Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 16: Why Should I Believe You?

*Logan’s POV*
I watched as she waited for my reply. “Addy, please just hear me out. Can you please come down here so I can talk to you?” I asked, more like begged, her. She looked like she was getting irritated but her face softened a little bit before she turned and walked back into her room, shutting the balcony door. I sighed and sat on the chair that was behind me. I put my head in my hands as my fingers ran through my hair. Suddenly, I heard a door open and a bright light flooded the patio. I lifted my head as I head soft footsteps make their way toward me and I saw Addy standing there, looking more beautiful then ever. She looked at me, her arms folded across her chest with a huff. “Start talking.” She said bitterly as I stood up. I sighed. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

*Addy’s POV*
I looked at him, my arms crossed and waited for him to start. I know that I was being harsh on him, but how could I not be? I thought he was different from Eric. He looked up at me. “Addy…” he began but I stopped him. “Addison.” I corrected him. I took a look at his eyes and saw the hurt in them. I felt terrible but I was hurt; how else should I act. He sighed softly and continued. “Whatever you heard, whatever Jennifer told you; you cannot believe her. She is not the most trustworthy person around here.” He said to me. I raised an eyebrow. He sighed. “Listen, I don’t know what happened back in New York but I know that it hurt you enough to make you think I’d hurt you. But Addy, you just have to believe me. Jenn, she’s jealous; she always has been. The only other girl I have ever felt the way I feel about you for was Rachel. Jenn was never in the picture. Addy, please you have to believe me.” He begged. I looked at him and I knew I believed him, but I just couldn’t bring myself to admit it. “Addy, please! Jennifer lied to you!” he said, I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Then how did she know we went to the Seaside Café? How did she know that? How did she know we’d be coming for your volleyball practice?” I argued. “She said you’ve taken her there, and who knows how many others!” I added to my argument. “Addy, I just said she was never in the picture! Even if there were other girls, they were all before I met you! But that doesn’t even matter because the only girl there was before you was Rachel! Addy, why can’t you just believe me?” he said to me, his voice rising. I stayed silent, knowing there really was no reason for me not to believe him. “Addy, please.” He said. I lifted my head so that my eyes met his. “You know what Logan, just forget it. I’m not about to be just some summer fling for you to –” I was cut off by a pair of soft lips against mine. When I realized what was happening, my eyes slowly shut as I began to kiss back. Logan held me close as my arms wrapped themselves around his neck. The kiss was slow and passionate, and it lit a fire in me that I had never felt before. It felt so right to be with Logan at this very second and suddenly, no one else mattered; nothing else mattered. All that mattered was me and Logan.

A minute later, we pulled away from the kiss and Logan looked into my ocean blue eyes with his deep chocolate brown orbs. He pushed a stray strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. “I’m sorry I didn’t believe you.” I whispered to him softly. He smiled and kissed my lips once again before pulling away. “It’s alright.” He replied before pulling me into a hug. I took in his scent as he stroked my hair. I felt the tears prick my eyes as Logan softly began to sing the song he had sang my first night in South Carolina. “When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes.” He sang. When he finished he lifted my chin up so that I could look into his eyes again. He smiled and kissed me once more before we walked back into the house together, his arm around my waist as I leaned into his body. We walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I turned to face him and he kissed me softly on the lips before kissing my forehead. “Goodnight my sweet AddyRose.” He whispered, before he began to turn away. But, before he could walk away, I grabbed his hand. I saw him smile as he turned to face me. “Stay with me tonight?” I asked him. His smile widened and he nodded as he came back towards me and followed me into my room. We got into bed and he wrapped his arm around my waist while I lay my head on his chest. I let my hair down and he ran his fingers through my hair as he softly sang me to sleep…

*Logan’s POV*
I woke the next morning and looked down to see Addy in my arms. I smiled in relief that it all hadn’t been just a dream. I glanced down at my sleeping angel once more, gazed over her perfection. Her golden-brown waves cascaded down her shoulders as she slept. I smiled to myself, content and happy that I finally had her in my arms. I want to do something special for her, but what? I felt movement in my arms and looked down, just as she opened those beautiful ocean blue eyes. “Good morning beautiful.” I whispered…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so sorry for the extremely long wait! I've had these past few chapters written for weeks and just haven't had the chance to post them. I hope you like it! Please comment or message and let me know what you think (:

~Ashley