Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

two.

He could picture Hayley crying there, looking through the albums...
"Bye, then," he smiled and hurried over to his own home.
"How was she?" His mother called to him as he shut the door after himself.
"Weird," he shrugged, walking into the kitchen and taking an apple from the fruit bowl on top of the new silver microwave.
"You'll ruin your dinner, kid, put it back," Paul told him, flipping to the back of the newspaper he was holding to catch up on the sport.
Will sighed but did as he was told.
"Go wash your hands, Will," his mother said as she set the table around Paul.
Will left silently, scrubbed his hands and played some music until his mother called him for dinner.
His older sister Liz was already there, her dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail and her near-black eyes looking tired. Liz was training to be a vet, and that meant study study study. She lived at the university an hour's drive away, but since it was Paul's birthday next weekend, she was staying this weekend and they were going out to dinner tomorrow, because Liz had a full timetable for the next few months.
The similarities between Liz and Will were many. They had the same dark eyes, brown eyes and the same skin colour. They both tanned easily and rarely burned, like Paul, something MaryBeth envied. Her children also had a fast metabolism, something she didn't have. MaryBeth was blonde, a little plump, with dark blue eyes that were always kind. She was an excellent cook and regularly sold her cakes and pies for charity bake sales. Paul looked like his children, but he was not blessed with the fast metabolism they had, so he had rather a large beer belly. He worked as a consultant surgeon not too far from their home, and his salary meant MaryBeth had never had to work. Will didn't know exactly how much his father earned, but it was enough to buy him new games for his Playstation when he asked nicely enough, and that was all he wanted to know.
"Did you hear about the Hepburns?" MaryBeth asked Liz, her eyes bright and her smile wide. MaryBeth loved gossiping, and Liz was the only one who really put up with it.
"No, what happened?" Liz asked, genuinely interested. She had liked Hayley as a little kid, she'd babysat a couple of times for her, but she didn't see too much of the family these days.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy mothers day :)
had a lovely chinese. nomnomnom.