Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 14: A Beautiful Day Ending in Disaster

*Addy’s POV*
I took a quick shower before I got dressed in a pair of short denim shorts and a purple halter top with white flip flops. When I finished dressing myself, I decided to leave my hair wet and scrunched it with some mousse and gel. I did my make up with neutral colors to look all natural. When I was finished I went downstairs where I saw Mel sitting in the living room with the rest of the girls. “Oooohhh, where are you going all prettied up?” Bella asked. I smiled. “Logan’s taking me out to lunch before we go to the beach for his volleyball practice. The girls all smiled and giggled. “Oohh! Addy likes Logan.” They teased, causing me to blush. “Shush!” I replied, a bit embarrassed. “Don’t worry about it Addy, just go and be yourself. We all know he’ll love you no matter what.” Steph said reassuringly. I blushed. “You really think he likes me?” I asked. “Girl, he is crazy about you! He hasn’t even so much as looked at another girl since, well you know.” Cassie answered, repeating what Melissa had told me earlier. I nodded, just as Logan came into the room dressed in beige cargo pants and a blue & white stripped polo. “Hey, ready to go?” he asked. I nodded, picking up my small purple clutch with my phone, iPod, and money in it. He smiled. “Cool, then let’s go!” he said, taking my hand gently and leading me out to the car.

About an hour later…
Logan drove us to this beautiful cafe on the water. The view was beautiful and the ocean breeze felt good against my warm skin. Throughout lunch, Logan and I kept up the conversation and had a great time. He was sweet, pulled out my chair for me and everything. Now, we’re walking along the beach, to where he would be meeting Josh for practice. “So what’s New York like?” he asked as we walked, our feet in the water. I smiled. “Loud, busy. More lights. But it’s not as nice as here. You can barely see the stars because of all the city lights.” I replied. He smiled and nodded. Soon enough, we had gotten to the court where he’d be practicing. There were two girls standing by the court that I didn’t recognize; one had dark hair and brown eyes, the other had reddish-brown hair and green eyes. Both girls we wearing the same bikini in different colors. Once Logan and I showed up, they walked over to us. “Hey Logan.” The girl with the darker hair said to Logan. I could sense in the way she spoke to him that she liked him. “Hi Jen.” He said, sounding a bit bothered. “Who’s this?” the girl, Jen, asked staring at me. “This is Addy, my brother’s fiancée’s cousin.” He replied, smiling down at me. I smiled at him and looked down at our intertwined hands. “Oh how nice.” She said, and I could hear the sarcasm dripping off her tongue. I smiled. “It’s nice to meet you.” I said to her. She gave me a fake smile and an awkward tension filled the air. Just then we heard a voice call out to us. “Logan! Let’s go!” Josh said, jogging out onto the court. Logan looked down at me.

“Can you go get me a water bottle from the coolers please? I’ll be on the court, when practice is over we’ll go home.” Logan asked me, still holding my hand. I smiled and nodded. “Sure.” I replied. He smiled and kissed my cheek before letting go of my hand and jogging towards the court, taking his shirt off. I smiled and walked towards the coolers to get him his water, not noticing that Jen was following me. “So he took you to the Seaside Café?” she asked. I turned to face her. “Yes, why?” I questioned as I grabbed a water bottle. She shrugged. “Just wondering. I mean, he took me there too and who knows how many others.” She replied. I turned to face her again. “What are you talking about?” I asked her. “Well, didn’t you know? It’s Logan’s trademark. He takes her to the café, she watches him practice, and then when he gets what he wants from her he moves on to the next one.” She replied. I looked back at Logan, who was smiling as he practiced with Josh. I felt my heart break a little. “Thought it was something special? I did too.” She added before turning and walking back to her friend. I looked down and put the water back into the cooler before walking to the boardwalk. I felt the tears fall down my face as I took out my phone, dialing someone who I know would come get me.

