Sequel: Starcrossed
Status: It's done!! Please read the sequel 'Starcrossed' and review!!!

The Flood

Life's A Beach

I sat on Max’s lap on Robyn’s couch, my face buried in his neck, crying. “Shh…we’ll find a way to work this out babe.” he soothed one hand wrapped around my waist the other running though my curls.

We had been sitting like that for an hour now as he repeated those words over and over again in an attempt to soothe not only me but Robyn and Shayla as well. They were going back on tour and there wasn’t anything that we could do. It was their job and their duty to the fans. It wouldn’t be fair to have them all to ourselves if it meant that fans had to suffer after all we were fans too.

“Let’s look at it this way,” Craig said suddenly. I pulled my face from Max’s neck and turned my head to look at him, “The latest that we have to leave is Wednesday night right? That leaves the rest of today, Monday and Tuesday for us to be together and figure this out right?” He said. “Yeah, that’s true.” Max said. “So let’s quit with the tears and go have some fun right?” Craig said. “So what do you want to do?” I asked wiping my eyes. “What about going to the beach?” Robert asked. “That’s a good idea in theory but how are we going to hide the fact that you’re a bunch of rock stars? I mean we don’t want a repeat of the mall.” Shayla said. “Forget about that, it was one incident. There’s no proof that all the people are going to be like that right? Besides fangirls try to get at any of you guys and Robyn will fuck a bitch up.” I said and for what felt like the first time in a while we all laughed and laughed hard.

After the laughter had died down Max and I headed to Eden’s to get dressed. I walked through the door and saw that Eden and Monte were no longer on the couch but I heard someone in the kitchen moving around and a moment later Monte appeared from the kitchen with a banana in his hand. “Morning.” he said with a slight blush on his brown skin. “How’d you sleep?” Max asked and the blush got darker. “Max leave him alone, let’s go get dressed.” I said and Monte shot me a grateful look as I pulled my boyfriend to our room.

I pulled on my jeans and bra but kept Max’s shirt, wanting to keep something of him close to me at all times. Since I was dressed first I walked out to go to the bathroom and do my makeup, waving at Monte who was sitting on the couch. “Psst…Loran.” and I looked over and saw Eden peaking out of her room. “What’s up?” I asked. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me into her room.

She wore a pair of skinnies and an old MCR t-shirt but she hadn’t done her make up yet. “Is Monte still out there?” she asked. “Yeah.” I said. “Shit shit shit!” she whispered and sat down heavy on her bed. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “We had sex last night.” she replied. “Yeah I know, Max and I saw you two on the couch this morning when we went over to Robyn’s.” I said. “I just don’t want to face him. I think he read more into last night than I meant for him to.” Eden replied.

I sat on the bed beside her, “How do you know?” I asked. She sighed, “This morning he was talking about the two of us like we were a couple or something. He kept saying things like ‘Oh baby you’re so beautiful’ and ‘Maybe you can come and see me while we’re on tour’ things like that. I excused myself to get dressed and ran in here and haven’t been out since hence the lack of makeup. Oh shit what did I do? I am never drinking again as long as I live.” she moaned and laid back on her bed.

“Look just tell him that it’s not going to work. Tell him that you were drunk and so was he and-” but she cut me off, “He wasn’t drunk.” she said. “What? I could have sworn I saw him drink.” I said. “Yeah one drink, that was the only one he had last night and he didn’t finish it.” she said. “Oh fuck.” I replied. “Yeah that’s what I said. So how was the bed last night?” she asked. “Perfect. Just like Max.” I said, my cheeks heating up.

“Oh my god you had sex with him? Ew…I’m throwing those sheets away!” she said with a grimace. “Oh don’t be dramatic. Would you have preferred that we had sex in your shower? Max thought that was a great idea last night but I said no.” I said. “Thank you.” she said with a laugh. “Yeah. Don’t worry though you won’t have to worry about Monte for long. The road is open, they’ll be able to leave soon.” I said. “Thank you Jesus!” Eden said and I broke back down into tears.

“Oh honey I forgot. I’m sorry.” she said and hugged me. “I know I haven’t known him long but I love him Eden. I really do and I think he loves me too.” I replied. “I know sweetheart. Look let’s just go and do our makeup and then we’ll all go over to Robyn’s and have fun okay?” she asked.

I nodded and the two of us headed to the bathroom. After our makeup was done we walked out and found that Monte had gone over to Robyn’s and Max was sitting on the couch watching old episodes of Spongebob. “It’s about time, how long does it take to do your makeup?” Max asked. “I don’t know, how long does it take to do yours?” I quipped and he stood up smiling and kissed me lightly on the lips. “I love you.” he said and I smiled back, “I love you too.”

We headed over to Robyn’s. “So what are we going to do?” I asked. “Well we’ll have to take two cars at least we’re not all going to fit into mine or Loran’s." Robyn said. “That sounds good. I’ll have to go home and grab my suit though.” I said. “I don’t have suit.” Max said. “Well then why don’t Max and I take my car to my house where I can change into my suit and then we can go by Wal-Mart and you can pick one up.” I said.

Once it was agreed to where we were going to meet since there were tons of places to park along the beach, we headed out. I pulled into my driveway and sighed thinking about the last time that I was there I had come out of the house with the intention of going to Hot Topic and coming straight back home but had ended up at Robyn’s sleeping in a bed with Max Green. We headed into my thankfully empty house and into my room. I cringed at the mess, the day I’d left I hadn’t bothered to clean up or make my bed.

