Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Our Heat Is Gone

Six.

"Lexi. Lexi, wake up." I heard a familiar voice say to me while also shaking me lightly. I peeped open an eye, but was only met with darkness. I didn't have any light to tell me who was sitting next to me on my bed. I hated night lights or anything that gave off any hint of light while I slept.

I brought a hand out form my comforter and reached out for the switch of the lamp on my night stand. My hand failed to do so, in the result of it was knocking down various things that I left on the night stand, like my cell phone for instance. Although, I could care less for that piece of shit technology right now.

I heard a chuckle and his hand bring a halt to my own then the clicking sound of the light switch off the lamp to bring an yellow-orange glowing hue around the room. After rubbing my eyes for a bit, I saw that it was in fact my cousin, Dan, that had came into my room to wake me up.

"Hello." He greeted with a warm smile.

I smiled weakly and responded. "Hello." Stretching then sitting up, leaning on the bedpost, I asked: "What are you doing here so early?"

"Why not? You're leaving soon and my mom wanted to drive you and your mom to the airport."

"That's nice." I commented resting my eyes for a bit.

I was trying to prepare myself mentally for leaving. Not only was I not ready to leave my home and what I considered my family. I was definitely not ready to endure the hourly long plane ride. I wasn't looking forward to sitting on my ass for hours, the rude people at the airport stops, the annoying people who kick the back of your seats, the nasty airline food that you had no other choice but to eat because you were starving and they'd end up making you feel like you've gained ten straight pounds, babies crying constantly, waiting in line to use the bathroom, and the really annoying passengers that were lucky to have a window seat and always left their blinds open pissing everyone off who was trying to sleep. No, I wasn't not ready to experience that again in my life. I hated flying with a passion.

"Chris and Matt came along with us." Dan added breaking my thoughts.

I opened my eyes and asked with a hint of disappointment: "What about Max?" Then I quickly caught myself before slipping out Josh's name. I didn't want it to seem like he bothered me, but it did.

"Don't worry about him for now. He's meeting us at the airport. He said he had to do something important before he left." Dan explained.

"Oh, okay." I said nodding and getting out of bed to get dressed.

A couple of minutes after I finished dressing up and putting all my necessities into my carry-on bags, I walked back out to my room and found Chris and Matt sitting on my bed. Chris aimlessly talking to Matt who was texting away.

"Hey." I greeted the both of them as I took a seat on my bed next to them.

"Lex!" Matt said taking a moment away from texting to wrap an arm around me to give me a hug.

"I can't believe you're going to be gone in less than a few hours." Chris stated.

"I know. I don't want to leave, but I have to see my grandma."

"We understand."

"So do you guys know what Max is up to this morning? Because apparently it's more important than not spending time with his biffle before she leaves." I asked either of them with a hint of sarcasm.

"No clue." They both told me.

"Unbelievable." I said lying down on my bed.

I looked up and noticed Matt who was slouching on my bedpost and still texting away on his cell phone. I was curious and began playing "annoying-nosy-friend."

"Who ya texting, Matty?" I said sitting back up and tried to peek over him.

"None of your business."

"Oh, girlfriend?" I said raising my eyebrows and tried even harder to look at his phone.

"What? No. Lexi, stop." He said putting his phone away and trying to push me away. "No!" I said as I tried to reach into his jacket pocket to fish out his phone, but he grabbed it before me and handed it to Chris.

Chris laughed and got up off of my bed and walked away from us. Now, I was trying to get out of Matt's grip and attempting to get to Chris. I wasn't really that interested in knowing who Matt was texting. I just liked messing and playing around with them because it was fun.

"Matt, let go." I said still trying to shove his arms off from around my middle.

"I can't do that or else you'll probably end up killing Chris." He said. After a few more failed attempts to escape Matt's grip I gave up. I sighed greatly and said crossed my arms with Matt's grip still around me. "Fine, I don't care anymore, really."

"Really?" Matt asked not knowing whether or not to believe me. Chris was still standing on the other side of the room texting on Matt's phone. They know something I don't.

"Yes." I answered and just then Dan came in.

"Okay, what's going on now?"

"Dan! They're keeping secrets from me."

"We are not." Matt defended.

"Okay, never mind. Your luggage is in the car already. Get all your stuff now Lexi, we're about to leave." Dan said and left again.

Matt release me from his grip and I stood up to get my carry-on. Chris handed Matt his cell phone back and we made our way out of my room and soon out of the drive way of my house and to the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler and short. I'll make the next one up to y'all.

Recap of what's been going on: Bamboozle Roadshow was awesome! I got new lens for my camera. I finished my Junior year of high school. Summer. :]

5 more comments = update!