Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Sword Practice

Image

Danielle woke up to the sound of someone bustling in her room. She sat up and saw a beautiful woman with long brown hair, blue eyes, and perfect facial features sit a food tray on the nightstand next to the bed. She smiled warmly at Danielle.

"Goodmorning Danielle. I trust you slept well." she said in a beautiful voice.

"I did. Thank you. You must be Sky."

Sky nodded. "And you must be Alice Kingsleigh's daughter Danielle. I've never met her but I've heard a lot about her. I'm sure you have so many questions about myself. But before I answer any of them you must eat."

Sky sat the tray of food in front of Danielle. She began to eat the wonderful breakfast. When she finished she stared up at Sky.

"How did you become a dragon that turns into a human?"

Sky smiled. "My father was a dragon and my mother was a witch. Before they got married my mother turned my father into a human but the spell went wrong. He was able to turn into a dragon whenever he wanted. When Blaze was born she was a dragon so my mother did the same spell she used on my dad. A year later I came along as a human. They didn't know I was half dragon until I was six months."

"Your mother didn't have to used a spell on you?"

"No, but my father became evil. He was the fearsome Jabberwocky."

Danielle's eyes went wide. "My mother killed your father." she stated.

"Yes, but someone had to do it. After our father died Blaze went crazy. She fled to the Outlands where she found the Red Queen and Stayne. When they had Andromeda they devised a plan to make her rule Underland. By the time she was sixteen she put her soul in Blaze. The only way to kill Andromeda is to kill Blaze."

"That's what I'm afraid of."

Sky softly took her hand. "I'm good with a sword and you actually have a dragon to practice with."

Danielle smiled. "What about you? How are you so nice?"

"Blaze and I were raise differently. She had our father while I our mother. After my mother died. I fled Underland and lived in London until I was ready to come back. Mirana took me under her wing. Now, get dressed. I'll meet you in the hallway."

Sky left the room leaving Danielle alone. She got up from the bed and went over to the wardrobe. She opened it up to find so many beautiful outfits. She picked out a blue dress with sandles. She put it on and headed into the hallway. Sky smiled then led her outside into the large courtyard.

"First we'll start out slowly." said Sky.

She handed Danielle a sword. It was really light and beautiful.

"What's this sword?" asked Danielle.

Sky smiled. "That's the same sword your mother used to slay my father."

Danielle held the sword up. "The Vorpal sword!" she whispered.

"Now, I'll teach you how to block and attack."

Danielle had no idea how hard this sword practice would be. She was so distracted by Hatter. She wanted to know if he was all right.

"Danielle, you need to pay attention." said Mirana whoe was watching with her court at her side.

"Sorry." Danielle replied as she wiped the sweat off her face.

"What's troubling you?" asked Mirana.

She walked forward and placed her cold hands on Danielle's face. At once Danielle's body felt better by the Queen's touch.

"I'm worried about the Hatter."

Mirana and Sky exchanged glances.

"Tarrant Hightopp?"

"Andromeda's ordered his execution for today. Chessur told me he'd save him but I couldn't be so sure."

The white Queen noticed the spark of love in Danielle's eyes.

"Tarrant is very resourceful. You must trust him. If there is a way out he will find it."

"I tried to break him out yesterday but he refused."

Mirana smiled. "He wanted to make sure you were safe first. If Andromeda finds out that you're Alice's daughter. She will have Blaze kill you in a matter of seconds. Shall we take a break then you can get back to practice? Come with me, I'll have Thackery whip you up something for lunch!"

"The March Hare is here?"

Mirana nodded. "Yes, now follow me."

Danielle's sore body followed Mirana into the castle. She knew that the White Queen was right, Tarrant was resourceful. He would easily find a way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image