Status: Active!!! :D

Broken Hearted

Chapter Two

Shaun was competing today. Whether or not I had promised him I’d watch him today or not, I still was going. Even if I hadn’t seen him in three years, and even if we both moved on, well one of us anyway, I would still watch him and cheer him on, ‘cause I knew that once I’d finish my run, he’d be waiting for me down at the bottom of the pipe.

Even if I weren’t here to watch Shaun, I’d still have to watch it anyway for Scotty.

“If you don’t hurry, we’ll miss Shaun’s run!” Ashley complained as I quickly put on my Team USA jacket.

“Alright, alright, give me a second.” I sighed, rolling my eyes.

She knew shit about boarding and probably didn’t care; she only wanted to see her precious little boyfriend so she could jet back to California and leave.

“Alright lets go watch Scotty compete.” I mumbled as we exited out of my room.

“And Shaun?” She asked quietly.

“And Shaun.” I replied bluntly, really not wanting to talk to her or hear her voice.

Just seeing her made my day go from happy to horrible. I remember last night when Scotty, Shaun, Mason and I were all catching up, just walking aimlessly around the Olympic village, and out pops Ashley out of fucking nowhere and whisks Shaun away. I just remember my blood coming to a boil when I saw her; she had him all to herself for a good three years and the minute we start to catch up she takes him away.

“You think we made it?” Ashley asked anxiously as we merged with the large crowd standing at the bottom of the halfpipe, quickly finding Mason.

“I really have no idea.” I mumbled as we made our way to the front just in time to catch Scotty do his first run.

“When do you think he’s going?” Ashley semi-whined.

“I don’t know. I’m trying to watch Scotty.” I replied, trying to shush her.

“Alright.” She replied quietly as Scotty finished his run throwing his fists in the air when he finished.

He unhooked himself from his board and ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug when they announced his score of a 42.8.

“Dude, that was sick!” I laughed, congratulating him on his run.

“Thanks.” He smiled after letting me go and hugging Mason.

“Did we miss Shaun?” Ashley asked, completely ruining Scotty’s moment.

“No.” Scotty grumbled.

“Dude, you need to chill. You’ll see him ride eventually.” I replied, slightly angry and annoyed with her.

Mason grabbed my shoulder lightly to calm me down and to keep me from hurting her.

She nodded her head solemnly before turning back to look at the halfpipe.

“I’ll see you later.” Scotty smiled at me before taking his board and heading back to the top of the halfpipe.

Ashley and I didn’t have to wait long before it was Shaun’s turn to ride. I could hear Ashley squealing in excitement before she squeezed my arm.

I quickly yanked my arm away from her as Shaun made his way down the halfpipe. He was definitely mesmerizing, how quick he could move and how perfect his landings were, he made it look easy. Most tricks that anyone else would do they’d land them horribly, either falling or looking like they were about to, but Shaun just executed them amazingly. It was as if he could’ve done this in his sleep, and I wasn’t surprised when they announced his score of 46.8, landing him in first place.

Shaun immediately smiled at me and hugged me tightly.

“That was so wild.” I laughed, hugging him back.

“I know, I’m shocked they gave me such a high score.” He smiled.

“Dude, you’ve got the gold in your back pocket, there is no way in hell anyone can beat that.” I laughed.

He simply smiled back at me before Ashley’s squeals of excitement made him remember his girlfriend was right there.

“Ashley beckons you.” I joked, causing him to laugh lightly before letting me go and hugging her tightly.

“I got to go back babe.” He laughed as he removed his arms from around her and kissed her cheek before going back to the top.

My hands instantly clenched themselves into fists when they kissed, even if it was on the cheek. I wanted to be in her position so bad it killed. Each and every time I saw her I could feel the malice coursing through my body.

“You ok?” Mason asked.

“Ya, I’m fine.” I replied, unclenching my hands.

He looked at me worriedly before turning back to watch everyone else compete.

We waited a good two hours… two fucking hours, to watch Scotty run again, this time he wasn’t so successful as he fell in his run, only landing him a 17.5, but he remained in bronze.

Even if he did fall, he was still ecstatic to see me and hug Mason and me again for his bronze medal.

“Good job, I’m proud of you dude.” I smiled hugging him again.

“Thanks, now all that’s left is to watch you take home the gold.” He smiled.

“Oh please, I’m not going to take gold.” I laughed.

“Alright, then Shaun’s not taking gold either I suppose?”

I rolled my eyes and forced him to turn around as Shaun started on his victory lap, he had gold and no one could stop him, no one beat his score. I was half expecting him to just board down the middle of the halfpipe, but he didn’t. He did trick after trick, landing them flawlessly, but what really sent the crowd wild was his Double McTwist 1260, the trick he had been working on for two years, he unleashed at the Olympics.

He instantly began jumping around victoriously when he finished his round and went even crazier when they announced his score of 48.4. He had beaten his own score.

He instantly went over to me and hugged me tightly, as if it was because of me that he had won.

I could sense Ashley looking at us impatiently, eagerly waiting her hug from Shaun, and I knew her eyes were boring into the back of my head with hatred.

“Dude, your girlfriend.” I whispered, bringing me from happy to extremely disappointed.

I knew he felt the same way because he let me go slowly and he was no longer jumping up and down, but he quickly began jumping around again so no one would expect anything and he quickly made his way to Ashley, making my heart sink when he kissed her.

I ran my hands through my hair and I knew Mason and Scotty were looking at me sympathetically.

I hated Ashley; I hated her so much. I wanted to be the one Shaun shared that Olympic gold medal kiss with. I wanted to share that moment with him, and it should’ve been me, and I hated Ashley so much for taking that from me and for making him move on.

I hated her so much, yet wanted to be her so badly, I’d give anything to be in her position, absolutely anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update last night... I was at a friends house haha :D But I'm planning on updating once more tonight to make up for the lack of updates yesterday, and if i can't, I'll update twice tomorrow, possibly, 'cause it's St. Patrick's Day.... so i don't even know if I'm able to update tomorrow :'( But I'll make up for it!!! :D

I know this chapter is a bit short and such, but I needed to post it to get the ball rolling and such, the next chapter should hopefully be longer.

Thank you all soooooooooooooo much for the amazing comments!! I appreciate it sooooo much, you have no idea!! :D Please keep it up!!

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!!!