My Darling Irish Girl - Ianto Jones

An army of Weevils

"Your team are gonna be going mad looking for information on me now" I laughed sitting opposite Jack,

"It'll be good for them; it's been a slow week"

"Aye I thought as much, and you didn't wave back at me when I waved through the CCTV"

"That was you waving?" Jack laughed, "Tosh thought it might have been just some weirdo.” He gave a cheeky grin, “She was half right anyways."

"Wanker",

"Three times a day actually"

"Oh so you've improved" I laughed, "so Ianto was the guy at the front?"

"Yes, why?"

"He's cute, he seeing anyone? Or you?"

"No, he had a girlfriend but I'll let him tell you about that. And no he's not seeing me" Jack laughed,

"Did I tell you Siobhan is getting married next week? Wants me to be Maid of Honour""

"You and Siobhan were close?"

"Like sisters, you grow up in a house like mine with only one girl cousin your age and chances are you get real close. But Maid of Honour means I'll have to make a speech and all behaved and lady like in the chapel"

"Very hard thing for you" Jack sympathised.

"And of course after her and Tommy get married they'll be having babies and I'll stand for them but then it'll be 'Saoirse it's great to see you here have a baby!' As if nieces and nephews weren't bad enough as it is" I sighed, I leaned back ruffling my hair, "Rant over."

Jack chuckled, fiddling with something on his jacket.

"When does your plane leave?"

"Half one tomorrow, it's back again next Sunday at half eight at night.

A whole host of alarms went off breaking the happy silence and Gwen came running into Jack's office,

"I know I said earlier I'd give anything for an army of weevils to crawl out of the drains but I didn't actually mean it"

"An army of weevils has climbed out of the drains?" Jack asked sceptically,

"And we're getting a lot of 999 calls about 'vicious animal attacks' all over the city" Toshikoadded following close behind.

"Saoirse you can deal with weevils can't you?" Jack asked sarcastically,

"I think so, no bat though just my guns" I pulled them out from the back of my jeans, and twisted them for Jack's inspection.

"Let's go then"

[hr]

"Jaysus weevils make one hell of a mess" I nudged at a carcass with my foot, "looks like a 'dine and dash'.” I looked around before turning to Ianto who too was busy inspecting damages around us.

“They can't be far, bodies are still warm" I stood back up as a familiar noise broke out, "Speak of the devil"

Five weevils hadmanaged to surround us.

Jack thought it would be a good idea if we all spilt off into pairs and dealt with as many weevils as we could, right now Jack's idea really wasn't ringing all that 'convenient' to me.

"I've no more anti-weevil spray" Ianto said lifting his gun,

"No worries lovely, I can deal with five weevils" I grinned , casting a mad woman gaze I charged at the first one

[hr]

-Ianto's POV-


I watched as Saoirse charged at a weevil, it hissed at her and she just laughed smashing her fist into it's face and snapping it's arm as it tried to claw at her.

She spun around and roundhouse kicked the second weevil as it advanced, I had my hands full with one but she was laughing taking on two at a time.

"Who is this girl? She can take on three weevils at a time since the one with the broken arm has gotten up again, the rest of us can just about handle one at a time"
I watched as Saoirse spun and flipped and punched and kicked her way through three weevils,

"Need some help lovely?" she asked prying the weevil off me,

"Didn't your mother teach you any manners? If you want to get that close to me you have to buy me dinner first" her laugh rang in my ears as she kicked the weevil in the kneecap causing it to howl in pain.

The other weevils started to back away from Saoirse and me, scurrying back into the sewer they came from until we were left standing alone.

"You all right?" she asked me, "you got clawed pretty badly" I looked down and there was a large gash across my chest,"

"I hadn't noticed"

"By the looks of it it's just a flesh wound, my flat's near here, complete with first aid kid. .” She gave me a worried look, “Even if it is a flesh wound it might get infected if you leave it untreated"

"Yeah, I need to tell the others"

"Jack knows where my flat is" she said patting herself, "now where did I leave my keys?" she began digging in the pockets of her jeans while I touched the com in my ear,

"Jack, I got clawed by a weevil Saoirse has a first aid kit in her flat so I'm going to bandage myself up there"

"We'll meet up with you when we're done here"

"Jack? Just who the hell is Saoirse? She just beat four weevils into submission"

"Holy crap is she some kind of Super Woman?" Owen's voice asked over the com,

"She said she was a super soldier"Gwen said,

"I checked her file in UNITs database she was a squad leader. Apparently if something couldn't be contained they sent her in" Tosh explained

"But she's such a tiny little thing"Gwen said in disbelief,

"Well looks can be deceiving can't they" Jack laughed, "go and take care of yourself Ianto we'll meet up with you when we're done" I turned the com off and turned back to Saoirse,

"Found them! Come on then eye candy" she grabbed my arm and pulled me in the direction of her flat.

