Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Dad.

“What are you doing here?! I thought you still had another year of being in South Africa!” I practically screamed while hugging him. My dad chuckled and squeezed me back. I look more like him than I do my mom.

“I get a few days leave before I'm going back,” he said kissing my cheek. For the first time he seemed to noticed Edward in the room with us.

“Who’s this, Andii?” he asked just curious.

“Oh, Daddy, this is my boyfriend, Edward.” I introduced them to each other. My dad smiled and patted Edward on the back and invited him to dinner which he kindly declined saying he needed to go back home.

“I’ll see you at school,” he whispered softly and kissed my cheek before leaving so I could be with my dad.

“I can’t believe you're actually here,” I said softly.

“Well you better start because I only have until Wednesday,” he chuckled. That night, I spent time watching movies with my dad and just being around him. He fell in love with Bentley. This is the first time he’s seeing him in person.

I was almost scared to go to sleep Sunday night because I felt like this might disappear when I woke up in the morning like a dream. Some things are too good to be true. But that was foolish of me because when I went downstairs the next morning after getting ready, my dad was drinking coffee and helping my mom with breakfast.

“Hey sleepy head.”

“Hi, Daddy,” I mumbled hugging him again. He kissed the top of my head and we all sat down to eat. My mom fed Bentley while my dad and I talked.

“So, how is everything?”

“It’s really good. I have new friends and the perfect boyfriend. I have good grades and I’m starting to like Forks. It’s growing on me,” I told him. He nodded and listened.

“Should I be worried about Edward?” he asked going into dad mode. I shook my head.

“He’s old school, Dad. The kind that opens doors and sends flowers. He believes in waiting until marriage and those kinds of things. He’s good to me.”

“That’s all I ask,” he said smiling.

“Oh, you can use my car if you need it. Edward takes me to and from school now so feel free. The keys are hanging on the hook by the door,” I said.

Speak of the devil; the doorbell rang after I said that. I answered it and Edward came in and said good morning to my parents.

“Don’t be late!” my mom called after us. I waved goodbye and got into Edward’s Volvo.

“So I’m going to take a wild guess and say that I won’t see much of you after school,” Edward said while he drove us to school.

“Probably not,” I smiled, “Not if my dad is here. I want to be with him before he has to leave again on Wednesday for another year.” Edward nodded.

“Understandable.” I smiled and leaned over, kissing his cheek while he drove. He flashed me a crooked grin, parked, and then kissed me on the lips.

“I guess I’ll just have to make up for our time lost at school,” he grinned. I raised an eyebrow at him, but still let him open the car door for me and take my hand in his.

“Have you asked your parents about our trip?” he asked as we walked closer to the school.

“No and I don’t think that I will ask until my dad leaves again. He may like you as my boyfriend, but we’ve only been going out for a little bit and he wouldn’t let me go,” I explained.

“Okay, we can ask your mom later this week.”

“We?”

“Yeah, I'm not going to make you ask her alone. She might be more convinced if we ask her together.”

“And you’ll need to tell her that you’re abstinent…”

“Abstinent?” it was his turn to raise his eyebrow.

“I told them you won’t do anything until marriage which you won’t because we won’t do anything if you don’t have control over your other ‘personality’,” I smiled.

“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” he seemed happy and kissed my hairline. I really like that he just kisses me like that on my forehead or cheeks. It’s cute.

“Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind.”

“I told you to stop that,” I mumbled. Edward kissed me on the cheek again and squeezed my hand lightly. He walked me to first period where we ran into Alice, Jasper, and Eli.

“Hey guys,” I said. They said hi back. I watched Edward and Eli look at each other. Eli stuck his hands in his pockets, but never broke eye contact with Edward. He nodded slightly at Edward.

“You break her heart and I break your face,” he added with a small smile. Edward broke into a grin and agreed before kissing me goodbye.

I walked into the classroom with them and we sat down.

“Edward told me that your dad is in town,” Alice said happily in a sing song voice.

“Yeah he gets to stay with us until Wednesday. I wish it was longer, but they need him in Africa,” I said.

“That’s cool. So are you and Edward going to the Spring Formal?” Eli asked me this which kind of surprised me because I wouldn’t pin him as one to care about school dances.

“I'm not sure. Edward hasn’t brought it up, but I want to go. I’ve never really gone to a school dance because I had to take care of Bentley before when my dad had to leave.”

“I see,” Eli stared off out the window. Maybe the lack of skittles really was affecting him. He’s not as hyper as he usually is. I was determined to get him acting like he was before so that day of lunch I bought a bag of skittles from the vending machine.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been so long!!! Okay comment on this and then check out my new Joker story. It will be up within the hour so watch for it in my story section and on my profile page. I'll put it on there once I have the first chapter out(: