Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 4: Meeting the Gang

*Addy’s POV*

I took a quick shower and when I stepped out, I decided to blow dry my hair. I quickly blew it out and went to pick out my clothes. I threw on a pair of denim shorts that were short, but not too short and a wide strapped tank top. I decided against putting on a lot of make up and just kept it simple; light pink eye shadow with a little bit of black eyeliner. Before leaving the room, I took a quick look in the mirror in the closet. I was satisfied with how I looked and slipped on a pair of my white flip-flops and headed downstairs. When I reached the kitchen, I heard an unfamiliar voice speaking with my cousin. I walked through the door and saw a girl who had her back to me talking with Mel. Then Mel looked up and smiled. “Hey Addy!” she said. I smiled and waved as I walked to the island, where Mel and the girl were preparing the food. “Addy, this is Cassidy; she’s Zach’s younger brother, Greg’s girlfriend.” Mel said, introducing us. “Cass, this is my cousin Addison.” She added. Cassidy smiled. This girl was truly beautiful; she had a killer smile, long brown hair and beautiful eyes. I smiled at her and she came over to me and embraced me in a hug. “It’s nice to meet you Addy, I hope we can be great friends.” She said to me as we pulled out of the hug. I smiled again. “It’s nice to meet you too Cassidy.” I replied. “Call me Cassie.” She responded with a smile.

“Do you need some more help Mel?” I then ask. “Yeah, can you start the salad please?” she asked. I smiled and nodded, and got the stuff I needed from the fridge and started making the salad. “So Addy, tell me about yourself.” Cassie said. I looked up from what I was doing and smiled. “Well, I’m 19 years old, I love the beach, singing and songwriting. I am an only child and I just came from New York City.” I replied, smiling. Cassie smiled and nodded. Then we began talking wedding business when a boy with brown curls walked up behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist, kissing her neck quickly causing her to blush. She giggled and turned in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck and softly kissed his lips before going back to what she was doing. “Oh, Greg, this is my cousin Addy; Addy, this is Greg, Zach’s other brother.” Mel said. Greg stretched his hand out to me and I shook it. “It’s nice to meet you Addy, Mel has told me a lot about you.” He said. I smiled. “It’s a pleasure.” I reply, just as we hear the door open and close.

“I’m here, now we can get this party started!” a girl with long, dark hair exclaimed as she walked into the kitchen, hand in hand with a young man, maybe a year or so older than her with shaggy blonde hair and clear blue eyes. “Bells, no need to make an entrance, you’re not that important.” Greg said jokingly. The girl, Bells, stuck her tongue out at him before turning to me. “OH! You must be Addy! I’m Isabel, or you could call me Bella or Bells.” She said as she came over and hugged me. Mel laughed. “Bells, don’t crush my cousin please. Addy, you’ve met Bells, but that young man over there, is Ryan.” She said, pointing out Ryan who smiled and walked over and shook my hand. “It’s nice to meet you.” He said with a thick Texan drawl. I smiled. “It’s nice to meet you and you too Isabel.” I added as she was now talking with Cassie. She looked over and smiled. “Addy, call me Bells or Bella, we’re friends now!” she said with a laugh. I smiled and the boys went outside as the girls continued talking. Then one of the boys came in from outside. “Oh hey Logan.” One of the girls said and I immediately looked up to see the handsome young man I had met earlier. He was hugging each of the girls before his eyes met mine, causing me to look back to what I was doing. “Hey; Mel, I’m going to the store to get some more stuff, do you need anything?” he asked. She shook her head and then I felt her eyes on me. “Why don’t you take Addy with you? Show her the town.” she suggested, making my head shoot up. Logan smiled.

“Sure. Addy, would you like to come?” he asks me, his beautiful brown eyes looking into my blue ones. No, Addy stop it! You do not want to fall for him! I reminded myself. “Okay, sure.” I replied. He smiled wider and took my hand. “We’ll be back soon.” Logan told Mel as he led me out of the house and towards a black jeep, which I am guessing was his. He opened my car door for me and helped me inside, closing it when I was fully in. “Thank you.” I whispered before it was fully closed. He smiled at me. “Not a problem.” He replied before closing the door fully and walking around to the driver’s side. Once he was in the car, he started it up and backed us carefully out of the driveway. He quickly turned the radio on and started down the block towards town….

*Logan’s POV*

She was quiet as I drove to town. I decided to break the silence and turned the radio down a bit. I glanced over at her quickly and quietly cleared my throat. “So, Addy; tell me about yourself.” I said. She jumped at the sound of my voice and turned to face me. I chuckled. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I added. She gave a small smile. “It’s okay. Uhm, what do you wanna know?” she asked. I smiled and so began our conversation…