“Hello?” her voice asked. “Steph, can one of you come pick me up?” I asked, my voice shaking. “Addy, what’s wrong? Is everything okay? Where’s Logan?” she replied with questions. “I’ll tell you when I see you, but can one of you come pick me up, please?” I questioned, my heart breaking with each word as the tears fell down my face. “I’ll be there in two minutes.” She replied as I heard a car start up before she hung up the phone. I sat on the curb and waited as I silently cried to myself. I wasn’t sitting too long when I saw my cousin’s car pull up with Steph driving. She got out and ran over to me. “What happened?” she asked, concern showing in her voice. I shook my head as I cried onto her shoulder. “Okay, come on. You can tell me at the house.” She said, leading me over to the car and helping me in before we drove away. Once we got home, I ran up to my room and closed the door before I curled into a ball on my bed and cried. I knew this was too good to be true.

*Steph’s POV*
“Did she say what happened?” Cassie asked me. I shook my head. “She didn’t say a word the whole ride back. I couldn’t get a word out of her. But it must have something to do with Logan.” I replied. Melissa looked worried. “I’m going to go up and talk to her.” She said before going upstairs. “I think we should all go.” Bells replied. I nodded. “Let’s go.” I said as we all stood and walked upstairs. “Addy.” Mel softly called as she knocked on her door. “Can we come in?” she asked. We heard movement and two seconds later the door opened to reveal Addy, her eyes red and puffy. We all walked in and sat with her on her bed, with her sitting between me and Mel. “Addy, please tell us what happened.” Cassie begged. “He was only using me; just another girl.” She cried. “What do you mean Addy? Who told you this?” Mel asked. She shook her head. “I don’t want to talk about it. I should’ve known this was too good to be true.” She said before laying her head in Mel’s lap as she stroked her hair. Mel looked at all of us and we all heard the door open downstairs. “Addy?” we heard Logan’s voice call. We all sat stiff as we heard him walk up the stairs. “Addy?” he called as we heard his footsteps come close to the door. He knocked and the door slowly opened. “Addy! There you are! Why did you leave?” he asked, confused. She sat up and wiped her eyes.

“Get out.” She said sternly. “Addy is everything okay?” he asked, confused. “I don’t want to see you. Get out!” she said. “Addy, please. Did I do something wrong?” he asked. I watched as he looked like he was getting his heart stepped all over. “You’re a liar Logan, and I never want to see you again.” She replied, pushing him out of the room and slamming the door in his face. She then turned back to us and sat on the bed again, sobbing into Melissa’s arms. “We’re going to go talk to Logan. We’ll be right back.” Bells and Cassie said as they left the room. “I’m going to go with them.” I added, following them out of the room while Mel talked with Addy.

*Logan’s POV*
I walked down to the living room, my heart breaking with each step I took. I didn’t understand, what did I do wrong? I asked myself this repeatedly as I went over this afternoon’s events. I had my head in my hands as I sat on the couch and felt my heart break with each passing second. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked up to see Cassie, Bells, and Steph coming towards me. “Logan, what happened?” they all asked. I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know, everything was going to good up until we got to my volleyball practice. We had just gotten to the court and we saw Jen and her friend Missy, I think her name is. Jen approached us and said hi to me, I introduced them before going to practice…and Jen was standing next too…Oh my god.” I said as I realized that Jen must’ve had something to do with it. “Well that explains why Addy’s upset. But the thing is what did Jen tell her?” Cassie said as we all sat. “I don’t know, but whatever it was made her hate me.” I reply as I felt a pain in my heart. “Well I can tell you one thing LJ; you need to find a way to prove Addy wrong.” Melissa said. We all turned towards her.

“Is Addy okay?” I asked. Mel nodded in reply. “She’s sleeping but I found out what happened.” She replied. “Well, what did she say?” I asked, along with Steph, Bella, and Cassie. Mel sighed. “Jen told her that you’ve had many girls and that you took them all on the same exact date and only used them until you got what you wanted before going on to the next one.” She answered. My jaw dropped. “Why am I not surprised? That brat had always been jealous of Rachel. Why didn’t I think of that sooner?” I wondered aloud. The girls shrugged. “I need to tell Addy the truth…But how?” I asked myself, out loud again. “I’d think of something fast LJ; she’s hurt real bad.” Mel said. “I know…But what can I do?” I asked and we all began to think. Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head. “I got it!” I exclaimed before telling the girls my plan…