[hr]

"Don't mind the mess, I've been packing for a wedding just" she said opening the door to the flat and walking inside, "sit down and I'll go get the first aid kit"

I obliged her, and my aching legs, stretching out comfortably on the couch while Saoirse went to find her first aid kit.

I noticed a cabinet against one wall and slowly walked over to look inside.The light reflected off full shelves of gold medals for dancing and hurling.

There were pictures of Saoirse in an Irish dancing costume with a gold medal, pictures of her with a hurling team holding a trophy,

"I was big into hurling and dancing at home" Saoirse's voice said from behind me,

"Shit, I-I didn't mean to-"

"Why so jumpy eye candy? I'm not gonna hurt you" she laughed just as the phone started to ring, "Bloody woman always calls at the worst time" she muttered running to the phone, "Ra, Ra right about ye? Listen Ma can I call you back now's not a good time" silence, "It's just not all right!" silence "a work thing" Saoirse rolled her eyes and tapped her foot, "yes Ma I'll be back for the wedding" Saoirse sighed, "yes still blue, look Ma I'll call you back ok!" she slammed down the phone, "sorry my ma, always calls at the worst time. Let's see the damage then"

"Oh right, uh-" I wasn't about to take my shirt off in front of a complete stranger,

"If you don't let me see what the weevil damage is then it'll get infected. Now take your damn shirt off" Saoirse said forcefully.

So I took the shirt off and laid it carefully to one side while Saoirse assessed the damage, "flesh wound, just a lot of blood. You'll probably want to take a shower before I bandage you up. Spare room my brothers usually stay there when they're here. You should find some stuff that'll fit, take a shower and clean off the blood then I'll bandage you up" I stood up but before I could ask her where her spare room was. As if sensing this she directed, "second door on the left, right opposite is the bathroom. Second drawer down in the yellow cabinet is the stuff my brothers use" she walked into her kitchen and picked up the phone presumably to call home.

[hr]

When Ianto had left for the shower I picked up the phone to call home,

"Hello?"

"Hi Daddy is Ma about?"

"She's taken to the bed, said you where rude"

"I had a guy I work with over, I'm supposed to be getting some big promotion and they sent a guy over to interview me when she called is all" Daddy laughed,

"Well love you know what your mother is like. You're still coming home for Siobhan's wedding aren't you?"

"Of course Daddy, I'll see you then"

"See you then" I hung up the phone and stretched a bit, I was getting settled into the sofa when the doorbell rang,

"Coming hang on" I opened the door and Jack and the others were standing there, "come on in, don't mind the mess I've just been packing for going away is all"

"You're going on holiday?" Gwen asked

"Nah I've a wedding to go to next week. My cousin's, I'm Maid of Honour. Come on in sure"

"Ianto said you managed to fight off four weevils" Owen said, "but there isn't a scratch on you"

"Super Soldier" I laughed, "Weevils are piss, I've fought bigger" I added seriously.

"Who are you?" Owen asked,

"I'm Saoirse O'Neill and I used to be the go-to-girl for fights at home. Still am if you get enough drink in me. I'll fight anything no matter how big it is"

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Sure I got my ass kicked more than once but that's how you learn. My brothers taught me everything I know about fighting. Then I trained with the 'RA and UNIT so I'm untouchable in a fight" I stated proudly,

"And the bat by the door is for what?" Gwen asked

"Oh that? That's a Hurley bat"

"For doing knees in" Jack explained laughing when the others looked scared,

"Ah Ianto you're back" Owen said relieved, "let me have a look at you then"

"It's just a flesh wound. I already checked, here" I threw some bandages at Owen,

"I'll bandage you up back at the hub" Owen said steering Ianto out the door,

"I'd need to get home myself, Rhys will be wondering what's keeping me" Gwen said standing up, "it was nice meeting you. See you in two weeks?"

"See you then" I waved Gwen goodbye,

"I'll go too then, see you in two weeks" Toshiko said following after Gwen,

"Aw they're scared of me" I laughed, "see you in two weeks Jack"

"See you then, have fun at the wedding"

"You're an evil man Jack Harkness" I scowled at him but he just laughed,

"I want lots of pictures of you being well behaved"

"Out" I shoved Jack out the door and stripped off for bed setting my alarm for half ten the next morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler chapter there

It'll pick up in the next few chapters promise

Listening to: Kate Bush – Running up that Hill, Reading: FMA – 106, Random thought of the day: "I want a plain Big Mac"
-gets one with everything-
D8