One Step Ahead.

Fourteen

I woke up the next morning still wrapped in Shane’s arms, and as naked as the day I fell out of my mom’s vagina. I laughed at myself and buried my head into Shane’s chest, how could my life be so bad and yet so good at the same time.

I sighed and looked up at Shane; he was so cute when he was asleep. He looked so innocent, like he had no other care in the world. I wish I could do that as I slept, but even with Shane by my side the nightmares that plagued my dreams still haunted me.

I was deathly afraid. I had no idea weather I would be alive or dead by the end of the week and if Ellie and Acelyn were okay or not. I was scared of losing them; they were like my sisters. I couldn’t believe that Acelyn would want me dead… she was always the one to look out for me when I did something incredibly stupid. She was one of my best friends and how she could betray Ellie and me so easily really shocked me.

I turned around in Shane’s arms and looked at the clock; it read 10:45am. I never slept in that late, never. I was always up and about before 7am; Acelyn and Ellie thought I was crazy. Acelyn was a morning person like me but still loved her beauty sleep and Ellie on the other hand hated to get up before noon.

A phone rang somewhere in my room making Shane stir in his sleep. It wasn’t my cell phone nor the house phone so I assumed it was Shane’s. I twisted around until I was able to look on the floor near the bed and found Shane’s cell underneath my shirt. I picked it up and poked Shane on the nose with my finger making him grunt.

“Shane,” I said poking him again. “Your phone is ringing.”

His eyes flashed opened and he grabbed the phone from me quickly and sat up. He flipped open his phone and said “Hello?”

“Shawn? What do you want?” I heard him ask. I couldn’t hear what Shawn was saying but by the look on Shane’s face it couldn’t be good. “Are you sure? That’s a lot to give up man especially for me and a girl you don’t even know.”

I was confused. What the hell could they possibly be talking about. What was Shawn going to do? And whose this girl? I sighed and crawled out of bed, the cold air whipping across my body. Shane looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and walked into my bathroom; looking at myself in the mirror I could barely recognize myself anymore. I was thinner than I used to be, my eyes more sunken in. I shook my head and climbed into the shower.

I stood there underneath hot water as it sprayed down onto my face. Tears run down my face as I thought about how everything had become so complicated in my life. I felt arms wrap around my torso and soft kisses placed on my shoulder. I turned around in Shane’s arms and kissed him deeply on the mouth. His tongue tickled my top lip and I parted my lips so he could gain entrance. As our tongues danced around each other his hands slid up and down my back droplets of warm water cascaded down in rivers his fingers electrifying my nerve endings.

I simply craved his touch I pressed myself closer to him and he rocked his hips into mine causing me to groan with absolute want. He lightly pinned my back to the cool tile on the wall, the two sensations blending into one. His lips slipped from mine and to the crook of my neck and down my collarbone, my hands entwined in his hair. He smiled once his mouth landed in the concave area between my breasts and he lifted his head, “Trinity you are beautiful.”

I laughed and he said, “This situation shouldn’t have been the thing to bring us closer I am sorry.” He brushed my wet hair out of my eyes and kissed my eyelids. I instinctively brought my legs up around his waist and he slipped inside of me. This was the second time doing this and the feelings were so intense with him, my passion was ignited as soon as he touched me. He was all I wanted and I was sure he knew it as he pulled almost all the way out, and slamming all the way back in with wild abandon. His lips caught my own in the middle of yelling out his name, his teeth caressing my bottom lip. I moaned through a kiss, my fingernails digging into his shoulder blades. My breathing picked up and I could feel my chest heaving against his.

“I’m so close,” I breathed and he pushed in harder and much faster setting this pace that drove me to the brink, the end of my world. With one last thrust into me my walls came crashing down and time flashed before me in a million stars. I felt my hands grab at the muscles on his arms desperate to hang on as he pushed us farther into our orgasms.

Our breathing slowly settled down to normal and Shane lightly placed his lips to my forhead. The heat from our bodies mixing in with the dying hot water soothed me into a state of bliss. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him tighter as I placed my head on his shoulder.

