Habitual Memories

Detox

Footsteps thundered upstairs, my eyes watching the floorboards as I whistled innocently to myself. Eddy looked more than pissed at Christian’s screaming match, and as both him and a fairly attractive girl stomped down the stairs, a slow grin spread across my face. Christian’s eyes landed on me completely, and they narrowed into slits at my grin.

“Who the fuck is he, Eddy?!” his voice was loud and echoed through the house, but I shrugged my shoulder and popped my gum like I had seen so many girls do down at the park. The raven haired girl looked at me in disgust, but if I looked closer I could see that it was just out of spite. She was detoxing, and that much was evident from the look in her eyes.

“He, Chris, is Jason. He’s our newest addition, and he’s also Gloria’s ride home.” my eyes jolted up at the sound of the name, and the raven haired girl glared at me. I gave her an innocent wave, then waved around the keys that rested on my index finger.

“Ready to go, baby?” Gloria stomped up to me, smacking me hard across the face before reluctantly allowing me to walk her outside. She was set in my car fairly easily, and I just shrugged my shoulders as I tried to relax into the directions she was giving me.

-------CHRISTIAN--------

“Christian, you KNOW you’re not allowed to take the drugs.” Eddy said it with a heavy sigh, and I gave him a glare as I kicked at something on the floor. A spare needle rolled by my shoe, and I bent down just to irk Eddy.

His foot came down hard on my hand, and I let out a yelp as he glared down at me. “You’re staying away from Gloria and you’re detoxing for two days.”

But like everything he said, I knew I would go and do it anyways. I was defiant like that.