Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

Now You Know

"Take a guess" he smiled strikingly. Was this some sort of joke? I mean, maybe he was just super strong and stuff. But Rosalie not being hurt? That's different. So I came up with something reasonable.

"Uh- a weightlifter?" I smiled impishly. What a horrible guess. Now how would i come up with something for Rosalie? Very very very, inpenetrable? Ha-ha, no. I snuck a look up to Edward, who was studying me carefully. I looked away quickly, myself feeling stupid.

"Why don't we.. take a walk, perhaps?" I looked up as he finished. His smile was plastered right back on his face.

I bit my lip, then said, "Um.. sure." There was no reason to smile, so I didn't. I was just freaked out. Grabbing my hand he said,

"Good, because I have a long story to tell you." He pulled me out of the kitchen and near the stairs.

"I thought we were going for a walk? Outside?" I looked at him confused.

"Well, we are going to take a different way, if that's alright with you." He grinned.

I hesitated then whispered, "Alright." And he continued talking me upstairs. Within a few seconds, we were in his room. The big glass window in his room was wide open. I could have swarn that it wasn't opened earlier...

I looked questioningly, but he just smiled. "I'll need you to hold on, alright?" My eyes widened as he said those words, his low chuckling giving me a smooth tingle down my neck. Before I knew it, he grabbed me, flipped me onto his back and jumped out the window. I gasped as he landed gently on the ground.

"Wh-what the hell?" I exclaimed before he went running. The speed of him was incapable of tallying down. I couldn't place how fast we were actually going. But he was running super fast. Fast then anything I've even seen, or in this case, been on. He ducked and went different directions every so often, and I was happy that I hadn't squeeled once. Soon the ride, or whatever, was over. Edward set me down on my feet. I couldn't stand up on my own, so as I stumbled, he caught my waist and held me to him.

"Now we can walk, and I will explain everything to you." His teeth shined through the little light that was there. He held my hand and pulled me deeper in the woods, explaining to me about his family, and their history.

"So, wait. You're a-a vampire?" I made a face that had him chuckling at once.

"Well, yes, that's what I said, didn't I?" Edward made my heart stop. I could almost feel it stopping from the beauty that he held.

"And you can read minds?" I questioned, looking up at him. He looked back down at me and looked into my eyes, then grimaced,

"I can ready everyone's thought but yours. Every so often, little pieces come out for me to hear. It's very strange, and Carlisle isn't sure what that means."

I scoffed, "Must mean i'm more of a freak than I already am." He stopped suddenly and turns me to face him. His cold hands carressed my face, his breath made me dizzy.

"Remy, you must not say that. You are not a freak. Have you looked at me lately? I am the one who should be called a freak." He smiled, wider this time.

I grimaced before going on, "Well, being a vampire seems so cool. Amazing, actually. I wouldn't dare call that freak-like." I smiled up at Edward, his eyes wary.

He sighed and pulled me next to him, and we continued walking. I found out so much more about him and his family. The change at first, and the speed, and the blood. I wasn't scared at all. Something drew me closer to Edward everytime I looked at him. His beauty reached me to the highest peak I've ever known of. He made me feel special, and I felt perfect next to him. But what he asked me next tore me open another fraction.

"Well, tell me about you, Remy." He smiled, but it faded when I shook my head.

"I can't. I'm sorry. Um, another time is better for that." I looked down, I did not want to meet his gaze. But he seemed to understand perfectly.

He nodded his head when I looked back up, "Another time is perfect. I understand, Remy."

And that's when I knew that he understood me. Even if he didn't know anything, he understood. . .

He continued on about Alice's and Jasper's gifts and how they worked. I found that extremely facinating that Jasper was an Empath, and he could actually control the moods of others. Alice's visions at first sent a shiver down my back, but I questioned Edward on that.

"So, um. Did Alice see me? I mean, here, with you guys?" I bit my lip, not wanting to get into anything personal of their's.

"Well," he hesitated but then followed through with his answer, "She's seen glimpses of you. Strong ones, actually. But not many. She saw you, with me. She saw you..." he didn't finish, and something felt wrong.

"Saw me what?" I panicked a little, not sure what the hell he was trying to say.

He continued before I could get a few words in there, "She saw you with us. One of us, apart of us."

I was surprised, but the idea of becoming a vampire sent me to a day dream of running around with the Cullens, and hunting, although that sounds disgusting, I know. How they called themselves 'vegetarians' made me giggle. I liked how they used that. And I admired how they took animals' lives instead of innocent peoples'. I looked straight ahead and said,

"Well, maybe that will happen. I can't say no to something as interesting as becoming one of you." I smiled, but Edward growled and I winced slightly and the harsh point in his voice.

"I wouldn't destroy you, Remy. Nothing of that sort. Never. For as long as I live." He glared. Not at me, but towards the path ahead. Before we went any further, he made and aprupt 90 degree turn to the right and stayed on what seemed to be his own path.

"Why can't we just keep going forward? Why'd we have to turn?" I asked, interested and something foolish. But it wasn't foolish. He was serious with what he was going to say.

"It's part of their territory. That is the boundary line for Vampires and... well, others." He said quickly before kicking a rock around, easily trying to distract himself.

"Boundary line? What for? And what do you mean by others?" He didn't answer. But he did grab me and yank me onto his back. He started running up hill. Not as fast as before, but close. He jumped over a log, which finally did make me squeel just a bit. Before I could realize, he had let me down and we were in his backyard.

