Won't You Fly With Me?

Won't You Fly With Me? A Nick Jonas One-Shot

“Daddy!” I heard my daughter cry from down the hall. I sat up and looked over at my sleeping wife. I kissed her cheek quickly; she smiled in her sleep, before I got up to walk out of our bedroom. I put a shirt on and made my way towards my four year-old’s bedroom. I walked into the room to see my little girl with tears coming out of her beautiful blue eyes; the eyes she inherited from her mother. I made my way towards her bed and sat next to her. “Wendy Bird, what’s wrong?” I asked her as she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck. She didn’t answer, except for a few sobs; another nightmare. I kissed her head and pushed her brown curls out of her eyes. “Shh, baby girl; it’s okay. I’m here; nothing’s gonna hurt you.” I cooed as her crying slowly seized.

When she stopped crying, I tucked her back into bed and sat with her. “Now, how about I tell you your favorite story?” I asked. She smiled instantly and nodded her head vigorously. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her tiny shoulders. “Well, it all started about 13 years ago…”

13 Years Earlier

I was walking along the beach; just thinking. I had just broken up with my girlfriend, Emma. I had caught her cheating on me with one of my friends. Oh I should probably introduce myself; I’m Nick Jonas. Yes, that Nick Jonas and I’m 17 years old. So anyway, I was walking along the beach when I saw the figure of a girl by the shoreline. She had her knees pulled up to her chest and she was just staring out into the ocean. From what I could see, she was very beautiful; her blonde-highlighted brown hair was blowing in the wind. But from where I was, she looked like she was crying. I decided to walk up to her and see what’s wrong; even if it was a sorta bad idea. I hated seeing people, especially beautiful girls, crying like this. I slowly walked up to her and say beside her. I don’t know if she noticed me sitting there or not but after a minute or two I spoke.

“Why are you crying?” I softly asked. She jumped a bit at the sound of my voice. She wiped the tears on her face, but they kept coming down. She turned to face me and gasped. I looked into her eyes and they were a deep blue; they were beautiful. “Hi, I’m Nick Jonas. But I guess you already knew that.” I said, giving a small smile. She smiled weakly in return and held out her hand. “I’m Alexis Stevens. But you can call me Lexi.” She replied as I kissed her hand; Joe taught me that one. After she pulled her hand away slowly she turned back to face the water. “So why on earth is such a beautiful girl like you sitting here by herself and crying?” I asked. She stifled a laugh at my cheesiness. “My boyfriend was killed in a car accident three months ago. But I found a letter that he had meant to give me saying that he wanted to break up with me. It was dated the day of the accident.” She replied. I felt so horrible. “Well, if he’s the type of guy to break up with you in a letter, than maybe there’s another out there.” I replied. After that, the conversation just got flowing and I knew that this would be the start of an amazing friendship.

4 Months Later

It’s been four months since I met Lexi and we’ve become good friends. I found out that she loves to play volleyball and that she loves the movie/book, Peter Pan, just like me. Also I learned she is very outgoing, random, hyper (yet calm), loving, sweet, and caring. Over these past four months of us hanging out, I have come to realize something else. I am slowly falling in love with her. But here’s the thing, my brothers and I are leaving for tour in a week and I don’t want to leave her. But I know she can’t come with us because of school. So I had to tell her we were leaving. I called her. “Hello?” she asked. “Hey Lexi. Uhm can you meet me at the beach in a few minutes? I need to talk to you.” I said. “Sure Nick. See you in a few.” She said before hanging up the phone. Five minutes later, I found her at our spot on the beach, drawing shapes in the sand. “Hey Lexi.” I said as I sat next to her. “Hey Nick” she replied. She turned to face me. “So what did you need to tell me?” she asked. I sighed. “We’re leaving for tour in a week Lex.” I said, a hint of sadness in my voice. Her smile dropped and she looked at the floor. “How long?” she asked. “Four months. But since school ends in a month, I was wondering if you would like to join me, Joe, Kevin, Ashley, and Danielle for the last three.” I replied. Her face lit up. “Really?” she asked. I nodded. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me. I absolutely loved moments like this and I knew that one month without her wouldn’t be too bad.

