Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Complications.

Edward cautiously took my hand and led me into the trees. We walked for what seemed like forever before we finally stopped and sat on top of a large boulder near a small stream.

“I meant what I said about liking you and wanting you to be my girlfriend.” He started while still holding my hand.

“If you wanted that then why did you stay with Bella and ignore me this whole time? It hurt me Edward…”

“I know it did and I keep kicking myself for it. It’s a really long story and I don’t want you to interrupt me or try to leave once I start to tell you. This is hard enough for me already.” He said and I nodded.

“Okay, I was born June 20, 1901 and I died in 1918 due to the Spanish Influenza. On my death bed, I met my future adoptive father, Carlisle. Before I knew what was happening, he was biting me and then I felt like I was sent directly into hell.

“After 3 days, I finally came to my senses and realized I had become a monster. My throat burned and every time I was near someone I felt like killing them for their… blood.” I stared at Edward in disbelief. What’s he trying to tell me?! That he’s a vampire or something?!?!

“That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you,” he said.

“What?”

“I can read minds and you just wondered if I was trying to tell you if I was a vampire which I am.” He paused for a minute before continuing.

“I left Carlisle during my rebellious stage and I killed in frustration. After a few years, I returned to him and found out he had taken Esme as his wife and there was also Rosalie. I converted to their lifestyle and began drinking blood from animals. It’s animal blood that keeps my eyes golden instead of red or black.

“We’re nomadic and can’t stay in one place for too long because we don’t grow old and people become suspicious. We moved here a few weeks before you did and that’s when I met Bella.” I held back an eye roll and let him go on. For some reason I was starting to actually believe him.

“Bella’s blood drove me crazy and I had to force myself to stay as unmoving as a rock when she was around in fear that I would lose control.

“For vampires, there’s a singer. That’s someone whose blood calls out to us and tempts us like no other can. I thought for sure Bella was my singer. A week before you arrived, I revealed myself to her, as a vampire that is. She took it so well and most of my family liked her, all except Rosalie.” He stopped talking and stared at the small fish moving around in the stream.

“What happened when I got here?” I asked softly. He squeezed my hand gently and looked at me.

“Everything changed.” he whispered looking straight into my eyes. I swallowed and waited for him to explain.

“Alice has the power to see the future, and she saw you coming. She warned me that things would get complicated, but I ignored her and was stubborn. But then you actually came and my senses went haywire.

“Being around Bella was nothing compared to being around you. My throats burns constantly and I feel like you’re a glass doll in my hands. I could break you with a flick of my wrist… My…desire for you is no match for Bella.” He said the last part quieter and leaned closer to my face.

“Then why do you stay with her if you think I’m your singer?” I matched his volume and leaned closer as well. Edward closed his eyes and kissed my forehead before pulling away.

“Here’s where it gets even more complicated. Alice had another vision right after I told you I wanted you to be my girlfriend. It was of me trying to break up with Bella. Remember, I have already told her my family’s secret because I thought she was my singer. When I tried to call things off, she used it to her advantage.”

“She’s blackmailing you…” he nodded slightly. The rage inside of me boiled up and I felt like walking into the school and smacking her silly. How can you do that to someone?! Does she not feel any guilt?

“Andii, she knows I care about you and she’s trying to do everything to stop us from being together.” He sighed and leaned back on his hands.

“Edward, I feel bad. You’ve shared everything with me and I feel like I need to tell you what I did.” I thought about the kiss with Eli and felt even guiltier. Edward still cares about me, but he was just under Bella’s evil clutches.

“Don’t worry about the kiss, Andii. Alice saw it in a vision and that was what helped me tell you all this. I don’t want anyone trying to keep us apart anymore.” He sat up and placed a cold hand on my cheek.

“You’re cold. Is that a side effect of being a vampire?” he nodded and leaned closer until he was inches away from me.

“Do I scare you?” No. He smiled when he read my mind and then brushed his lips against mine. I smiled and kissed him back. Edward pulled me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck. But before things could go further, he pulled away and breathed heavily.

“Are you okay?” I asked and let go of his neck.

“I’ve been better. I don’t want to hurt you.” He looked up at me and I saw his eyes had gotten darker and his canines had grown a little in size.

“I bet that’s hard to control,” I whispered and held his hand. He smiled and went back to normal.

“Let’s skip today and go back to my place. I want to show you something.” He leaned over and motioned for me to get on his back.

“Are you joking?” he shook his head and I sighed. I climbed onto his back and held on tight.

“Ready?” he asked. I nodded and then I felt like I was floating. Edward was running so fast I could barely see the scenery. Within seconds, we were standing in front of his huge house.

“I feel like I was just on a rollercoaster.” I mumbled when he set me down. I was a little unsteady and held onto him for support. Edward chuckled and led me inside.

“You’ll get used to it,” he told me. Edward led me to the stairs and then I noticed it. There was like 50 graduation caps framed on the wall.

“How many times have you graduated?” I asked. He glanced at the frame and laughed.

“I’m not sure. Esme likes to keep those up as a joke.” Speaking of Esme…

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“School and work. Esme doesn’t work, but she’s probably out shopping and doing things girls do.” He mumbled. It was my turn to laugh. Edward then led me into his room and I sat down on his couch. I love his room. It’s so relaxing.

“Thank you. It makes me relax too.”

“I forgot about the whole mindreading thing. Can you not use that on me? What if I start daydreaming about you in class and then you see it and then I get embarrassed…” I trailed off.

“It’s hard to block people out and besides, you daydreaming will give me more entertainment than listening to Mr. Harden try to teach me things I’ve been learning for over a century.” He grinned.

“Well then, I’ll just think of really weird things and make you laugh when no one is talking!” I hopped up and walked over to his music.

“Is that a threat?” he asked. I shook my head.

“No, it’s a promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Look an update... FINALLY! Haha I get this weekend off to update so here you go guys. Thanks for being supportive and leave bunches of comments!(: