, and he guided me out of his room, his hand on my lower back.

"Esme wants you to come and eat. As does everyone else." his voice was charming, and that made it all worse with the melting jello legs.

When I reached the second to last step, I tripped on my own foot, but in a strange wave of speed, Edward and caught me from falling on my face.

"Please be careful. We don't need you falling all the time," he smirked and pulled me towards the other room. I was grabbed and embraced tightly by none other than Alice. She let me go and smiled, her white teeth made everything seem to shine.

"Remy! You're sitting with me for breakfast!" She giggled a ring of bels laugh and pulled me to the table. Alice sat on my left, and Edward was on my right. Jasper was on Alice's left, and they were holding hands and smiling. Rosalie and Emmett were across from me, and Carlisle was on the right side of Edward. Esme came skipping in the room with a huge load of food. I knew that I wouldn't be able to eat all of this, so I assumed that Emmett would help. He's pretty big in that macho man way, i'm sure he'd be able to.

I was interrupted with my thinking to Edward chuckling to himself, shaking his head in an entertained way. He was amused with something, and I really wanted to figure why. Then I thought about how Edward had reacted to me at whatever I had thought. And he has asked me what i'm thinking plenty of times. . . Not that again.

I ate a lot of the sausage and eggs. Everyone else made me feel like the pig. They'd eaten hardly anything. I thought Emmett would eat the most, but I guess I was wrong about that. I felt Edward's eyes seeking into me, so I turned slightly and his facial expressed was turned to a smirk. What the hell?

I ate all of my eggs and sausage and was about to drink my orange juice when Alice interrupted my date with the orange juice's vitamin C.

"Remy?" she asked with some worry, that was uncertain to me. I looked over and she seemed sort of down about something.

"Yes, Alice?" I asked nicely, cause of course I could not make her feel any more worse. She smiled timidly at me, and asked,

"H-how did you sleep last night?" she was sure to say more but Edward, rudely cut in with a...growl...? Alice sighed and told me nevermind, it was nothing anyways. So I went back to drinking the juice. Once I was done, I accidently looked up into Rosalie's glaring eyes. She turned away and her jaw clenched.

"Why the hell is she even here?!" she screamed, her voice was sharp, "No, Alice, you already know how Remy slept last night! All we could hear was her screaming and crying halff of the time! It was horrible! I wanted to rip her throat out if I got the chance! She will be the death of us! If we can even--" she was astounded to the response that none other than Edward, had given her.

The table had flipped up, over my head and straight into Rosalie's body. Her body hit the ground and the table went flying into a wall, shattering everything. She growled at Edward. She was sure to do something bad if Emmett, and Esme hadn't taken her outside to help calm herself.

I was in complete shock. I didn't think Edward could do that. Nor like, anyone. Lifting a table over heads, sending it flying across the room? Rosalie get fully blasted, but there seemed to be no scratch or anything on her, for she still looked completely perfect. And that's when it all snapped back together.

My breathing became heavy and my heart accelerated and a speed unknown to me. The wolves, the pale faces that reminded me so much of the four people standing in the same room with me. The croutching down, growling, protection for territory, or even prey? I looked over to Edward, who seemed to be calm, but his body was a little frigid. Alice seemed perfectly calm, as did Carlisle and Jasper.

I swallowed hard, and looked up to meet every one of their gazes. But Edward was the one who I wanted to ask, mostly. He fancied me, in an odd, yet amazing way. So I'd figured to ask him, at most.

"W-what are you people?" my breathing was still heavy, and I realized that I had backed up to the wall, trying to hold still. Alice and Jasper started giggling. Carlisle seemed calm and serene. I looked back to Edward, his face looking like he was in disgust, yet in pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby.

^^ There's the piano peice, which is quite beautiful.
I really hope you like this chapter.. I need comments, and subscribers to really update, ya know? So help me out, have a heart.

Tell me whatcha think!

xx Ashley. (: