Habitual Memories

Ashes to Ashes

Damn it was pouring out I thought as I clumsily opened my umbrella before fully making it out the door. I was on a drug bust for the best stuff in town. Since I was currently out. It made a bad feeling pool at the bottom of my stomach. So I hurrily made my way down the pot holed road, making it to this dingy little alley way. Eddy stood with two other boys soaked to the bone.

"Alright Gloria, give me the dough and you got the goods."

Eddy held out his empty hand as he flashed the wadded mass of drugs wrapped in cerain wrap. I fished out a fifty dollar bill and I had long since forgotten from one of my birthdays. Eddy stuffed the fifty in his pocket. Holding out his hand again.

"What? I gave you the money."

I blinked back the water that was dripping off the umbrella.

"You still owe me ten."

"It's sixty?!"

I yelled frustrated. No way it should cost this much for a little bit.

"Well this is good shit. From the other side of town."

I sighed feeling around my pockets.

"We'll have to go to my house."

"Your joking right?"

The boy with the black spikey hair mumbled. Eddy jabbed him in the rib with his elbow.

"Lead the way."

I walked back down the road. Hearing the boys bicker back and forth. Not like I was deaf, I could hear them just fine. I pushed the screen door open as it wacked the wall carelessly.

"We just have to go into my room to get it."

I mentioned before closing my umbrella, heading into my room. I stood up on a chair to get to the shelf in my closet. Taking down the ceramic turtle that had a slit in it's back. I took the cork out of the bottom reaching for the paper that was inside. Sucessfully pulling out a ten, I hopped down and turned around seeing all the boys comfterbly seated all over my room. Their wet and muddy feet resting on my carpet and furniture. I cringed and handed Eddy the money.

"Here."

He nodded as he put it in his pocket. They sat there as I stood feeling slightly confused.

"Uh do you guys want some towels or something to dry off?"

"Dry sounds nice."

One of the boys answered. I grabbed three floral printed towels out of the bathroom and gave one to each. As the boy with the black hair excepted his towel, he raised his eyebrow at me and took it snoddily out of my hands. I stood there for a minute and shook my head ridding my thoughts.

"So?"

I held out my hand this time.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot."

Eddy chuckled to himself handing me the wadded up mess. The other boys shook their heads at him. I took it, placing the drugs in the box hidded underneath a pile of clothing on the floor of my closet.

"So what are you guys up to today?"

I tried to make conversation as the room grew silent. The black haired boy stiffled a laugh as he flicked his lit cigarette against my window pane. The ashes missed, falling onto my carpet floor. I cringed a second time for that.