Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

sixteen.

Will and his mother took their seats around their kitchen table, with a spare chair between them, awkwardly waiting Hayley’s arrival. MaryBeth shifted in her seat, whilst his father Paul kept longingly glancing into the living room-an important golf game was showing today, and he was missing it.
A quiet knock on the door made Will jump-he scrambled to get up and raced with his mother to get there first.
“Hi,” he gasped, as Hayley stepped inside sheepishly.
“Your hair!” MaryBeth gasped, guiding Hayley into the light. Hayley was now a honey blonde, there wasn't even a streak of blue or purple in sight. It brought out her soft, dark blue eyes and made her skin glow. Will stood, transfixed, unable to speak in her presence. Why hadn’t he seen how beautiful she was before now? She had been there for sixteen years-had he had his eyes closed? He scolded himself.
“My mum always wanted me to try this colour,” Hayley muttered, looking extremely uncomfortable as MaryBeth took her soft grey blazer.
“It’s good,” Will smiled, moving forwards. Her lips looked really soft-he just wanted to touch her. He should have kissed her twice, maybe more, this morning before Scott had upset her...
“Thank you,” she nodded, tucking a piece behind her ear. “I think I miss my blue, though,” she smiled.
“It’s really...good,” Will repeated, having no other words to say.
“Yeah,” Hayley nodded, smiling weakly, “yeah, you said that.”
“Oh.”
“Come sit, sit!” MaryBeth grinned, bustling the teenagers to their seats at the table. Hayley looked displeased at being sat next to Will, but she didn’t verbalise whatever qualms she had.
They ate in silence, Hayley occasionally answering a question about her studies or work life. She helped MaryBeth gather up the plates when Paul dashed off to watch his game, dragging Will with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
leaving hayley and wills mom alone. :D