Kiss Me Hard; Damn You!

Box full of roses.

"I caressed the bright, creamy white of her closed eyelids before endlessly kissing them, with a tenderness I didn't think myself capable of. I showed these signs of affection, like never have I done in all the years that she has been mine. Are these sad attempts at holding on? Am I trying to win back the time I lost by forsaking her, by underestimating the importance she has had on my life?

All my life, not that long if I look into it, I swore to myself that when the time was, I'd know how to give up, even on things that mean my life. All the sorry cliche's I ever heard don't sound as corny anymore, because now I feel a part of them. All the love I refused to show, I feel emanating from me to her now, and I have such little space to show it... I doubt that I'm able to watch her wake up and ask for explanations for my act.


At the same time, Sebastian's younger brother, Julian, was in front of his brother's door, knocking. It was off-putting that he didn't answer, since he was always at home, at least ever since he had asked him for the favor of being the only "client" of Rose. Julian felt indebted to speak to Sebastian about issues that had occurred - to both him and his brother's woman, Rose.

Julian finally decided to let himself in by the use of the extra key he had been given. He walked into the apartment of his older brother, richly, luxuriously but altogether tastefully decorated. The home looked exactly like the ones in decorating magazines, which was a thing that partially bothered and inhibited Julian. It didn't really feel like a home, yet the personality of his brother, imprinted into the house, soothed him a bit. Since Sebastian seemed to have gone missing, Julian started to look around in search of a distraction, maybe a book. In the study, at an extreme corner of a bookshelf, he was interested by a darkly colored wooden box. It sat there casually, as if it were only a decorative piece, but at the opening of it, it proved to be much, much more. It contained various objects, all related somehow, in some way, to a certain flower. To the rose. Pictures of red roses, a lighter with a rose, a few books that had the word in the title, tiny sculptures, an empty bottle of perfume, a paper rose, real roses, some more wilted than others, petals, anything that might be directed to the idea of a rose.

The discovery pushed Julian in awe, in admiration of his elder sibling, but it also hit him to the bottom of his heart. These objects, obviously, obviously related to Rose, the woman he had recently discovered to be more caught on every day. It hurt him to know that the one who had always won all the competitions between them also loved this woman. Thoughts started rushing. His whole existence now revolved around being Rose's lover, and he needed to know the whole truth, not only that Sebastian didn't want to sell this woman anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now this is a special gift-update for all the sweet people that commented on the story and told me what they thought in my profile comments. I prefer comments on the actual story comment thread, because well the profile ones mess up and delete themselves sometimes, but the other ones are very much appreciated too.
Comments stimulate me to update faster, I can take constructive criticism, and I won't update until I get a minimum of 4 comments.(there are at least 20 of you subscriber guys at the moment, say something!). Because I'm a comment whore, especially for this story.