"I love you Trinity." he whispered in my ear. I smiled and lightly kissed beneath his ear and whispering back how much i loved him as well.

We stayed there a couple of more minutes basking in each others embrace until the water had run completely cold. We hurridly washed ourselfs and wrapped towels around ourselfs as we bounded back into my room. I could hear a door slamming down stairs and foot steps climbing the stairs.

I quickly shut my door and locked it. Shane was sitting on my bed a towel wrapped around his lower half; his hair dripping wet. I laughed and walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of my brother's old clothes I had stolen from him and tossed them to Shane on the bed.

"Whose are these?" he asked looking up at me.

"Nate's." was all I said before I dropped my towel to the floor and pulled some underwear and a bra on. I pulled out a white and baby blue sundress from my closet and pulled it over my head.

"You are so gorgeous," I heard Shane say from behind me. I turned around and laughed. "No seriously, I am amazed that you put up with my shit."

I walked over to him and stood between his legs; wrapping my arms around his neck. "Same here," I said laughing.

"Hah hah hah," he said before he began tickling me. I was laughing so loud and stuggling that when someone banged on my door it scared me half to death.

"Can you guys keep it down? I'm having a little crisis at the moment and I don't need your happy happy lovey dovey laughing shit bothering me." I frowned.

"What's wrong Ellie?" I asked.

She didn't answer me right away but when she did, it didn't really help me to worry about her less. "Nothing for you to worry about Trin. I just have some stuff to take care of. I love you." I could hear the tears that fell down her face in her voice. The way she tried to hide it made me even more worried. "Bye."

My eyes widened and I rushed to the door. I could see Ellie's head as she walked down the stairs. "Where the fuck are you going Ell?!" I screamed at her. "Why did that sound like your saying goodbye?! What's going on?"

She stopped and looked at me and even with tears running down her face I could still see the determination in her eyes. "I am doing what I promised you and Acelyn." I looked at her confused. I had no idea what she was talking about.

"ELLIE!" I yelled out as she began walking out the door. She didn't say anything more and the door slammed shut behind her. I watched the door waiting for her to walk back in the door and say she was just joking with me, but she didn't.

"Come on Trin," said Shane as he grabbed my hand. "I need to get some stuff from my place and then I'm going to take you some place nice. Get your mind off of everything." I nodded and followed him down the stairs.

Shane grabbed my keys from the entrance hall table as we walked by and unlocked the car doors. Once we were inside and our seat belts were buckled he started the ignition and pulled out of the drive.

The whole way to Alesana's house we didn't say a word and when we finally arrived Shane told me to stay in the car with the doors locked and the windows rolled up. He said that no matter what happens that I will not move from my seat until he returned. I nodded as he kissed me gently on the lips and left the car.

I sat there a few minutes before I saw Jake walk out of the house and stop dead in his tracks. His eyes narrowed and he ran back into the house. A few seconds later Shane came running out of the house with a large duffle bag over his shoulder and yelling at me to start the car.

When he reached the car I saw that Jeremy had walked out of the house with a gun in his hand pointed at us. Shane pushed the duffle bag into the car and jumped in himself right as a bullet grazed the side of my car.

Screaming my head off as Shane took down the road at highspeed; I looked through the review mirror to see Jeremy shooting off a couple more rounds at us before we disappeared around the corner.

We hit the highway at about 70miles an hour. I didn't know where we were going and I felt like such a coward for leaving Acelyn and Ellie behind, but I knew that no matter what I said Shane was not turning around. I watched as the trees flew passed us and Shane grabbed my hand; squeezing it tightly.

"It's going to be okay Trin," was all he said. I nodded in response, but I knew that not everything was going to be okay. I left my best friends in a town with murderers, they were most likely going to die and I could do nothing to stop it.

I silently cried as I watched the 'You are now leaving Raleigh, North Carolina' sign. At the bottom it said that they hoped to see us again, but I knew that Shane and me were never returning as long as the rest of the boys of Alesana lived... especially Jeremy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how many words this is...
Shower Scene contributed by Jennakins aka Cory La Quay!
story is coming to an end. but dont worry we still have a few to go ;]