Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 3: You Like Her Don't You?

*Addy’s POV*

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. It was painted a pale blue with brown curtains on the window. I looked to my right and saw a clock on the bedside table. It read 12:00. I stretched and pulled my dirty blonde hair into a bun on top of my head. I get out of the bed and see that my bags are sitting by the door. I take my cell phone out of my pocket and check for any messages. I sigh when I see the words on the screen; 1 new voicemail: Eric. I roll my eyes and put my phone on the charge by the bed. I walked over to the window that was on the opposite side of the room and opened the curtain. I saw that there was a balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. I smiled and opened the doors leading out to it. I stepped out onto the balcony and was immediately welcomed by the warm sun and ocean breeze. It felt good against my skin and reminded me of the summers at Rockaway Beach in New York with my family. I miss those days. I sighed and walked back into the room. I decided I should go and find Mel, let her and Zach know that I’m awake. I open my bedroom door and walk out, only to bump into something or someone rather…

*Logan’s POV*

I had just gotten out of the shower and was going to check on Addy again. I don’t know why, but for some reason I felt this pull towards her, this need to protect her. She was just so beautiful. Just as I got to her door, it opened and she walked out, bumping into me. I caught her gently by the arms, steadying her so she wouldn’t fall backwards. I pulled her so she was standing straight and smiled at her. Her small hands were on my bare chest (he’s only shirtless; he has pants on!!!). “Hi, I’m Logan, Zach’s brother.” I said as she stepped back a bit, a tint of blush creeping onto her face. “I-I’m Addison, but you can call me Addy; I’m Mel’s cousin.” She replied, her voice making my heart skip a beat. I smiled at her. “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you Addy.” I said to her.

*Addy’s POV*

I looked up into the eyes of the body I had bumped into and was greeted by a very handsome young man, maybe a year older than myself. I had stumbled backwards from bumping into him, but he caught me. His hands were gentle against my skin, as if he was afraid I’d break in two. My hands landed on his bare, toned chest and that’s when I felt the blood rush to my face. I stepped back a bit as he introduced himself. “Hi, I’m Logan, Zach’s brother.” He said ,smiling. “I-I’m Addison, but you can call me Addy; I’m Mel’s cousin.” I replied. He smiled at me again. “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you Addy.” He said. “It’s a pleasure to meet you two. I’m sorry to be rude, but would you happen to know where Mel is?” I asked. He nodded. “She and Zach are downstairs getting ready for the bonfire tonight.” He replied, leading me downstairs. “Bonfire?” I asked. He nodded. “Mel wanted to have a get together with our friends for your arrival; it’ll be fun.” He replied. I nodded and followed him into the kitchen.

“Hey you’re up!” Mel says as I walk into the kitchen beside Logan. “Did you sleep okay?” she asks. I nod and smile. “The house is beautiful Mel.” I say to her. She smiles. “Thanks. So are you feeling up to a bonfire tonight?” she asks. “Sure, who’s coming?” I ask. “Well, Greg, Zach and Logan’s younger brother is picking up his girlfriend, Cassidy. Then there’s Ryan, Josh, Stephanie, and Isabel.” She replied. “That’s a lot of people.” I say as I sit at the breakfast bar. She laughs. “It’s the usual group. You’ll love them. Now, why don’t you go get ready? Everyone will be here soon.” She suggested. I nodded and got up to go back upstairs, leaving Logan and Melissa in the kitchen.

*Mel’s POV*

I watched as Logan’s eyes followed my cousin out of the room and smiled to myself. “You like her don’t you?” I asked him. He turned to me with wide eyes and I just smiled……