Hold My Hand

-Five.

I was fine. I knew I was fine. I just had to get Lilly out of my mind as long as she was with Nick, because he was my friend, and she was my - friend - and I didn't want to ruin that for them. If she was happy, I was happy (not really, but I would pretend to be). I would try and find someone else that could make me happy. I wouldn't compare said person to Lilly and I wouldn't let the differences between the two to interfere with me having a stable relationship. I deserved to be happy just as much as Lilly did.

"What are your plans for the day?"

I turned around, expecting to see one of the band mates, but there stood Max and his daughter. I shrugged, trying to keep the fake smile plastered on my face. "Did you need me to watch her?"

"Please? I wouldn't usually, but today's just hectic. I've got radio interviews and an acoustic session to shoot, I just..."

"It's fine," I chuckled and took Shayla's hand. Max thanked me and continued on his way. "How are you, Shay?"

"Hungry," She smiled. "And tired."

"Well do you want to sleep first? Or eat first?"

"Sleep," She yawned. "I'm not that hungry anyway."

"Come on, let's go back to my bunk and we'll take a small nap. Thankfully I don't have a show to play today." I carried Shayla on my hip as we made our way back to my bus. I didn't really want to see Lilly, but I'd have to get over it for Shayla's sake. "Do you want one of my shirts to change into?"

She nodded and I handed her a shirt that was way too big for her, but it'd do I guess. She went into the bathroom and changed and came out yawning, just as she had gone in. As she climbed into my bunk, I tossed my phone into my bag that rested on the floor. "Garrett?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad my daddy always picks you to watch over me when he's busy."

"I'm glad he always picks me, too," I smiled and looked down at her. She was smiling up at me while she rested her head on her hands. "You make my days better and more fun."

"Sing to me?"

"Sure," I smiled and thought of the perfect song. "I know your dad's made you listen to The Spill Canvas, right?" She nodded, causing me to smile. "If you need anything, just say the word I mean anything. Rest assured, if you start to dose, and I'll tuck you in, plant my lips where your necklaces close. While you were sleeping, I figured out everything. I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me. Now I feel your name, coursing through my veins. You shine so bright it's insane, you put the sun to shame." She was already asleep, so I laid down next to her and dosed off myself, feeling calm for the first time in a few days.

Lilly stepped onto the bus and made her way to the bunks. She couldn't stand it when she fought with Nick; all they did was argue lately. She couldn't take it anymore, and had about had enough.

"Psst," Lilly turned her head and saw John crouching down beside Garrett's bed. "Come here."

Lilly walked over and crouched down beside John, and then looked in the direction he was looking. There was Garrett sleeping peacefully, Shayla next to him, cuddling up into his side. He looked so peaceful, and it was the perfect photo opportunity, so she stood up and went to her bag, getting out her Nikon D40X, and making her way back to his bunk. She kneeled down again and focused the lens, and then took a quick shot of the two, smiling when she was finished. John smiled over at her and then stood up, making his way to the bathroom. Lilly stayed there for a minute, staring at Garrett, sighing. The truth was that she knew he was going to ask her out the other day. She could feel it. But she couldn't betray Nick, no matter how bad she wanted to be with Garrett. It killed her that Jared would probably never let it happen, either.

Somehow, she was going to be with Garrett. She needed him in her life as more than a friend. She knew he could pick up all the pieces. Nick couldn't do that. She cared about him, sure, but she didn't love him. She didn't love Garrett, either - yet - but she still was stuck in between the two.

She needed to figure some things out.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I missed you all.
Comment would SO HELP the writing process.