Status: Active.

Sunny Days.

Don't Try To Wake Me In the Morning.

Just a few more stairs... I thought to myself, trying my best to keep going. If I stopped here, I would probably just curl up on the stairs and fall asleep. I wasn’t unnaturally tired or anything. Today hadn’t been too long of a day. I just had the biggest headache that I’d ever experienced. It was as if my head was being pelted with billions of tiny pebbles, going at a furious speed. Severe pain. In my opinion, the only way that I’d be able to survive this was to sleep it off.

Now, the reason for this head-splitting headache was a group of idiots. As I was walking across the campus of my high school, cutting through the grassy area where the sports fields were located, a baseball hit me in the side of the head. That’s right, a baseball. After swearing, and then being attacked with apologies and offers for help, I managed to leave the school’s property, but the headache that had set in became worse with every single step towards home.

It took everything in me to even start climbing the stairs, instead of just passing out on the living room couch on the ground floor. The reason I didn’t do that was because my mom would begin to worry about why I was so tired, and then she’d wake me up and ask questions, and I just didn’t want that.

So here I was, finally on the second floor of my house, one hand reaching towards the doorknob of my bedroom door. Pushing it open, I dropped my book filled messenger bag on the floor and sighed with relief at the sight of my bed. It looked so comfortable and welcoming that I didn’t even bother with putting on my pajamas.

Sliding under the covers of the bed, with my light-wash jeans and Woodstock t-shirt (authentic, found in a thrift store), a smile formed on my face. Thankfully it was Friday, and I could sleep as long as I wanted to.

And finally, the headache still there, I fell asleep, all conscious feelings melting away.
♠ ♠ ♠
“Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep;
I’m tired and I want to go to bed.”

Asleep - The Smiths

I am definitely not ending this. The inspiration came from a dream of mine, and I feel like this needs to be written. If it seems like I’m going to stop it, please remind me to update.


Hopefully, people will like the idea and the story as much as do.