Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

ten.

.” The bell rang, signalling they should move on to their next lesson-Art-and she stormed out. Will didn’t want to think about how mad she would be when she realised they studied Art together.
Hayley was pissed. Why did he have to follow her everywhere? Why were all the teachers and students staring at her, then meeting her eyes and shooting sad grimaces, as though they understood a fraction of what she was going through? She had turned down, as politely as she could, three offers to go see the school nurse, and a business card for a local psyche nurse. She was not insane, she was grieving. Why couldn't she do it in peace?
Will sat opposite Hayley at their Art table, which was decorated brightly with various shades of reds and oranges paints. Hayley was on the edge of her seat, biting her lip and avoiding eye contact with anyone. Two people who shared their table, Rosie and Matt, were away, so it was just Hayley, Will and Andy today. Andy wasn't the brightest guy, so he preferred to go into the adjoining room into Mr Martin’s room to paint. Miss Kendrick, however, pushed her students to shade, tone and blend, which Hayley usually did quite well, but today, she wasn't her usual self-her lily wasn't in proportion and looked like a cartoon.
Hayley sat alone in the kitchen that night, sheets of homework spread out in front of her. She sipped bland coffee, not really noticing the bitter taste on her tongue. She was thinking, predominantly, about Zach. The hospital had called while she had been at school-his condition had worsened. She had missed visiting hours, but she could come back the next day. She was furious with herself-what if Zach...what if, overnight, he....she couldn't bring herself to even think about Zach dying.
She half-completed the English essay, and filled in the wrong answer to two Math problems. What was the point? What was the point of school? What the point of anything at all if you could die in a second? If someone could take your life away by just drink driving? If just picking your son up from football practise was a dangerous thing to do...there wasn't any point anymore, Hayley fumed as she stuffed the sheets of paper into her bag and poured her coffee down the sink, promising herself that she would wash the cup tomorrow, knowing she wouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, is Zach gonna make it? tell me your ideas and ill comment you back. x