Darkness!

Things Take A Turn For The Worse

The next few days me and tom sat by Tyler’s bed 24/7. I couldn’t let him be on his own. He looked so fragile.

Tom had just gone to get us coffees and I was sipping mine slowly.

"What’s going to happen to me if Tyler...if he...if he doesn’t wake up." I stuttered trying to control my tears.

Tom shook his head. "It won’t come to that," he said, trying to convince him rather than me. "If it does, which it won’t, you can live with me."

I nodded. But I knew that would never happen. I would be invading his privacy. If he had a boyfriend...or whatever, he wouldn’t want me hanging around.
I looked at Tyler slowly. I wanted him to wake up. I needed him to wake up. What would I do if he didn’t?

Suddenly the machine started bleeping uncontrollably.
A nurse rushed in.

"Everybody out, now!" she screamed.

I and tom was startled. We walked out as Tyler’s bed was dragged down the corridor.

"What’s...what?" I stuttered.

A nurse walked past and glared at me.

I caught a glimpse of what they were saying.

"Brain hemorrhaging. Heart crashing. Emergency, heart crashing."

I screamed. Tom had heard as well and grabbed me. I wanted to run after them, follow Tyler. But I couldn’t. Tears poured down my face as tom sat down. He had gone pale and I was still screaming. Nothing mattered anymore. I ran after them.
A nurse held me back.

"I can’t let you go after the..."

"Shut up. You can’t tell me what to do. He’s dying. You can’t tell me..." I broke down.

The nurse grabbed me. She held me tightly. The power in my legs was gone and I could no longer stand.
What was going to happen?!