Status: Done! I Hope You Liked It! R.I.P. Jimmy

Coffee Anyone?

Cute!

Image

Zack's POV

It had only been a few days since she last called. Yet I found myself sitting anxiously by the telephone, jumping for it every time it rang and almost hanging up when it turned out to not be her.

“Dude, you have issues.” Johnny laughed as I hung up the phone, having spent half an hour apologizing to my mother about my disappointed tone when I’d realized it wasn't her.

“Shuddup,” I growled, falling back into the armchair. Matt shook his head with a grin, returning to his fan mail.

Maybe they were right. I'd only been on one date with her. Hell, it probably didn't even count as that. We'd accidentally run into each other, she knocked the coffee out of my hand and said she wouldn't feel right if she didn't at least buy me another. We sat in the coffee shop for three hours, just talking about this and that. The coffee she bought sat in front of me, completely forgotten. It wasn't that she was pretty. God no! She was gorgeous! But she had this...thing. It pulled me towards her, held me there and made my head spin. It was like a constant high. And when she smiled, her eyes lit up and added a pleasant drunk effect to the tingling sensation running through my body.

The urge to hold her, kiss her, make love to her. It was beating my mind, trying to force me to do things to her that would have made the old lady behind the counter go into cardiac arrest. I gave her my number, afraid she wouldn't give me hers and I’d lose her just like that. She laughed, her voice now still ringing melodically in my ears, a slight blush on her pale cheeks. She said she'd definitely call. My heart had skipped a few beats more than it had every other time she spoke to me. I found it hard to sleep that night, wondering why she hadn't called yet. Thinking maybe she'd lied to me. The thought of her lying, I concluded repulsive, just something she was not capable of. I'd woken up the next day, groggy, not sure why I was all giddy-like the night before. The phone rang; I answered it casually, praying it wasn't Jimmy asking about the scratches on his car. My heart stopped, I felt overwhelmed with feelings and memories of yesterday.

I stuttered the rest of the conversation I’m sure. She had to hang up, needed to go to work she'd said with a cute laugh. She'd call me again soon. Soon's taking too long! I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated.

What if I’d freaked her out? Or maybe she'd only called to say 'You’re a nice guy, but no thanks.' but because I was such a nice guy, she couldn't say it and has no plans of calling again? Maybe that's why she didn't give me her number?

“Zack!” Matt yelled, as I felt a hand make contact with my cheek.

Jimmy turned to Johnny disapprovingly. “Dude, you didn’t have to slap him.”

“What the hell is your problem?” I asked, gingerly feeling my cheek. Even though it’d stung pretty bad, I couldn’t even be bothered to yell at him. I didn’t have the energy.

Brian answered before anyone else could. “We have no problem. You do.” He had placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me that worried look.

“Uh-huh,” Johnny agreed. “Hooked on a girl you've met once.” He tsked, earning another look from Jimmy.

“No, I don’t. And no, I’m not.” I stood up and walked to the kitchen briskly, now noticing that it was dark outside. How long had I been sitting there?

Matt followed me in, Jimmy and Brian trailing in behind him. “Then what do you call it?”

I didn't even need to think about the answer, yet I paused, maybe to add an extra effect.

“Love.”

Johnny could be heard laughing from the other room, even after Matt had closed the door.

“Look- ” Brian started. He we was court short by the phone ringing. Or maybe it had been because I’d ran out the room to answer it?

As I reached the living room, I saw Johnny moving to grab it, but I slapped his hand away before picking up the receiver myself. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please, I thought before taking a deep breath.

“Hello, Zack Baker speaking.”

Johnny laughed at my politeness, though I was too busy praying it was her to really care.

“Hey, Zack. It's me, Samantha.”

I recognized the voice immediately and cheered. “Yes!!”

“What?” Sam laughed through the phone.

Realization hitting me. “I said that out loud?” This was proof that this woman sent me wild, making me forget even the simplest of things. Like think, then speak.

“Yeah, you did,” she giggled softly, “Don’t worry though.”

My heart flipped at the soft and gentle tone she used and the sound of her giggling.

“I’d have done the same thing if it was the other way around,” she admitted.

My mouth was slightly open as I blinked at the wallpaper a few times. “Huh?” I slapped myself, mentally cursing my stupidity. “I mean, really?”

She laughed again, before giving a short answer that filled a few years of my life. “Yeah.”

It sounded so sweet and innocent, I had to sit.

“Wow, that's like…a pretty neat coincidence.”

Matt and Jimmy slapped me upside my head. They were listening in with Brian while Johnny pillaged my fridge.

“What was that?” Samantha asked. She must have heard the sound.

“My conscience.” It was kind of true. If they hadn’t slapped me, I would have done it myself. Again.

“Ah. Say ‘hi’ to them for me.” She laughed, giving me time to remember I’d told her about these guys. I don’t know why though.

I glared as they grabbed the phone and yelled hiya’s at her. I snatched it back, trying to stand but was pushed down by them. Of course, they wanted to hear her more, know what made me go weak in the knees.

She eventually stopped laughing, I felt jealous because I wasn’t the cause. “They’re lively.”

“Yeah.” My reply was bitter. I was instantly worried she’d take it the wrong way.

“I’m sorry I got off track.”

It hurt to hear her apologies because I was being a jerk

“I called for a reason, you see,” she continued.

Curiosity replaced my guilt within a second. The three of them were half leaning on me, trying to hear her as her words became softer, as if she knew they were listening in.

“I, uh…I was wondering if you would mind going out for coffee tomorrow with me?”

I almost dropped the phone.

“Oh...Uh…Uhm…” I cleared my throat as Brian tried not to laugh. “Ah, sure.”

“Awesome!” She sounded so happy I almost got off on it. I got a jab in my back. My conscience was telling me something.

“D-do you want me to pick you up?” I volunteered. The elbow removed itself from my spine, so I knew I’d guessed right.

“Sure.” She now sounded as oblivious as me. Maybe she hadn’t expected me to say yes?

She passed on her address. I repeated it as Jimmy wrote it on my arm with a permanent marker.

“Hey, Sammie?” I loved saying her full name, but my nerves only allowed the abbreviated version. “You, uh, wanna g-get something to eat as well? Maybe, catch a movie, or so?” I hung my head in shame. I couldn’t even ask her out properly.

“Like a…date?”

My head shot up at her cautious voice.

“YES!” I shouted into the phone. That earned me a few more slaps before I could mutter an apology.

She laughed for a bit. I think I caught the word “cute” between her giggling before she answered me. “I’d love too.”

She practically killed me and brought me back to life again. I had never given God so much praise before.

Sam's POV

I said my last goodbye, biting my lip, trying to control myself. The moment I heard the fateful click I screamed.

“OH MY GOD, YES!!!”

A bang followed as my roommate fell out of bed. I didn’t let that stop my celebration though, as I ran round the house screaming my happiness out.

Zack's POV

“Holy shit. I’ve never been so nervous.”

I ran a hand through my hair, leaning back as Brian, Matt and Jimmy congratulated me.

“Anyone else want one?” Johnny asked, walking out of the kitchen. He was holding up half of a sandwich, the other hanging out of his mouth, as he looked at us confused by the looks we sported. “What?"

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute?