Status: Completed. This Is A Oneshot.

Like Buffy & Angel...

one of one

“So how do I look?” I ask my best friend as I twirl around in a circle, checking myself out in my full length mirror as I move.

“Beautiful.”

“Really?” I pipe, tucking stray bangs behind my ear and stopping to face her, she’s sitting with her legs folded on my unmade bed.

“Of course, Zacky is going to lose it!”

“I just want it to be as close as possible to perfect tonight, it’s our first date since he’s been back from tour.”

“And it will be. He’ll come pick you up, take you out to the beach where the two of you will catch up under the setting sun and you’ll come back here to a delicious home cooked meal with an empty, clean house.”

“I love you,” I say shaking my head. This girl is my life saver.

“Of course you do, who the hell wouldn’t? Now that new dress is just-Uh! Spin around again!” She squeaks excitedly, just like a mom. And I roll my eyes as I twirl around again, and once more for good measure.

“Thank you again for the cleaning and the cooking,”

“You don’t have to thank me silly, I live for this stuff. Now you just make sure you are home early enough where the food will still be warm…But not too early, I don’t want to be here when you get back…Ewww…” She shudders and blinks, a nasty thought crossing her mind no doubt. “He should be here any moment; I’m going to go to the living room to answer the door, ‘kay? After you hear him-“

“Shuddup and go,” I joke as she climbs up off the bed and goes to leave my master bedroom. I apply a little more of Zack’s favorite flavored lip gloss before getting lost in my reflection. I love getting dressed up for him, I love the way his eyes brighten when he takes that first look at me and then can’t look away. It makes me feel absolutely beautiful and shuns any stupid I thoughts I had while he was away touring.

“Hi Zachary, she’ll be down in a minute.” I hear Acid from the downstairs and it pulls me out of my thoughts.

“Alrighty, let’s go see the man.” I whisper to myself, not being able to contain a cheek pinching smile as I walk along the hallway to the stairs and down them. A small squeal escapes my pass my lips once I rest my eyes on him. Zacky is standing there by the door looking better then I remembered which is hard when I have photos with him through out the house. He’s dressed in black pants, a black button up with the top two buttons unbuttoned, revealing the top of a white wife beater and his hair is combed back in the suave way that I just swoon over.

“Babe,” He says automatically when like clock work he turns as I reach the final step. “You look absolutely radiant.” I know I’m blushing.

“You look very handsome lover,” I reply, crossing the open space between us to take his hand in mine and get this date started with.

“You two crazy kids have a good time, I’ll see you later,” Acid puts a hand on each of our shoulders and steers us out towards the door. And without another word we’re outside and she’s turning the lock.

Before we move from the porch I lean up and press my lips to his. They still have that smell, that taste and texture to them that they had when we shared our first kiss; our first dizzy, breath taking, word stumbling, sparks and fireworks kiss.

“Mmm,” He groans against my lips after we part just a small bit, “Let’s go already so we can get back here and I can get you out of that dress.”

“Okie,” I encourage, biting my lower lip happily as we walk down the little path to his car.

“Is that new?” He asks after we get in the car, he takes notice, this man is perfect.

“Yes it is,”

“I love it.”

“I love you,” I say wittily back, smiling at just being in the company of him once again.

On the drive to the beach my hand laid upon his, and we talked about the things that went on backstage, offstage and here at home. When we came to the parking spot I pulled my heel’s off so I could feel the touch of the cool dusk sand, it adds to the moment you know.

“I can’t begin to tell you baby how much you mean to me,” He starts and my heart just picks up the beat. We’re walking hand in hand along the deserted shoreline and the sky is the most beautiful shades of pinks and oranges, they really make his eyes shine like no other lighting. “You are absolutely the prettiest thing I’ve ever laid these eyes on and I love you so much, I got you a little something…” He says and then pauses, stopping me in the process. Zacky puts his hand to his pocket and then pulls out this little black box and everything inside me just freezes, but it’s a warm freeze.

“I like to think I know you better then anyone, and I’ve paid a lot of attention to the things you love…”

“Awe Zacky,” I can’t help but bring my hand to my mouth and tear up at the site of the little Claddagh ring in the little black box. I lean into him and hug him tightly before he slides the ring onto my finger; I admire it for a second before looking back up into his eyes.

“I thought you’d love it, I’ve heard the way you’d mention it when watching those Buffy episodes.”

“Awe,” I giggle, “You are just perfect.”

“I’m only near perfect because I have you, you complete me.” And it’s now that I notice that he too is wearing a ring, I then bring his face to mine and nuzzle his lips affectionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you love it hun <3