Status: Computer is broken. Can't update. Sorry :(

Only You

Chapter 3: There's a Corner of Your Heart for Me

"Where the hell have you been?" I spat.

"Something important came up." he shrugged.

"What was so important that you had to leave me without notice?" I asked him.

"I had some...business to take care of." he replied.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. I can't ask you a question without getting a bullshit answer." I snapped impatiently.

"Well I'm sorry I have secrets. If I told you, you wouldn't want to talk to me again. Either that or you'd think I was mad." he replied quietly, his dark eyes blazing.

"What makes you think I want to talk to you now?" I asked.

"Well, you're talking." he pointed out with a shrug.

"I hate you." I spat.

"Yeah, I love you too!" he shouted even though I was rather close to him.

"Fine, I give up. It's obvious you're never going to tell me where you keep going." I sighed. I plopped down next to him and we got into an intense staring contest.

"Damn, I can't stay mad at you. Am I forgiven?" he asked hopefully. I get off the bed, ignoring him. "Aww, come on, Lex, don't be like that, please." he tried. I just continued ignoring him. Immature, I know.

"Look, Brad Pitt!!!!' he yelled, leaping into the air and pointing wildly. I glanced at him disparagingly, but did not speak.

"Okay, fine. Ignore me. But I'm not shutting up." he huffed.

One Hour Later

"IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER AAAAAALL!!!!' he belted out at the top of his lungs, finishing the annoying tune. It was a wonder my parents hadn't heard him.

"Fine! I'll stop ignoring you! Jeez." I yelled. He clapped his hands together like a ditzy girl.

"Mission accomplished!" he crowed.

"How come you never talked to me before, but now you never shut up?" I asked. He froze, pondering my question.

"Dunno." he said thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. That got him to shut up. "Ooh I know, I know!" he cried, waving his hands around like an annoying schoolchild.

"What?" I snapped.

"You need to get out." he said simply.

"I what?" I asked.

"You need to get out, do things. Take a risk." he elaborated.

"And how would you suggest I do that?" I asked.

"Come on." he stated, marching out the door and beckoning
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Corner of Your Heart by Igrid Michaelson. Don't judge me.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter. More than you can imagine. Comment!