Almost Easy

15.

Roxy’s P.O.V.

I woke up to a dark room. I looked around in panic, then calmed down when I realized I’m back in my room. Not near Tyler. Not near getting hurt. Well, not entirely true. I could still get hurt here, just not resulting in bruises.

I know I have to forgive my dad, I want to. It’s just hard to know he said those things to me, after everything I’ve been through, then the shit with Val, Michelle and Gena, its too much.

I walked into my bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. I’m a wreck. My eyes are red and dry. My face pale, a bruise on the left side of my face is now a black-blue color. I took off all my wristbands, and undressed myself. Looking at the now black bruises on my ribs. I lightly touched the bruise and cried in pain. I turned on the shower and got in. letting the hot water sooth my muscles.

After I got dressed I dried my hair and put it up into a messy bun. Grabbing a hoodie I walked downstairs. Not bothering to bring my phone with me; I don’t have anyone to talk to anyway.

I stopped at the last step and took a breath before I walked into the living room. Once they saw me everyone went quiet. I looked at Zacky and he motioned for me to go over to him. I walked over and he gently pulled me down on his lap.

I could stay here all the time. I felt so safe, so cared for. This felt so right.

“Where’s dad?” I asked in a quiet voice. “Gym, he didn’t want his anger to frighten you.” Zacky told me. I nodded my head slowly and leaned into Zacky some more. Trying to get comfy.

“I’m sorry.” I said to everyone. “Why babe?” Zack asked me. “I hurt everyone…I didn’t even call you guys to let you know that I was okay.” I sighed.

“But you weren’t okay Roxy,” Jimmy said confused. I looked at him, “I was though Uncle Jimmy.” I said. I saw everyone look toward Leana, and I know I’m missing something.

I stood up, “What’s going on?” I asked them. Leana looked at me, “Sweetie, Tyler’s abusing you…you think that’s alright?” she asked as if she knew the answer. “He doesn’t mean it. He loves me.” I said stubbornly.

The truth, me believing that was slowly dwindling the longer I wasn’t near him, and the more I was near Zacky.

“Roxy, do you want to know about my life before I met Jimmy?” she asked me. I hesitantly sat back down next to Zacky and nodded my head yes.

“I never got along with my older sister, Sarah, she was always good at academic work. Where I never was. The only thing I had that she didn’t have was more friends, and more experience with guys,” she sighed and Jimmy gave her a little hug, “after I graduated high school, I met this guy. His name’s Kevin. I thought he was this great guy, he was funny, charming, sweet. I thought he cared about me, I thought he loved me. He didn’t. he lied to me throughout the whole relationship. In the beginning he was perfect, or I thought he was. Only one night, he came home drunk and he hit me. I cried myself to sleep that night, and when I woke up he told me he didn’t mean it and he was sorry,

“This kept happening, for months. He would beat me, abuse me both verbally and physically. Always telling me that he was sorry, that he didn’t mean it. That he loved me. But soon…he stopped saying sorry. He stopped saying he loved me. All he did was keep me locked up in the house, and hit me.” she said sadly. I could tell she was holding back the tears.

“I’m not going to go into the details for you, because you don’t need to here them; but I was with Kevin for almost two years. That’s when I met Jimmy. At first I was scared of him, but I quickly learned that Jimmy wouldn’t hurt a fly. He helped me break up with Kevin and get a hold on my life again. He helped me move on, and fall in love with someone who actually loves me back.”

I didn’t know what to say. So I said the only thing that came to mind, “Tyler wouldn’t do that.” and I walked back up to my room.

Leana’s P.O.V.

“Tyler wouldn’t do that to me.” she said shakily and ran up to her room. I sighed, “Don’t worry. I know I got to her. She’s just as stubborn as her father is.”

Jimmy put his arms around me, “You sure Leana?” he asked me. I looked around the room, “trust me. I got to her. I just hope she listens to what her head is telling her, just as much as what her heart is telling her.” I sighed.

We heard the front door open and close, then Matt came into view. “What’s wrong?” he asked us.

I shook my head, signaling to Jimmy to tell him. Knowing that I wouldn’t be able to do that again. Telling everyone for the second time now, it doesn’t get easier; yet it doesn’t get harder.

“I’m gonna go talk to her.” Matt sighed and disappeared up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
updates will be all over the place for a while.
me ex and i broke up last week, so its hard to write the stories.
sorry, but i'll have the updates out as soon as i can.

Roxy's Outfit

Comments?
Subscribe :]