"Edward? Can't you tell me? I'm keeping your secret anyway. Why can't I know about this?" I held him from moving. I was surprised that with his strength, he could fling be through a wall, but he didn't. He stopped and turned to face me.

"The boundary line was made by us years ago. We had made this line for reasons. They wanted to have this boundary line so there was no, 'trouble'" He said, and emphazied trouble nicely.

I know I had that confused look on my face because he chuckled once before taking me into his house and over to the couch to finish our conversation.

"They are known as werewolves to thhe common human. But we call them shapeshifters. And no, a full moon is not needed at all. Hollywood doesn't get anything right." Edward laughed this time, "They don't hurt humans either. They protect their reservation, known as La Push. And that's all there is to it. Nothing more. And you know everything there is to tell." He smiled and held my hand. He studied it for a few minutes, rubbing his thump over my palm, making circles that were unknown to my eyes.

I looked outside, and it was dark. Very dark. How did time pass by so quickly? Well, that just proves that tomorrow will be Monday, and I need to get some rest.

I coughed slightly, getting Edward's full attention, though he seemed concerned. Which there was no need for.

"Um, Edward. I have to get home. It's late, and we have school tomorrow." I stood up, but he still held onto my hand, "Edward, really, I have to go." He sighed and let my hand go. As I walked over to the door, I saw Edward get off the couch and walk towards me.

"And how do you think you're getting there?" His smiled made my legs feel like jello. He made me go crazy. In a good way.

"Um, well.. I'm walking. It's not that far, I don't think." I smiled timidly as he went to the kitchen and grabbed car keys. He jungled them in my face and smiled.

"Well, I'll be making sure you get home safely. Now, let's go." He opened the door for me and I walked outside. He led me around the house to the garage, which carried too many cars for me to count. He opened up the door that looked like a Volvo. I slid in and he was in the dirver's seat in seconds.

"Safety first," he buckled me up before doing his own.

"I'm not a kid you know." I said with acid in my voice.

His smiled birghtened up, "Oh be fair. I care about you and your safety, Remy. Do not be so stubborn." I rolled my eyes as he backed out of the driveway. He turns and shifted into gear, then speeding off into the streets.

"So," I started, not sure if there was a conversation waiting to be made.

"So," he prodded after me, his smile crooked, his eyes on the road.

"So, what happened? I mean. On Friday?" Grimacing as I did, he shook his head and kept driving. I sighed and exasperating sigh as he turned onto another street.

"Well, you ran off. And you were missing the whole day. We found you in the after noon on saturday. We took you to my house, and you slept the rest of the time. Until this morning, of course."

I placed my hand on my head, So what scared the crap out of me was those wolves?"' He turned left this time, before pulling into my driveway. Shit, how'd he get here so fast? Ugh.

"Yes, those were the wolves. But you do not need to worry about any of that. Now, go get some sleep. I will have your car back by the morning, Rosalie fixed it." My eyes widened as he finished.

"But she hates me!" I half-heartedly exclaimed, too tired to really put effort into it. Edward just smiled and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"She can be pursuaded easily enough by Emmett. She was not happy about it, but your car runs fine. Goodnight, Remy." He kissed my cheek before I got out. Once I was to my door, I turned to smile and wave at him, but he was nowhere in sight. I walked in and dragged my sleepy self upstairs to my room. I changed into comfy sweats and a band t-shirt and fell onto my bed. I was too tired to move, so I fell asleep just like that. . .

I woke up. My eyes adjusted to the horrible lighting in the room. The walls were plain. They seemed awfully familiar. Then I heard the heart monitor. The beeping annoyed the hell out of me. But I figured I'd best annoy it. I looked around, and no one was in the room. I called out to them. But no one came. . .

'Daddy?'
'Dad? Where are you? Where is everyone?'

Still nothing. I started panicking as I realized what happened, once again. My heart monitor started going crazy, and I had enough enrgy in my to grab the monitor and throw it on the ground. I got up as easily as possible without hurting myself anymore than what I was already in. My left leg seemed too stiff. I glanced down to see my leg in a big chunky brace.

Shit, broke that. Lovely.

But that's when I was hit harder for unknown force. My family was dead. I killed them. I was drinking and I killed my family. I limped my way out of the room, pulling the IV bag with me. And that's when I broke down. I screamed and yelled.

'Daddy! I'm sorry! Mom! Zack! Jamie!' Two nurses came and picked me up, trying to calm me down. I screamed louder. For my mother. For my father, the one who I was closest to. And I screamed for my innocent little brothers, who would never be able to live a full happy life.

I soon felt a sharp object being jabbed into my back. I screamed loudly, and I saw everyone look at me, like I was insane. But then the walls started moving. And then it went black, and I could see shapes, and colors.


I woke up, from the dream, and screamed, "Daddy! I'm sorry!" I jolted up in bed, then realized it was just a flashback. A nightmare would cover that better. I curled up and started crying. This would never end would it? That seemed fairly impossible. I sighed and layed back down, wiping the tears coming from my face.

Remy, it was just a nightmare. Who cares for that flashback. Go back to sleep, and dream happy dreams. . . .
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank my best friend, Ember, for helping me out with this chapter.
I love you Twilight buddy. <3

Hope you like. Updates after comments and subscribers! O_O

xx Ashley