Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 11: I love you, and I forgive you

*Josh’s POV*
She looked down at our hands and I felt a tear drop onto my skin. My heart pounded in my chest as I waited for her response. It was a silent few minutes before she looked up, her big, brown eyes looking into mine. “Josh…” her soft voice whispered. I looked down and sighed. “I understand Steph, I should have done something sooner…” I began to say and just kept rambling on and on, so much that I didn’t hear her laugh. “JOSH!” she shouted to get my attention. I looked up to see her smiling. “You know, you talk to much.” She said releasing my hands and taking my face in her soft hands and pulling it close to her face, so close our lips softly touched. Her lips felt so soft against my own and they fit perfectly as I kissed her back, bringing my hand to her neck, stroking her skin. She smiled against my lips before we slowly pulled away. “So what does this mean?” I asked her softly. She laughed. “It means that I love you and I forgive you.” She replied softly. I smiled wide and pulled her in for another kiss.

We pulled away laughing and I smiled at her, placing a piece of stray hair behind her ear. “I guess now would be a good time to ask, I don’t want anything else getting in my way, So Stephanie, will you please, please, please be my girlfriend?” I asked her. She immediately put on that beautiful smile that I loved so much and began nodding her head. “I thought you would never ask; I would love too Josh.” She replied. I smiled and kissed her again. This time she pulled away first. “I think now would be a good time to get the doctors, that way they know I’m alive and don’t take me to the morgue.” She joked. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. “Okay. I’ll be right back. I love you.” I whispered to her. She smiled back. “I love you too, now go.” She said sweetly. I smiled goofily as I made my way out of the room, only to be tackled in hugs by the girls.

“Josh, we are so sorry. If you need anything, we will be here for you. Just say the word and we’ll be there.” Bells said, tears streaming down her face. “Yeah, we’ll help you in any way we can.” Addy added her voice shaky. However, all I could do is smile, receiving weird looks from my friends. “Why are you SMILING! OUR BEST FRIEND IS DEAD AND YOU’RE SMILING?!?!?! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?!?!” Cassie shouted at me, punching my chest. I chuchkled and everyone looked at me like I had cracked. “Dude, the girl you love is dead and you’re laughing?” Logan asked, holding a shaking Ally. “Guys, she’s alive.” I said, the smile never leaving my face. They all gasped. “You’re lying. She can’t be.” The girls said. I shook my head. “Go check for yourselves.” I replied, pointing towards the door before I went to get the doctor. I heard them run in the room, followed by gasps. “Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I heard Cassie shout and I laughed as I told the doctor that my beautiful angel was alive.

*Addy’s POV*
We did as Josh had told us and decided to check out if Steph was actually alive ourselves. The eight of us ran into the hospital room, trying to see if Josh was really telling the truth. Well, by the huge gasps everyone gave, Josh was right. “Hey everyone.” Steph said with a smile as she looked at us. “Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Cassie shouted, running towards Steph’s bed breaking the short silence. Steph chuckled as Cassie threw her arms around her. “Cass, don’t kill her, or Josh will kill you!” Mel warned, as we all laughed. I went up to Steph next. “Thank God you’re alright; Josh was a mess when we all thought you were dead.” I said as I hugged her. She smiled. “Yeah, well it’s safe to say that I’m now his girlfriend.” She said with a slight blush on her cheeks. I smiled and hugged her again. “Good for you girl!” I said sweetly. “Now all we have to do is get you and Logan together.” She whispered in my ear while everyone else talked among themselves. I looked at her and gave her the 'what do you mean?' look. “Oh come on; don’t play stupid. I know you like him. And he likes you too.” She said, but me I blushed. Just after she said that, Josh returned into the room with the doctor and we were all ushered out of the room as Steph was going to be examined. But was she said true? Do I like Logan?