Fairytale

Fairy Tale

I never thought fairy tales were actually real. It's amazing how little things like that, can really change a life. My name is Riley and this is my story. I was born into a world where my only escape were books. My father left me and my mother 16 years ago. I'm 21 now, I was 5 when my father left. At first, my mother and I were fine but as I got older, mother got sadder. I got a job when I was first 13 babysitting for my mothers friends. But as I got older, so did the kids and it came to the point where I wasn't needed any longer. Once I turned 15, I got a job elsehwere, part time. It gave us enough of what we needed to survive and when possible I got something small and nice from the change collected everywhere. I had relatives that sent me things every now and then, mostly a few new clothes and books. Over the years I had collected numerous books, mostly ones that people didn't want anymore. I had numerous books on fairy tales and I never got bored of them. My favorite stories were the Little Mermaid and Cinderella. Cinderella reminded me of my family to some extent. We had no father, both dreamed about things that seem almost impossible to come true but we never gave up hope. Except I'm an only child and my mother isn't mean to me. Actually, she doesn't do much with me. It's hard for her to talk directly to me because I look so much like my dad. I got my brown hair and matching eyes from him. The only things I got from my mom were shortness and the fact that we're both partially shy. I always dreamed about finding my 'prince' someday and I never thought that he would turn out to be someone I had very little chance of meeting. And it all happened just like a fairy tale. I was walking back from my second job that I had to take up in order to help pay rent on the aparment. It was dark and dreary, not quite raining but it seemed like it could at any second. The wind was blowing but not harshly so it wouldn't blow my hood off. As I walked down the cold empty street, a sudden noise down a nearby alyway stopped me in my tracks. As much as wanted to just continue walking away, curiosity got the best of me and I fallowed it. The aly led me to a back street where I saw a man, maybe a few years older than me surrounded by 3 guys and they looked pissed.
"Look pal, you don't passed us unless you pay up! 100 bucks!!!"
Someone demanded. The stranger just looked at them like they were insane.
"Look, if I don't get pass then there's gonna be a lot of people who's gonna be looking for me."
The man spoke. I almost dropped dead. His georgeous british accent was enough to make anyone melt but, I couldn't help but feel like I've heard the voice from somewhere. However I couldn't pinpoint the who. Maybe if I saw his face....I didn't get much of a chance to think about it cause the three thugs advanced on the stranger. At first he fought them back but it didn't take long before he was on the ground knocked out. Panicking I pulled out the gun I bought about a year back for protection. Walking foreward I held the gun up.
"HOLD IT!!"
The men looked up to meet me and when they saw my gun, they panicked.
"Oh god, please don't...we didn't know he was your boyfriend!!!"
They frantically backed away from the man and ran away as fast as their legs could carry them. I put the gun away and ran to the man's side. He hadn't moved since he fell but I checked his pulse and he was fine. I wasn't really sure what to do so I turned him over on his back and that's when I realized who he was.
"Oh my god..."
It was Robert Pattinson. I hadn't had a chance to see the new 'Twilight' movie but I remember seeing him in Harry Potter as Cedric Diggory and I have had a crush on him ever since. Hoping that someone would notice he's missing, I picked up his head and laid it on my lap. His hair tossed everywhere but he defenatly pulled it off. This scene reminded me of The Little Mermaid. When Ariel rescued Eric from the ship, they laid on the beach and she sang to him. It made me laugh inside so I did what Ariel did. I sang.
"What would I give, to live where you are.
What would I pay to stay here beside you.
What would I do to see you,
smiling at me.
Where would we walk?
Where would we run,
if we could stay all day in the sun
just you and me.
And I could be
Part of Your World."
I sang to him as I stroked his cheek softly. I could have sworn that his head moved inward and he smiled. His eyes slowly began to open, but I didn't have time to act. Voices rang through the dark, calling his name. Carefully, I lifted his head and set it down.
"Goodbye prince."
I said and I turned and ran. I ran all the way home, not looking back for anything. Mom didn't ask where I was since she was asleep. I crashed on the couch and fell asleep in an instant. The next morning, I awoke and saw mom watchin tv. A news segmant was on.
"In latest news, teen heart-throb Rob Pattinson was ambushed late last night and was knocked unconscious. When he came to, he remembers a woman's voice that soothed him but when was finally able to open his eyes, she was gone. But all hope is not lost. The mystery girl left behind something and anyone who identifies the mystery gift, will become the wife to Rob. The only rule is that those who come foreward to claim the proposal must properly identify what was left behind. I'm Cary Tafkro..."
I couldn't believe it. It's like Cinderella all over again but I don't know what it is that I dropped last night. I checked my pockets and everything but I couldn't figure out what I dropped. Then my hands instinctivly went to my neck and felt nothing. I almost screamed. My locket was gone. It was my great-grandmother's locket that I got when she died. Inside had a picture of her on one side and a pic of my father on the other. I had to get that locket back, no matter what. I went out and found where people were going to claim what they know was the gift. I stood in the line of raging girls for hours until it was my turn. Rob wasn't up there, but two gentlemen in black were. As I approached them they looked at me and asked not nicely who I was and what the gift was.
"My name is Riley Jones and I know I left behind a locket. A gold locket with a picture of red roses on it. When it's opened, on the left side you'll see a picture of an old woman in her late 70's wearing a black dress and a necklace of pearls. On the right is a man in his early thirties wearing a plaid shirt in colors of red, green, and yellow. Underneath the picture of the old woman has enitials R.E.J in cursive and underneath the picture of the man are the initials P.A.J. On the back of the locket says in cursive, "Live life to the fullest, angel". The old woman was my great-grandmother and the man is her grandson and my father, now can you please give me my locket?"
I asked. The two men just looked at me shocked. I guess that they didn't think that they would actually find the girl.
"Follow us."
NORMAL POV
The two men took Riley and led her inside the building. She seemed like she was walking for minutes on end until they came to a room. One of the men knocked on the door and that sexy accent that she recognized gave permission to enter. The men opened the door on the command and gently shoved Riley in and shut the door behind her.
"So, if your in this room then that means you're the one who saved my life."
Riley just stared gently at the man of her dreams before answering.
"Yes. I am."
Rob's face instantly lit up at the sound of her voice.
"I knew it. I recognized your voice."
He immediatly walked over to Riley and held out the locket.
"I believe this is yours."
Almost as soon as it hit her hand, Riley flew at Robert and hugged him, tears flowing from her eyes.
"Thank you. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done if I lost this."
Rob smiled warmly and took the locket from her and placed it around her neck.
"I'm glad I could return it to you. It fits you perfectly." He cupped her chin lightly and looked deeply into her eyes before leaning in and kissing her.
"I believe I've found my princess."
"And I know I've found my prince."
And for some strange reason, she felt like she needed to finish the song she started, so she looked up at Rob and sang.
"I don't know when.
I don't know how.
But I know something's starting right now,
Watch and you'll see
Someday I'll be
Part of Your World."
Riley's fairy tale was just beginning.