Sequel: You Can't Save Me Now
Status: Completed;; thx for everything, check out Pt. 2!!!

16 And 24

Seven

*(Max's POV)*

Shayna refused to go out since her encounter with Melissa, I wanted to take her out on a real date, but the way she reacted when I asked her was like I has stabbed her.

I didn't tell her my real intentions either, I reached in my pocket and gripped the small box. She ran upstairs. I let go of it and pulled my hand out of my pocket.

"No, I don't want to go out Max. Someone will see us!" She yelled from upstairs.

"Babe, please. I wanna take you out, I never have and that's the way it's suppose to be between boyfriend and girlfriends, I feel bad." I said running upstairs.

"Max, I don't want you to be perfect." She said when I waked into her room. She was sitting on her bad.

"But I wanna be perfect for you, you're my life right now. And when Aiden gets here you both are going to be my life, and I'm going to have to be perfect." I said kissing her.

"Max, no one is perfect," She observed.

"We're perfect," I kissed her again. "Please Shay, let me take you out?" I begged.

She sighed. "Okay Max, but only because you said please."

I smiled. "Good, go get ready."

*(Shayna's POV)*

Max refused to tell me where we were going, he kept on saying "You'll see" or "It's a surprise".

I looked over and saw him grinning, what was he so happy about?

Ugh, this couldn't be good.

The car finally stopped. I looked out the window to see we were out in the middle of now where, the stars were shinning brightly in the sky, I smiled. I looked back and Max wasn't there.

My car door open and I jumped. Max had opened it for me. "Thanks," I said.

He nodded. He grabbed my hand and led me to a place in the grass. We sat down. "Max what are we doing out here?" I asked.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. Alot, actually. But still, what are we doing out here?" I repeated.

"Oh, that, well, here it goes," Before I could ask what he meant he shifted so he was on one knee. "Shayna Nicole Star, will you marry me?" He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small box and opened it, it contained a beautiful diamond ring. It must of cost a million dollars!

"Yes, yes I will!" I yelled, I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me repeatedly.

"I love you." Max whispered in my ear.

"I love you, too Maxwell."

Here I was 16 years old, and I was a bride and a mother to be, yeah I know I'm a little young, but fuck it, I AM IN LOVE!

Is that so wrong...?

*-~The Next Day~-*

I woke up to Aiden kicking, no punching... no kicking... I couldn't tell anymore. I stayed the night at Max's that night, I was too tired to go home.

"Shayna?" Max asked.

"Yeah Max?"

"I just realized something,"

"What's that?"

"You're 16, and I asked you to marry me last night...," He said, his voice cracked.

"Max," I turned around to look at him. "I'm 16, big fucking whoop! Age is just a number, right? We're in love, right? I don't care what other people say, do you?"

"No, I don't give a damn what they say, but that's not the point Shay!" He yelled back.

"Then what's the point?"

"I'm ruining you're life! You had so much in front of you and then I come in and fuck you over!" His words were like knives in my heart.

I got out of bed and packed my stuff. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Home." I replied dryly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Gee, I don't know Maxwell, maybe if you felt like you weren't fucking me over so bad I would stay a little bit longer, but nope," I picked up my bag and swung it over my shoulder. "I'll call you later." I said and stormed out the door ignoring Max calling after me and fighting the tears the whole way home.

-*-*-

I was in my bed trying to sleep when I heard music coming from outside.

"So now your running,
Its hard to see clearly,
When I make you angry
You're stuck in the past
And now your screaming
So can you forgive me?
I've treated you badly.

But I'm still here
Sometimes I wonder
Why I'm still waiting
Sometimes I'm shaking
That's how you make me.
Sometimes I question
why I'm still here
Sometimes i think I'm going crazy..."

I looked out my window to see Max playing bass guitar and three other guys, one on drums, one on guitar, and one singing.

I ran downstairs and outside, I ran towards Max and jumped into his arms. "I'm sorry Max!" I yelled.

He threw down the bass and kissed me.

"Max, you better not have broken you're bass dude," The singer said laughing.

"Fuck the bass, I got my heart back now." Max said kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://totalweddingplanning.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/designer-engagement-ring1.jpg (Shayna's engagement ring) =]

Okie, so an Escape The Fate fan-fic isn't anything without Craig, Rob, and Bryan so I just had to put them in here.
And I thought the song went well... =]

Tell me ya think! <3 =)