Status: Active!!! :D

Broken Hearted

Chapter Eleven

Going back to the X-Games was just as awkward as before. Everyone still stared, except a handful of people already had heard about the press conference. Apparently news about two athletes kissing was far more news worthy than any other world issue…

Shaun and I have agreed for the most part to be apart at the X-Games, so people won’t speculate and start a new rumor with the media, so I was surprised when he rolled up on me after I had finished talking to Mikkel; well sorta.

Shaun looked jealous and slightly infuriated when he rolled up on me. He practically yanked me away actually instead of letting us finish our conversation.

“What?” I seethed.

“You’re flirting with him.” He stated, slightly ticked off.

“I am not! So, now that we’ve kissed for the first time in years, when I talk to a guy I’m flirting with them ‘cause it’s not you?” I replied, crossing my arms.

“That’s not what I said.” He spat.

“Then what do you want?”

“For you to stop flirting with him. Even if you don’t think you are, he clearly is. I know he’s a ‘cutie’, but you’re still flirting; God you’re blind.”

“Dude, you need to chill. Everything is fine.” I replied calmly, really finding no reason to get upset at him over something so stupid.

“Well, it’s kinda hard to chill when you’re blatantly flirting with some other dude.” Shaun retorted.

“Dude, we said hi and talked for a little bit!”

“You gave him your number.” Shaun stated.

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes, “Big deal, chill out, you’re being dumb.”

“No I’m not!”

“Why do you care so much?”

He remained quiet and looked at me, “’Cause, you know, you shouldn’t be.” He replied.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at him, “Someone’s a little bit jealous!” I sang.

“Am not!”

“Are to!”

“Shut up Alison, I’ll talk to you later.” He mumbled before walking away.

{&&}

I sat patiently in my hotel room waiting for Shaun.

He had texted me five minutes ago that he’d be stopping by my room to talk to me, and I was scared as to what it could be about.

A part of me told me it was bad, like he was going to deliver the worst news ever, but another half told me to get excited because something good might come out of it, or he might have good news, and that’s why I had a horrible feeling in my gut that it’d be bad news. Whenever I thought someone was going to give me good news, it was always the opposite of that, and I was far from anxious to find out about his bad news.

I heard a light tap on my door and I shouted at them to come in and that the door was unlocked before I stood up.

“Alison?” Shaun asked as he closed the door behind him.

“Yes?” I lightly laughed, hoping to lighten the mood before Shaun stood before me.

He took a deep breath and sighed, looking as if he was collecting his thoughts and didn’t know what to say.

“You said you wanted to talk, so spill.” I smiled.

He looked straight at me in the eyes. They seemed distant, scared, hurt even.

“I think we should not really hang out or be friends.” He quickly rushed out, and my heart dropped and my stomach dropped.

It hurt to hear those words come out of your best friends mouth, even worse, the boy you’re in love with.

“Why?” I managed to force out, even if it were no louder than a whisper.

“Well, for now, y’know, until Ashley and Oliver are out of the picture, so we don’t stir up more drama and stuff.” He replied.

“Why? So when that bitch breaks up with you I can be the rebound girl?” I spat angrily.

“No, I just don’t want drama.” He replied, holding his hands up defensively.

“Fuck you Shaun.”

He was shocked, he hadn’t expected me to say that and had no idea how to react, so he got defensive, “Why?!”

“Because! You fucking send me these texts saying you love me, then you kiss me, and all this other fucking shit and now you want nothing to do with me? You only want me as the rebound! What the fuck?!” I shouted.

“You kissed me! Remember that, and you said you loved me! But I don’t need the fucking drama!”

“Oh ya, poor mister superstar has to think of his reputation instead of the girl he claims to love. ‘Cause she doesn’t fucking matter, she’ll understand. She’ll be around when everyone starts to forget your face. Fuck you Shaun! I don’t get you!”

“I’m not fucking complicated. I just don’t want things to go badly with Ashley and you with Oliver. We can still chill, just not alone!” He tried to explain.

“Bullshit, you don’t even care about me anymore. It’s all about you and keeping everyone else happy!”

“That’s not true! I care about you.” He quieted down.

“Then why won’t you say you love me back?

“I do.” He retorted.

“Saying it over text isn’t the same, Shaun. If you didn’t care about me why did you lead me on and why’d you get all upset when I started talking to Mikkel? Never mind, I don’t even want to fucking talk to you.”

“Alison, I still want to be friends-“

“No, no you clearly don’t. You can’t say you love me, be my friend, and then want to ditch me so I can be the rebound. It doesn’t work that way, you want me out of your life or you don’t.”

“I want you in my life dude, you’re my best friend.”

“No, I’m clearly not. If I was you wouldn’t tell me you don’t want to be friends anymore, and you’d actually give a shit about me instead of the fucking media.”

“Alison…”

“Just leave.” I ordered as tears pricked my eyes.

“Alison… I don’t want to lose you.” He pleaded.

“You did the moment you said you didn’t want to be friends, now leave. I don’t want to talk to you or see you, I wouldn’t want to sully your perfect reputation.”

“Dude… just listen; please.” Shaun pleaded.

“What? What could you possibly say that would stop me from being angry with you?” I asked furiously.

“I don’t want to lose you, just until this blows over and Ashley and Oliver are gone we shouldn’t chill by ourselves.”

“Dude, Ashley is never going to leave unless you grow a pair!” I replied angrily.

“What about Oliver?”

“The minute you break up with Ashley is the minute Oliver and I are through.” I replied quietly.

I heard Shaun sigh lightly before he attempted to give me a hug but I violently pushed him away.

Shaun sighed once again out of aggravation before he made his way towards the door and opened it.

“The second that door closes behind you, we’re through. We’re no longer friends.” I stated.

I heard him stop before I looked up at him; he looked back at me with a hurtful expression on his face.

“Be careful what you wish for.” I replied flatly before he hung his head and closed the door behind him, erasing himself out of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
:'( I know! Sad, and short :(

'Tis not the end though!!! :D haha

For those of you rooting he'd say he broke up with Ashley, nope! Can't get rid of her that quickly haha :P

Thanks again for the amazing comments!!! :D I appreciate them a lot, could I just simply ask some silent readers to possibly comment please? :D

COMMENT && SUBSRIBE!!!!