Behind The Curtains

Chapter Two

Tyler's POV.

I just signed onto AIM and now I'm waiting for someone interesting to get on too. School's been out for the day for about an hour or so, I'm not paying attention. My house is empty as usual, my mother won't be home for another 30 minutes, no dad, and I'm an only child, so there's a million things I could do but I choose to be lazy and sit at a computer all night long. I turn on Windows Media Player and head-bang to Bullet For My Valentine for another 15 minutes, staring at the almost blank computer screen. Good Lord, is no one going to get on and entertain me?! Geewizz.

The bells on the front door begin to jingle a bit, Mom's home. I go downstairs and my mother looks like she's about to cry.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, let's uhm, let's watch some movies." There is something terribly wrong, I can feel it in my bones. But I don't want to make things worse, so I'll just watch a movie with her.

My mom's wonderful choice of cinematic adventures consisted of Early Sunday Morning, Cinderella, and Material Girls. Okay, I may be gay, but I'm not as feminine as you would think I am. None of those movies appeal to me, so I'm glad the phone rang about five minutes into the first movie. It was Nate. Awesome. I grabbed the phone, threw a hug on my mother, and ran up the stairs to my room. I clicked on the phone and all I could hear were faint whimpers.

"Nate?" Oh shit. Nothing. "NATE!!" I'm finally answered, but with hysteric sobs.

"Nate, did they hit you again?" No one else knows that his parents beat him. Just me and the bastards who do it.

". . . Y-Y- Mhm. . ." Fuck.

"How bad?"

"R-Really bad, I- It hurts to move Tyler. . . ."

". . .Motherfuckers, if I ever get the chance to- I'm coming to get you Nate."

"Tyler, no, you can't!"

"Too bad."
-Click-