Status: Slight hiatus ): sorry.

Fleur Boutique

Don't Give Up.

~*~No One‘s POV~*~
Date
: February 15th, 2010

“Good morning Jerica.”
“Hi.”

Keith bit his bottom lip as Jerica walked into the choir room for sound connection, a bored look on her face. She took a seat in-between Lisa and Francheska and began talking with them, finally smiling.

A sigh heavily escaped Keith’s lips. Damnit, what was he doing wrong? He used pick up lines, he called her, he went to her house; he even let her join sound connection based on, not just her amazing voice, but also his biased opinion of her! What else could be done to make her his?

“Are you excited for sound connection?” Lisa asked with a grin.

Jerica nodded happily. “Too excited.” Mostly because Keith was here, but no one needed to know that.

“I didn’t know you could play that song on the guitar, munchkin,” Francheska said with a smile, referring to the song Jerica played for sound connection tryouts.

“Yeah, I just recently learned it since it’s one of my favorite songs,” Jerica replied. “Meaningful lyrics and all.”

“True,” Lisa and Francheska responded at the same time.

“Okay class,” Keith began as he walked to the front of the class. Every sound connection student was now here. It has been a week since Monday auditions, and there were currently 22 students inside of the room. “We will start with warm ups. Sit up in your chairs and have good alignments.”

And with that, Sound Connection began.

~**~**~**~

Jerica kicked open the door to her room, an irritated look on her face. She dropped her backpack on the floor and groaned before falling back-first onto her large, queen bed.

Keith, this whole week, didn‘t try any flirting. If he had, it must’ve been thickly disguised, considering Jerica didn’t notice crap. But at least he wasn’t trying anything - which slightly irritated annoyed.

They had been acting as friends, just like she wanted. But slowly she was beginning to want more - not that she would admit that. The only thing she had admitted to Keith in the past week was that she only looked at him as a friend; which was a complete lie.

Jerica got up and walked to the bathroom. She took a shower, and after doing so, she walked back into her room and began playing her guitar. She played ‘Outside Lookin’ In’ but stopped when Keith entered her mind again. She groaned.

“Again?!” she asked. “Damnit, get out of my head!”

She groaned and put her guitar back on its stand. After doing so, she just sat on her bed with an annoyed look and an annoyed expression. She turned towards her balcony. Now would be a good time to go out there and just think.

Jerica stood up, walking outside to her balcony. She rested her chin in her palm on the railing and stared up at the sky of the sunset evening, with a longing look.

Would Jerica ever tell Keith of her feelings? Would he ever go out with her? Did he stop liking her? Would he ever even spare a hug to the teenager?

A groan escaped Jerica's lips. Of course not! He's a teacher! And what is she? His student. One of his students; out of more than 200. What were the chances he would feel the same?

She let out a sigh. "You'll never know how I feel..."

Soon, her cell phone began to ring. She jumped due to the sudden noise. Jerica turned and rushed into her room. She picked up her cell phone to see Keith was calling her. She blushed and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jerica, what's up?"

Jerica sweat-dropped. "Why are you calling me?"

"I'm bored," Keith replied as he sat lazily on his couch, in his living room. "Aren't you?"

"Well..."

"Exactly. Anyway, what's up? How are you?" Keith asked, interrupting Jerica.

A sigh came from Jerica's mouth. "I was just out on my balcony, staring at the sunset, pretty much. The moon is out in the sky right now, so I‘m staring at it."

"Staring at the moon? ...Werewolf..." Keith mumbled.

Werewolf? What the hell? "Hey! What the hell?! Who you calling a werewolf, you vampire?!" Jerica retorted.

"Me?! A vampire?! What makes you think that?!" Keith asked as he sat up straight.

"Your pale skin," Jerica responded. "But that's all I can think of. Your eyes are blue, and your hands are always warm."

"Exactly," Keith said. "I would know. I watched Twilight and New Moon."

Jerica rolled her eyes. "Boooo~" she said. "I know better movies."

Keith just laughed as he leaned back against the couch. "So, why were you out on your balcony? Last time you were there, you were moping."

Jerica froze. Shit. Was she doing that now?

"Moping again?"

She gulped. "Uhh..."

Keith sighed. "What is it now?" he asked as he rubbed his temple.

Jerica bit her bottom lip as she sat down on her bed, her other hand on her lap. "Nothing..."

"Bullshit. What's wrong?"

Jerica sighed. "Just... sad about something..." She gave in.

"What is it? Is it a boy? Someone? Who is it? I'll kick their ass," Keith said as he closed his eyes.

Jerica laughed. "It's not a boy."

"Then who is it?"

A man. Jerica almost laughed at that. Instead, she snorted to retain from laughing.

"What's so funny?" Keith asked as opened his eyes and raised an eyebrow.

Finally, she let out a laugh. "N-Nothing."

"Then why you laughing, huh? Tell me, Laurent, or else I'll be forced to come to your house, climb up your balcony, and hold you in a choke-hold until you tell me."

"Well, I won't really be able to tell you then if you're holding me in a choke-hold."

"..."

"Exactly," Jerica mocked.

Keith rolled his eyes. "Don't mock me," he said. "Werewolf."

Jerica laughed. "You're so weird. What kind of teacher calls one of their students when they're bored?"

"Me," Keith said. "Besides, we're not like any other student teacher friendships. We're closer."

"I guess so," Jerica mumbled with a small smile. "That's good though. We're closer than most teachers and students."

"See what I mean? It's very good, having a close friendship and all," Keith said as he heard Jerica give a laugh.

Friendship. Ugh. Keith wanted more than that. He damn did. But Jerica didn't know that anymore. Only his closest pals knew that. Jerica and him were 'just-friends', which was a load of bullshit.

But Keith wouldn’t give up.
He just didn’t realize that Jerica wouldn’t either.
♠ ♠ ♠
92 readers, 23 subscribers, 15 comments! (:
I'm so glad!

I am incredibly sorry for not posting up a chapter in a very long time D:
I've been on a writer's block, and I haven't really had any ideas.
Plus I'm working/busy with other stories which are soon to be posted up here on mibba, so yeah.
Go check those out when they're out (: they're awesome, trust me.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Thanks again for all the positive comments and such.
Keep commenting and keep reading! Payce!
-Ericka Zapanta.