Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Andromeda

Image

Danielle glanced up in awe at the sight of the Castle of Hearts. It was huge. She felt a little scared about being caught but she had to save Hatter. One of the knights pushed him hard. Hatter fell to the ground with a thud. He tried to put his arms out to stop himself from squishing Danielle but he still landed on her. Danielle felt her arm bend the wrong way. She let out a cry of pain and clutched it to her chest. Hatter quickly got up to his feet. He glanced into his pocket to see Danielle clutching her arm.

"I'll mend it later." he whispered.

She nodded up at him. The guards grabbed Hatter and led him into the castle. As he walked inside he saw all the slaves that he had been friends with. He just knew he'd probably be one of them soon or dead. The guards pulled him into the Great Hall where Andromeda sat on the thrown. She had long wavy brown hair and dark eyes. She wore a red dress with ruffles and black hearts all over it. Some would say she was beautiful but beauty was only skin deep; she was truly evil. A sour smile crossed her face when she saw Hatter. She stood up from her throne and walked over to him.

"Tarrant Hightopp, it's great to see you back here. I've been searching for you everywhere."

"Apparently not hard enough." he replied.

Andromeda used her club to hit him in the face. He stumbled backwards but didn't fall.

"Don't be smard with me or I'll have Blaze here rip your heart out."

Danielle glanced up to see a woman with long black hair, blue eyes covered with heavy makeup, and wearing nothing but black standing by the throne. She was the one that Danielle needed to kill. Hatter nervously chuckled then stopped when Andromeda raised her club. She really was more evil than the Red Queen.

"One of my spies said they saw Alice wondering around in the woods. What are you up too? Trying to get Alice to kill Blaze so we both die?"

"That's exactly what we're doing!" Hatter replied excitedly.

Andromeda quickly looked at her knights.

"Search all of Underland for Alice. Remember, she's probably as small as a gerbil so get the blood hound to help. Whoever finds her bring her back to me so I can kill her." Andromeda glanced back at Hatter. "And you will not live to see sundown tomorrow night. Tarrant Hightopp I will finally get to kill you. Mommy will be so proud. Take him to the dungeons."

Andromeda returned to her throne as the guards took Hatter away. They led him down to the dungeons and locked him behind the bars. He took a seat on the floor then removed his hat. He tore a piece of the peach fabric off, grabbed a small twig, and began to make a cast for Danielle's arm. After making it he reached into his pocket to pull Danielle out.

"What arm?" he asked.

"Left."

Hatter softly took her arm. She cried out when he straightened it and wrapped the cast around it.

"Drink this." he said while holding a vile up to her mouth.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It'll heal your arm."

Danielle took a sip of the liquid. She sat there for a moment and tried to move her arm but it still hurt.

"It takes about an hour." he replied.

"We don't have an hour. I have to get you out of here."

"Not with a broken arm. Let it heal. Here."

Hatter placed his had beside him. He grabbed Danielle and put her on the brim. She laid down and pulled the fabric over her body. At once she was fast asleep. The healing potion made her extremely tired. Danielle woke up to the sound of people talking. She blinked a few times to get her vision focused. When she sat up she saw Mallymkun sitting on Hatter's knee.

"How did you know we were here?" asked Danielle.

Hatter and Mallymkun looked over at her. Hatter smiled warmly at her.

"How's your arm?" he asked.

Danielle removed the cast from her arm. She bent it and was surprised that it didn't hurt anymore.

"It's better. Thank you. How did Mallymkun find us?"

A whooshing noise sounded above Danielle. She looked up to see Chessur smiling down at her.

"I saw you both being captured by Andromeda's knights. I told Mallymkun and the two of us rushed here to save you both."

"How are you going to save us?" she asked.

"Danielle, I want you and Mallymkun to go to the White Queen. Chessur will help me escape." said Hatter.

"No, I will find the keys and get you out of here."

Danielle's small self ran out of the jail cell. There was no way she would leave Hatter in the Castle of Hearts. She rushed through the dungeons not really knowing where to go.

"Mallymkun, follow her." said Hatter.

The Dormouse rolled her eyes not wanting to look after Danielle. But, Tarrant had asked her and she would do anything for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image