Status: Dead/Possibly under construction.

Blood on the Dance Floor

Haze

If I had a heart, it would be on hyper-drive right now. My mind was filled with anxiety and anticipation. Happy, yet a feeling of dread.

It could only mean one thing.

Alec.

My anticipation was nothing short of new; he was my closest friend in the Volturi, yet held the secret of my deepest fear. He knew it, too.

It was for this reason that I had hoped Jasper would accompany me from a distance, to hold this disarray of emotions at bay.

But he had politely declined my request, saying that it wouldn't be a very good Idea. He was probably right. So I stood here in the woods, waiting, and thinking.

Always thinking.

"Jane's kinda pissed at you right now, you know that?"

I jumped about half a mile, surprisingly, then turned to meet Alec's smirking figure. He looked exactly the same as when I last saw him, of course, but it still sent some weird mix of butterflies and spiders crawling through me. It seemed that Alec would always bring that weird sense of relief and anxiety at the same time.

I hated it.

"She always has her panties in a twist. Should I really care?"

"Suppose not. Though, she swears when she sees you, it'll be full mega death glare."

I pretended to ponder this. Usually, with anyone else, the threat of a Jane glare meant certain shuddering. I was one of the exceptions.

"Tell her not to be too mad when it backfires."

He smiled wider and stepped forward-or leaped, depending on your species- to embrace me in a hug. I let myself drop defenses for a moment, before pushing him away and taking on a business tone.

"Now, what is it your here to bother me about?"

He looked mildly hurt, then leaned back so he could see how, or if, I had changed at all.

Aro doesn't believe your doing your job. He wants to know what you've learned."

I chewed my lip. Of course. "Does Jane have anything to do with this?"

His lips tilted, and he winked, "Perhaps, though that doesn't answer my question."

My shoulders tilted in a shrug like motion. "The Cullen's aren't doing anything that would interest Aro. No new abilities have appeared. It's fairly bland."

Alec eyed me, then stood abruptly. "Something smells off about you..."

I felt my body stiffen automatically. Mimi's scent must have clung on to me.

Crap.

OK, OK, just relax. "It's a human. I got a ride."

"You what?!" Alec's voice raised in disbelief, “No! You cannot interact with humans, Se-Allysa! You know the rules!” The boy shouted.

“Well, sorry! I was just talking with her! She offered a ride, there is no harm in that, Alec!”

He gave a snort, then glared full on at me. "Don't talk to her anymore!"

I felt my face heat in chagrin, and like a little teenager, I fumed, "You can’t boss me around!”

Just then a loud snap filled the air, making everything seem to quite down. Alec looked at me, and I him, and we started approaching the source of the noise.

“Who’s there?” Alec asked.

Nothing.

I could smell the familiar scent, and quickly I jumped to the nearest tree and saw Mimi lying hidden in the trees. I pleaded with her to run, my eyes connected to hers for what seemed an eternity. Then she ran, and I made haste, blocking Alec's path.

“She could find out our secret!” Alec stared at me in shock, his scarlet eyes now gleaming with a new found blood lust.

“No, she won’t.” I forced myself to sound reasonable, calm, and soothe him with my voice.

“Allysa, if she finds out we’re vampires....our lives are ruin.”

He pulled himself away from my touch, sneering at my alien scent, and hit the nearest tree.

"Alec, I-"

"Save it, I don't have time. I'll tell Aro that everything seems to be going fine...and on Monday, I'll be a new student at this Forks high School." He let the words settle before glancing once more in my direction and running off.