Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Fairfarren

Image

Danielle woke up to the sound of someone stirring next to her. She glanced over to see Hatter getting out of bed. Had he laid next to her all night? Hatter turned to see that she was awake. He smiled widely at her.

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" he asked.

"No, you're fine. Did you lay in bed with me all night?"

"Actually, I slept all night." he said while putting his had back on.

"I'm glad you got some sleep. Are we leaving now?"

"We'll eat breakfast first then go. I'll leave you to dress."

Hatter left the room and shut the door behind him. Danielle stripped out of her pajamas and put on her dress form yesterday. She knew today was going to be long. She had no idea how far the White Queen's castle was from here. She headed down the stairs and into the kitchen. Hatter was busy fixing breakfast. She smiled when she saw that he was wearing an apron. He finished making scrambled eggs, bacon, along with bisguits and gravy. He handed Danielle a plate full of food. She thanked him then began to eat.

"This is delicous." she said.

"Thank you!"

After Hatter made himself a plate he took a seat next to Danielle.

"So, how far is the White Queen's castle from here?"

"About a three hour walk." he replied.

"Three hours!?" she shrieked which made Hatter laugh.

"Yes, but do you think I'm going to let you walk that far? You'll get to ride on my hat!"

"Your hat?"

"Mmhmm. Are you finished/" he asked indicating to her breakfast.

Hatter took the plates and washed them off. He turned to Danielle with a smile on his lips. He then pulled a small vile out of his pocket.

"Drink this." he said.

Danielle took the vile from him. She put it up to her lips and drank. Her whole body began to shrink to two inches. Hatter glanced over at her small body.

"Perfect!" he said.

"Not quite." Danielle replied while trying to hold her now large dress over her body.

"Ah, hold on."

Hatter pulled out a pair of scissors from his coat. He cut a piece of the peach colored fabric from his hat. He then began to cut the fabric. When he finished he handed Danielle a beautiful dress.

"Here, try this on for size!"

Danielle reached up with her free hand to grab onto the dress. Hatter turned around so she could have some privacy.

"Okay." she said.

He turned around and smiled at her.

"You look lovely." he took his hat off and placed it in front of her. "Your chariot my lady!"

Danielle hopped onto the brim of the hat. She held onto the pink fabric as Hatter put his hat back on his head. He then walked out of the house and bid Fairfarren, which meant farewell in Outlandish to Mallymkun and Thackery.

"Be safe." said Mallymkun.

"We will." he replied.

Danielle took a seat on the hat and watched as Hatter headed through the woods. She knew this was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since this update was a little short I'll post Chapter 11 today as well!

Image