Jill couldn't think of a title so there is none

The End and The Beginning

I get home from another few weeks of touring to find Gabby scrubbing the kitchen floor crying.
"Holy fuck Billie, you scared the living shit out of me!" she says standing up quickly.
"Sorry, why are you crying?"
"I just got aggravated with this spot on the floor." She says pointing at the floor, her ring finger bare.
"It's just a spot."
"I know, I'm just having a bad couple of days." I see her cheek is swollen again.
"What did Stan do?" she looks at me shocked.
"How'd you know?"
"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see something is wrong between you two."

She breaks down crying so I hold her in my arms and feel her tears seep through my shirt.
"He was in OUR apartment, in OUR bed with another woman."
"I aughta-"
"Forget about it." She says wiping tears from her eyes as she pulls away. I cup her face and wipe the tears off her cheeks with my thumbs. "I should've known; it was so obvious."
"He's the one who hit you."
"No, this was from-"
"You don't have to defend him."
"Last time it was him, not this time." She says as her tears seem to slow.
"So you just left?" she nods.
"Not before chucking my wedding ring at him."
"Where are you staying now?"
"Motel on Cree Street."
"You should stay here."
"No, I-I couldn't."
"Why not?"
"You're my boss and-"
"And it would be more convenient for you. I seriously doubt you can continue living at a motel." I insist.
"I'll think about it."
"He never deserved you." she stares up at me with her beautiful eyes.

I crane my neck to kiss her lips, and she doesn't stop me. Her hands hold the back of my neck and as our kiss intensifies her hands move up through my hair. We back into the living room where I guide her down onto the sofa. I move my hands down her body smoothly and gently.

*Gabby's P.O.V.*
I wake up on the sofa with Billie Joe; we didn't go all the way. We just made-out for a while, made-out sounds so high school but that's all that happened. I slide out of his grasp and straighten out my shirt and tie my hair. I head into the kitchen and start putting away the cleaning supplies I was using the night before.

The door bell rings but Billie doesn't seem to wake up so I head to the door and open it. It was Adrienne and the boys.
"Hi Gabby." Joey says in a friendly voice.
"Hey boys."
"Is Billie here?" Adrienne asks looking around.
"He uh, fell asleep on the sofa." I say glancing at the living room.
"Shit, I really need to get going, do you mind?"
"Not at all." I say as I take a half-asleep Jakob from her.
"Alright, well I'll see you boys in a few days." She says as she kisses the top of Jakob's head. "Be good." She hugs Joey and heads to her car.

"Did you two eat yet?" I ask as I carry Jakob into the kitchen and Joey follows behind.
"I did, but Jakob didn't want to eat." Joey says as he climbs onto a kitchen bench.
"Do you want to eat now Jakey?" I ask as I bounce him in my arms a bit. He shrugs his shoulders. "What do you want to eat?"
"Ceweal." He says as I place him on one of the kitchen benches.
"What kind?"
"Alphabits." He puts his hands flat out on the counter. I go to the cupboard to get a bowl for Jakob as Joey heads over to the fridge. I make his bowl of cereal and put it in front of the little boy. He tightly grips his spoon and starts eating.
"Gabby, can you wash this?" he asks as he hands me an apple. I wash the apple and hand it to him. He takes a bite and heads into the living room and sits right in front of Billie Joe.

"Can I wake him up?" he asks looking at me.
"Let him sleep." I say as I go back into the kitchen to keep an eye on Jakob.
"Whoaaaaa!" I hear Billie Joe say startled.
"I didn't wake him up!" Joey says putting his hands up in the air to show his innocence.
"When did you get here?"
"A few minutes ago." Joey says as Billie sits up.
"Don't put your face that close to other people's especially when they're sleeping."
"Sorry."
"Gabby's still here, right?"
"Yup she's in the kitchen with Jakob. Can I watch TV now?"
"Sure buddy."

"Morning." I say as Billie walks into the kitchen yawning.
"G'morning."
"All done!" Jakob squeaks. "Hi Daddy." I put the bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. Billie crouches down to his son's level and give him a hug. He scuttles to the living room to join his brother.

*Billie's P.O.V.*
I go up behind her and put my lips to her neck.
"So are you going to live here now?" she steps away, causing confusion in my mind.
"I don't know Billie with all the shit going on-"
"So? Shit can be worked through."
"You're my boss!"
"Then get transferred."
"Billie Joe I can't just change everything!"
"What about last night, did that mean nothing to you?"
"I don't know what last night was, but it wasn't supposed to happen."
"How can you say that?! How can you just say you didn't feel anything?!"
"I felt one thing last night and it was coming from your pants!" she yells.
"Real mature, how exactly am I supposed to take that?!"
"Take it as when I first met Adrienne she thought I was your girlfriend because I looked like your type. So I'm thinking you hired me because I looked appealing!" I can't say anything for a few moments as she stares at me infuriated. She breaks eye contact and heads for the door. I follow her.
"What about you! Why'd you stick around if you got at least two job offers at restaurants."
"How the fuck do you know about that?!" she demands. She doesn't wait for a response when she slams the door shut behind her.
"Argh!"

I hear Jakob starting to cry from the living room. I hurry over to make sure he's okay and Joey stares at me with an ugly glare.
"You promised that if you and Mom would live in separate houses the yelling would stop." He says sternly as he takes Jakob's hand.
"Joey I'm sorry." I say about to pick up Jakob but he pulls away.
"You should say sorry to Gabby." He says as he and his brother head for the stairs.

I slump on the couch and put my head in my hands. Gabby was mad at me, my sons were mad at me. Isn't this a fucking fabulous day.