Behind The Curtains

Chapter Seven - Welcome Back, Or Not? Part Two

Nate’s POV

I woke up in the nurse’s office laying on one of the uncomfortable, smelly beds. I had a pack of ice plastered to the back of my head, which was throbbing and threatening to explode, and Tyler wasn’t anywhere in sight. I began to panic. I’m known for my panic attacks, they’re pretty bad according to the nurse, she says she’s never seen anything like them, “Especially over such small things!” she says. Humph, bite me. She doesn’t know my past – or my present for that matter – and she wouldn’t think what I panic over is so “small” anymore if she did. The nurse came in at just the right time to catch me before I spiraled into a deep panic attack, the kind where I can barely breathe.

Soon after she had calmed me down, the nurse went into the hallway for a few seconds and came back with Tyler right behind her. My eyes widened and I gasped, the nurse gave me a concerned look, I just shook my head and weakly smiled at Tyler. He gave me a sad looking smile in return and carefully sat down on the edge of the sucky bed.

“Hey man . . . Are you okay?” Tyler looked so worried I thought I was going to start crying.

“Uh . . . I don’t know. . . .” I mumbled. The nurse left the room, finally some damn privacy.

“Gah, I thought she’d never leave!” Tyler exclaimed. I just chuckled and looked up at him. I swear, his eyes are so beautiful. Actually, they kinda remind me of a dog, haha. They’re gold, I’m not kidding, they’re the most amazing eyes I’ve ever seen. It’s not hard to lose yourself in them, and just my luck, it happened right then and there.

“Nate . . . ? Nate. Hellllooo, Anybody in there?!” He waved his hand back and forth in front of my face until I snapped out of it.

“Oh. . . .” I looked down and began to blush.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want to go home? His brow furrowed in concern.

“Sh . . . sure, I guess.”

“Alright then.” At that, he got up and walked out of the small, secluded room. A few minutes later he reappeared and held out his hand to help me up. I grabbed his wrist and he pulled me to my feet.

“Can you walk on your own?” He asked. *Gaping in mind.* He’s so great, damnit.

“Yeah, I think so.” I ripped the useless pack of half melted ice off the back of my head. Wow, my school is so retarded, they used Scotch tape. I rolled my eyes as I threw it in the trash and walked out the door with Tyler. He signed me out and led me to his forest green Explorer. He even opened my door for me. It was weird, and I started to get a very bad feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't help but to think of Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket every time I write about Nate.
Is that bad? Lol.