Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Athena.

Friday came and went quickly. Bella refused to even look at me and Mr. Harden didn’t mention anything about me not staying for the rest of detention. I guess he got held up and didn’t go back to the classroom.

It’s Saturday and Edward is putting my suitcase into his Volvo and I'm saying goodbye to my mom and Bentley.

“Remember to eat properly and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” she warned me sternly. I nodded with a smile before smothering Bentley with kisses.

“I’ll see you in a week big boy,” I said and let him grab my face and give me a big sloppy kiss. After our goodbyes, I got into the Volvo with Edward.

“Ready?” he asked with a smirk. I nodded and soon we were on our way to Oregon.

“So, you never told me exactly where the cabin is,” I said once we got onto interstate 82.

“I didn’t? Well, it’s in Athena so that’s about 4 and half hours away if we go 70 miles the whole time,” he said with a wide grin on his face. Of course he would be driving fast.

“Just don’t kill us, okay?” I asked. He scoffed so I turned up the volume for his music and classical music began to play. I wrinkled my nose and put in a CD that I made last night. It had my favorite Taylor Swift, Mayday Parade, and Owl City songs.

“Really? Taylor Swift?” he asked.

“Heck yes! I love this song. Well I love her new album in general,” I said and started singing along to Mean.

“This is going to be a long drive,” he mumbled to himself. I lightly smacked his arm and then resituated the pillow I brought so I could sleep in the car. It was only 6 in the morning after all.

I don’t know when, but I felt myself doze off listening to the Speak Now album. I woke up to Edward gently shaking my arm. I sat up disoriented and confused for a second before I remembered why I was in his car.

“Where are we?” I asked looking out the car window.

“We’re at a 7/11 in Yakima. We’re getting closer to the border so I wanted to refill the gas tank. Do you want anything to drink or eat?” he asked. I glanced at the clock and saw we still had 2 hours of driving. Nodding, I unbuckled and got out of the car with him. He grabbed my hand and we walked into the gas station.

“Can you go get me lemon Peace tea?” I asked. He nodded and I went into the snack aisle. I yawned and pulled my long brown hair into a side pony tail and grabbed a bag of skittles while thinking of Eli.

I wonder if he and Emma are hanging out.

“Hey there, Beautiful. What are you doing all alone here?” I turned around and saw a really muscley guy looking at me. He had a 5 o’clock shadow and a serious case of bedhead. His blonde hair was all over the place.

“I don’t think that concerns you,” I replied and then grabbed some Twix and Snickers too.

“That’s not a very nice thing to say,” he replied and blocked my way out of the aisle. For a gas station, this 7/11 was pretty big. Where’s Edward??

“Look mister, I’m on a roadtrip with my boyfriend so I would appreciate it if you would stop keeping me from getting back to him,” I snapped. The guy snorted rudely and rolled his eyes.

“I doubt your boyfriend is able to satisfy you like I could do,” he said lowly and wiggled his eyebrows. I held back my gag and retort.

“For your information, Edward is everything I could ask for and more. I am very satisfied,” just as I finished, Edward appeared by my side and glared at the man in front of us.

“Andii, is this guy bothering you?” he asked my lowly.

“I’m not sure. I think we’re finished talking,” I said and began to go around him. The guy snarled and went to grab my arm, but Edward took hold of his hand and squeezed it hard, making the guy wince in pain.

“Try to touch my girlfriend and I will break every bone in your hand,” he threatened slowly. The guy nodded furiously and ran off as soon as Edward released him.

“I’m sorry, I lost my control for a second,” he mumbled after he composed himself. I leaned up and kissed him sweetly.

“Thank you for coming to my rescue,” I simply said. Edward grinned and grabbed my candy and the drink he got me and took it to the check out.

“You two passing through?” the cashier asked as he rang up the candy and tea.

“We’re on our way to Athena for Spring Break,” I said happily, my bad mood now gone. The cashier paused for a minute and looked us over.

“I’d be careful if I were you guys. Strange things have been going on down there.”

“Like what?” I asked when I saw that Edward wasn’t going to ask.

“There’ve been a number of mysterious killings and police think it’s because of wolves or something. All the bodies have been drained of their blood and the police have found foot prints that look like they could have been big foot’s.” The elderly man nodded to himself and handed me the bag.

“Just be careful is all.” I thanked him and Edward held my hand again as we walked to his car.

“Did you know about this?” I asked once we got situated in the car again and began driving.

“Carlisle just called me in the store and that’s why I was so late getting to you. He just saw a story on the news about a recent killing in Athena and warned me that it might be something more, but he doesn’t know what yet.”

“We’re still going right? I mean they aren’t near your cabin, are they?” I asked cautiously. I didn’t want my whole Spring Break with Edward to be ruined.

“No, they’re not close enough for us to be worried,” he said and flashed me a grin.

“So, what did you get? I didn’t even look when I paid for it,” he chuckled. I completely forgot that I got candy! I grabbed the bag and showed him all the chocolate and sugar.

“Hey, no making messes,” he warned playfully. I smiled at him and opened one of the Twix bars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go(: It may sound a little bit like Twilight, but it won't be. There is going to be much more!!(: Comment PLEASE <3