One Month into Tour

It’s been a month since I’ve seen Lexi. We’ve spoken on the phone and have been texting nonstop, but it wasn’t the same as seeing her in person. Tonight, I’m taking her out so I could sing her a song I just wrote, because it made me think of her. I can only hope she likes it. “Nick, we’re going to get Lexi; are you coming?” Kevin called. I jumped up and ran for the car. We were staying at a hotel in Myrtle Beach by the water; our concert is two days from now. Two days of pure relaxation at the beach. We finally got to the airport after what seemed like forever (it was only 15 minutes). I jumped out of the car and to the gate where Lexi would be. I searched the crowds being that her plane just landed when I felt two hands over my eyes. I smiled instantly, knowing who they belonged too. “Guess who?” her angelic voice said. “Hmm…Wendy Darling?” I said. She laughed and took her hands away from my eyes. I turned to face her and she jumped in my arms for a hug. Holding her in my arms again felt so good. As we were on our way to the car I pulled her aside from everyone else. “Meet me at the beach at six. I need to show you something.” I said. She nodded and we drove back to the hotel.

About two hours later I was waiting at the beach for her, my acoustic guitar and the song, which I titled Fly With Me in hand. I heard Lexi clear her throat ‘cause I was facing the ocean. I turned to face her and saw she was wearing a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a sweater. It may have been what she always wore, but she looked beautiful nonetheless. I smiled at her. “You look beautiful.” I said. She blushed and sat next to me. “So what’d you need to show me?” she asked. I smiled again. “Well, it’s actually a song. I want to know what you think.” I replied as I got my guitar ready. She nodded and I began to play.

If time was still
The sun would never never find us
We could light up
The sky tonight
If I would see the world through your eyes
Leave it all behind


I looked her in the eyes. I swear I could see the entire world through her eyes.

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

Gotta fly with me now


I looked at her again and she looked like she was thinking really hard. She looked cute when she was trying to figure it out. But I thought it would be obvious with the Peter Pan and Wendy line.

Now the past
Can come alive
And give it meaning
And a reason
To give all I can
To believe once again


Lexi had given me a reason to believe again. She was the reason behind my smile and now she was the reason for me to wake up every morning.

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me


I was hoping she’d catch on to what I was trying to say, but I don’t think she has yet. I want her to be the Wendy to my Peter Pan. I always wanted to name my daughter Wendy; if I ever had a daughter that is.

Maybe you were just afraid
Knowing you were miles away
From the place where you needed to be
And that's right here with me


I knew that it’d be tough for us to have a relationship because of our career. But my brothers made it work with Ashley and Danielle. Besides, even if she was miles away; there is only one place she needs to be. And that is right here with me.

It's you and me forever
You and me right now
I'd be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly, fly, fly
With me


I finished the song and she smiled. “Nick, that was amazing!” she said. I smiled. “Thanks.” I replied. “Who was it about?” she asked. I got kinda nervous. I took her hands in mine. “You, Lexi. I wrote the song about you.” I replied. She looked kinda shocked. “Lex, since the day I met you I felt something for you. Your smile drives my heart crazy; your eyes bring me into a whole other world. Lexi, you’re the reason I wake up each morning, you give me a reason to have a smile on my face. What I’m trying to say is I love you Lexi. Please be Wendy and Fly with Me?” I asked. She smiled at me and leaned in, planting a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled into it and pulled away, moving a piece of her hair out of her face. She smiled. “I love you Lexi.” I said again. She leaned her forehead against mine. “I love you too Nick.” She replied and I kissed her again…

Present Time

“And after that day, me and Lexi were together forever. We were married 8 years later. Then a year after that we were blessed with the birth of our little baby girl, who we named Wendy Marie; and we lived happily ever after.” I finished. I looked down at Wendy to see her asleep. I slowly got up and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight my Wendy Bird.” I said. I turned towards the door to see my beautiful wife in the doorway. “Hey there Beautiful.” I said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped my arms around her waist, despite her growing stomach. “Hey. Why didn’t you let me get her?” she asked. I chuckled. “You were sleeping and she called for me. Besides, you need your rest. Only a month to go before our son is born.” I said, excitedly. She laughed and kissed me. “Have I ever told you how much I love you?” she asked. “Hmm, maybe once or twice.” I replied, smirking. She kissed me again. “In that case, I love you Nick.” She said softly. I kissed her forehead. “I love you too, Lexi.” I replied before leading her back to bed. A month later, our son Peter Anthony was born. Life is perfect.