“Please forgive the mess.” I said as I stepped over a pile of clean clothes. “No problem babe. You should see my room at my place. It looks like someone ransacked it.” he said flopping back on the bright purple sheets of my unmade bed. I rolled my eyes and searched my drawers until I found my suit. It was a halter one piece with shiny silvery skulls that decorated it and little ties on each side.

I thought about going to the bathroom to change but stopped myself and instead decided to undress here weather Max was looking or not. I kicked off my chucks tossing them into the corner before undoing my jeans and letting them fall to my feet and stepping out of them. Next went my socks and then my shirt, leaving me with just my bra and panties. I turned around to reach for a hair tie from my dresser and saw Max frozen on my bed his eyes wide and lustful. I winked at him once before flipping my head down and pulling my mass of curls (thanks to two days without my favorite gel and constant rain) into a ponytail.

I reached back to undo my bra but found a pair of hands already working on the clasp, a set of lips on my neck. “Maxy we have to meet Robyn and Craig and Shayla and Robert and…” I said but lost my train of thought as he ran his hands down my side to my panties pushing them down my hips.

An hour later Max and I lay in my still unmade and now even more rumpled bed covered by my favorite Power Ranger’s throw (yes I’m a dork but I don’t care). I kissed him once and realized how much I was going to miss him and felt the tears coming so I quickly got up and continued with what I had been doing before we’d gotten preoccupied.

“We’d better hurry baby or they’re really gonna miss us.” I said pulling on my bathing suit. “Yeah.” He said and got up and pulled his clothes on. I tossed a dress that I had over my suit, pulled my hair up into a ponytail once again. With the addition of a my sunglasses perched on top of my head and my white Dickies bag with multi-colored stars filled with a towel, sun screen, a book and my ipod with a pair of battery operated speakers I was ready to go.

“Are we going to talk about it?” Max asked as we climbed into my car and headed toward Wal-Mart. "There isn’t anything to talk about Max. You’re leaving in a few days and I’m going to miss you. A lot.” I said. “I know babe. I’m going to miss you too but we’ll figure something out.” he said. We parked and hurried inside Wal-Mart to grab Max a suit. I lent him my giant black sunglasses, which looked funny as hell on him, so that he could sorta hide.

He picked a suit fast, a pair of black board shorts with a big silver skull on the left leg. We purchased them along with a pair of sunglasses for him before he ran into the bathroom to pull them on. “Why’d you pick those?” I asked as we drove toward the beach. He shrugged, “They reminded me of some suit I’ve seen before.” he said with smirk. I nodded, “Sounds like a solid reason.” I said with a laugh.

We pulled into the beach and saw Robyn, Craig, Eden, Monte, Shayla and Robert standing by Robyn’s car. “Where the fuck have you been? We’ve called your cells like a million times!” Robyn exploded. We both pulled them out and saw several missed calls, mine from Eden, Robyn and Shayla, His from Monte, Robert and Craig. “Oops, sorry. We got distracted.” I said. “Uh-huh that explains the hickey on your neck.” Robyn said. I reached up to were Max had kissed earlier, “Shit.” Max said. I hit him on the arm, “What the fuck is it with you guys in Escape The Fate and hickeys?” I asked. “What can we say we’re animals.” Craig said and kissed Robyn’s cheek.

“Let’s go get set up, viva la beach mother fuckers!” Max said grabbing my hand and running toward the walk way. We settled on the sand, spreading our blankets out and shedding our clothing down to our bathing suits. “So Robyn almost killed someone on the way here.” Shayla said rubbing sun screen on her arms. “What’s new about that?” I asked. “This time I really thought she was going to do it.” Shayla replied. I laughed, “What happened?” I asked handing Max the sunscreen so he could help me get my back.

“This tourist cut her off on the boulevard and started going really fucking slow so she passed them right? Well then they got behind her and started tailgating which pissed her off more. Well she stopped short and the car bumped her in the ass, no damage thank god. So she gets out and starts screaming about fucking tourists and how since it’s tourist season we should be able to shoot them, I think that some of them thought she had a gun. Finally we got Craig to get her back in the car before the cops came.” Shayla said.

I laughed my ass off, “It’s not funny I was going to shoot the mother fucker.” Robyn said. “Hey Robyn, ever heard that Buckcherry song ‘Crazybitch’?” I asked. “Yeah?” she asked. “I think you just found your theme song.” I said and everyone laughed.

After all of us that were in danger of burning had applied sufficient amounts of sunscreen we all hurried toward the water. The rest of the day was spend splashing in the ocean, playing with the beach toys that Robyn had brought, watching the guys kill each other at football and building a massive sandcastle that Max preceded to destroy like he was Godzilla in Tokyo before we went home.

We ended up back at their hotel and as the sun sat outside the balcony and I was wrapped in Max’s arms I decided not to dwell on the inevitable out come of the next couple days and enjoy my time with him and my friends while I could. And with that thought I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this one is kind of a downer, the next one is going to be a little heavy too at least at the start but after that it will get a little better. Thank you for all of you who reviewed please keep them coming and the chapters will to. Thanx!