Status: Active!!! :D

Broken Hearted

Chapter Nine

The pictures were all over the place. On TMZ, Perez Hilton, Teen People, People, Star, any magazine or website you could think of, we were there. Even the Daily Mail had us as a main story, and I really didn’t think the U.K. cared that much about American Olympic athletes.

I couldn’t go anywhere without being bombarded by the paparazzi asking me about Shaun and Oliver, and then Ashley.

Now most websites are bringing up previous interviews where I talked about Shaun or he talked about me and using it in a weird foreshadowing kinda thing. It was driving both Shaun and me insane.

Oliver had seen the pictures too and wasn’t in the least bit hesitant to call me and start a shouting match. It wasn’t pretty, but we sorted everything out and now things are, sorta back to normal for the most part.

Shaun, I don’t think was luckier.

“So, how’d Ashley take it?” I asked Shaun as I talked to him on the phone.

“She’s insanely upset. She started crying, dude.” He stated simply, making me feel bad.

“Did she break up with you?” I asked hesitantly.

“No, we’re still together, but she’s not answering my calls, so I’m guessing she’s really upset and might dump me soon, I really have no idea.”

“Dude, I’m sure everything will be fine.” I replied, trying to think optimistically.

“Thanks, y’know Kevin Pearce?” Shaun started.

“Ya…” I replied, not really knowing where the conversation was headed.

“He’s talking about us on ESPN right now.” He stated, and I knew it wasn’t nice.

I instantly made my way into the living room and flipped to ESPN to see Kevin Pearce talking to a reporter.

“You’re not going to like it.” Shaun warned as I shushed him and turned up the volume.

“Oh ya, the whole Shaun and Alison thing? Dude, I’d have to be blind to not see something like this coming. I mean, she’s hot and all, but she seems kinda whorish when it comes to athletes.” Kevin laughed.

“Fucking asshole, he doesn’t even fucking know me.” I stated angrily before instantly turning off my TV.

“Dude, chill you can snap at him at the Winter X-Games next week.” Shaun laughed.

“Trust me, he’s going to have a nice little conversation with my fist.” I muttered angrily.

“Ya, then get kicked out of the Games. Ya; definitely sounds like a plan.” Shaun joked.

“Don’t worry, I’ll figure something out.” I joked.

“Alright, well I’ll see you next week then.”

“Alright, bye.” I finished, ending our short conversation.

I sighed heavily before laying on my couch and staring at the ceiling.

There was no way in hell Shaun and I could even try to deny the pictures. I mean, we could say some bullshit thing like we kissed ‘cause we thought the other liked us, but then we’d have to explain why we kissed a second time.

I ran possible excuses in my head before giving up and deciding to call Mason.

“Hello?” He asked as he answered.

“Mason, dude! I want to go boarding, wanna tag along? I need to, just, clear my mind.” I begged.

I heard Mason sigh softly, “Alright, I’ll be at your place in a few minutes, but you do realize on the car ride there, you are totally talking about the whole ordeal.” He instructed.

“I know, just get your shit and be here in 15 minutes.” I replied before hanging up, leaving him no time to complain.

I quickly went upstairs to where I kept my boards and I grabbed two of them before making my way downstairs and into my garage to chuck them in the trunk of my only car besides my Lamborghini.

I made my way back upstairs and grabbed my boots, helmet and goggles and putting them in my car as well before packing some clothes and putting on my winter jacket, and before I knew it, Mason was knocking on my door, his hands full with his stuff.

I smiled at him before giving him a hug and taking his board.

“Alright, let’s put this in my car and we can jet.” I smiled as I fished my car keys out of my pocket and locked my front door before opening the garage door.

We quickly disposed of his stuff in the trunk could hear and see the paparazzi swarming around the end of my driveway taking pictures, probably thinking I’m cheating on Shaun with Mason or some shit like that.

“You have some explaining to do missy.” Mason stated the minute we pulled out of my driveway.

“Did you know your friend, Kevin, fucking called me a whore on ESPN?” I asked, gritting my teeth and tightening my grip on the steering wheel.

“I’ll talk to him, but you have to tell me about those pictures dude.”

I breathed in heavily and sighed.

“We kissed.” I stated bluntly.

“Yes, I know, why?”

“I don’t know, we just did. The moment seemed fit, y’know? I mean, he had already kissed me earlier. He had stopped by my place a week before those pictures, and we were talking about why we were even dating other people instead of dating each other, and he kissed me. I mean, when we were surfing, nothing came up or whatever, I had crashed, gotten on my board, he grabbed my arm, asked me if I was ok and before I knew it, bam, we had kissed.”

“But you kissed twice.”

I bit my lip lightly, “Because I wanted to, I wanted to kiss him again so I did.” I replied, trying to play it off nonchalantly.

“So, does he still like you then?” Mason asked, slightly confused.

“Get my phone.” I stated pointing to the glove compartment where I kept my phone so I was tempted to answer phone calls and such while I drove.

Mason did as I told and grabbed my phone out of the glove compartment.

“Now go to my text messages, read the very last one, Shaun sent it to me right before I left for the airport.”

Mason went through my phone and he closed my phone shut at just stared at me.

“Dude, does Ashley know? Does Oliver know?”

“No, Oliver knows we’ve kissed before, so we’re pretty chill now, but Ashley is a bit more than upset with Shaun. They haven’t broken up, but he feels like she’s going to.” I explained.

“So, you two still love each other then?”

I nodded my head solemnly, “This whole thing would be a lot easier for us to sort out, had Shaun and I not won the Olympics.” I sighed.

“No, it’d be a lot easier if you two would dump your boyfriend and girlfriend and just get together. You both like each other so why do you keep putting each other through this. At first it was all right, no one was getting hurt. Now, not only are Oliver and Ashley getting hurt, but so are you two.”

I stayed silent, I didn’t know what to say, Mason was right. He’s always right. I loved Shaun more than anything else, and it hurt to see him happy with another girl, while I pretended to be happy with Oliver. It hurt that he kept leading me on and kissing me, just to want to take everything back and stay friends so he could keep Ashley. It was heart wrenching to say the least.

“Why do you keep doing that, why don’t you do something about it. It’s clear you don’t really want to be with Oliver if you keep going off sending these little love messages to Shaun and kissing him, and he is clearly trying really hard to break it off with Ashley but doesn’t have the balls to do it, so why don’t you fucking do anything about it? ‘Cause, frankly; I’m getting really pissed off with you two. I mean really why wo-“

“I don’t know Mason! Just stop lecturing me all right? Fucking Jesus Christ. Maybe I do this because he’s happy with someone else and I want to know what Ashley fucking feels like for a second.” I shouted, cutting him off and almost instantly breaking into a fit of tears.

I quickly pulled over and cried. I cried out of frustration, I cried out of pain, I just cried. I cried to let everything out. I wasn’t a crier, I never was, I kept it all bottled in until I exploded, and that time was now. I was long over due, and I just started to break down, I just let everything pour out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!!! :D Haha

So, I had initially planned out this chapter far differently, but this happened instead... :\ And I know I made Kevin Pearce sound like an asshole, but it's my story, so it's ok haha :) Plus, I read an interview where the Frends Crew were bashing Shaun, and I took it out on my story lol :P

Anyway, thanks for the comments yo! Keep 'em coming please! Btw, school's starting up, so I'm afraid my updating will slow down :'( So bear with me ok? haha

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!!