Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Hightopps

Image

Danielle smiled when she saw the March Hare whipping up something in the kitchen. He was making a huge mess but he seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Thackery!" said Danielle.

The March Hare flung a plate at Danielle. She quickly ducked before it hit her in the head.

"Thackery came here to tell me that the Hatter was taken by Andromeda's knights." said Mirana.

Danielle nodded. "That was nice of you Thackery."

"Tea?" he asked.

"Yes please."

Mirana took a seat across from Danielle. She watched as she stared out the window. Mirana knew that Danielle loved Tarrant it was easily seen on her face.

"What happened to Tarrant's family?" asked Danielle.

The March Hare screamed and flung himself out the window. Mirana sadly sighed.

"I'll have to replace that window for the third time."

"Sorry. Is he okay?"

"He'll be fine." Mirana paused for a moment then began. "It was Horunvendush Day. Tarrant's whole clan had been there. All the Hightopp's, young and old, festive in their new shiny top hats. They were all cheering for me and my court as we rode in on our gleaming white horses. Beside me rode Thackery, Chessur, and the white rabbit, amongst others...all of them were members of my court. Standing in the center of the clearing holding the same sword you hold now, was the White Knight, the one we had all come to see." She paused for a breath of air.

"Suddenly, we all felt terror brush against our hearts as enormous wings blocked out the sun. The woods went dark around us. All the faces were filled with awe and horror. We had never seen such an evil creature before. The White Knight whom was our hero and champion, the one that was supposed to fight for us against all horrors-gaped at the terrifying creature. He dropped his sword and fled into the trees. If the Knight was too afraid to fight then there was no one to defend us from the Jabberwocky.

"Horrified screams broke out as everyone ran for their live, pushing and trampling anyone that got in their way. fire streamed from the Jabberwocky's mouth and blazed over their heads. My horse reared, and I lost my crown. Hatter ran forward to grab my reins, losing his hat in the process. He led me to safety but for one moment he looked back. He saw one last thing before we escaped: Stayne the Knave of Hearts picked up the Vorpul Sword and lifted it victoriously. With an evil howl, the Jabberwocky retreated leaving carnage and disaster behind him...and only one member of the once sprawling Hightopp family survived."

Danielle sadly looked away when Mirana finished the story. Just like herself, Hatter had no one in his family. They were both meant for each other.

"Why didn't he tell me the whole story?" she asked.

"It's hard for him Danielle but if it wasn't for Tarrant I wouldn't be alive. I'm grateful for what he's done."

A loud ding filled the kitchen.

"Ooh, muffins are done. Would you like a blue berry muffin?"

Danielle smiled as she nodded her head.

Mirana got up from the chair and headed to the oven. Danielle thought more about the story which made her heart ache. Now she understood Hatter's madness. He was driven to the edge of his madness by guilt, helpless rage, and deep loss. