Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

eleven.

If just picking your son up from football practise was a dangerous thing to do...there wasn't any point anymore, Hayley fumed as she stuffed the sheets of paper into her bag and poured her coffee down the sink, promising herself that she would wash the cup tomorrow, knowing she wouldn't.
She watched Will play against his friend Scott on his Playstation for a few hours, until he finally gave up and with a yawn shut the machine off. She turned off the light and lay awake in bed, thinking about the boy next door, until the mobile phone she had long forgotten about buzzed, making her heart race and palms sweat.
“Jesus,” she muttered, picking up the phone and blinking it its bright light.
She had a text from Will, asking if she wanted to walk to school with him tomorrow.
Sorry, I know it’s late, but same time tomorrow?
Hayley replied with a quick ‘yes’ and turned the phone off, butterflies performing an air show in her stomach. She wasn't sure why she liked Will Matthews. Maybe it was his funny, happy-go-lucky personality, his messy hair, his dark, smiling eyes...it was hard to put her finger on it, but there was something.
And that something made her feel extremely nervous as she brushed her hair into a ponytail the next day. Five minutes left, she noticed, and she did something Hayley never did-she put some foundation on her clear, pale skin, swept blusher on her cheekbones and put on a sweep of lip gloss. Feeling highly ‘made-up’, she swung her bag onto her back and locked her front door.
“Hi,” she said, uncertainly, as Will called goodbye to his parents.
“Hey,” he answered, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. “Did you get that Math?”
“No,” she answered honestly, her stomach sinking. How long would Miss Williams put her in detention for this time? Or (and this thought made Hayley feel worse) would she be spared detention because she was grieving. Hayley didn’t think she could stand another caring, patronising face today.
“Same here,” Will mumbled, biting his lip. Why were his hands so sweaty all of a sudden? It wasn't even that warm today.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are loved, appreciated and, of course, returned! x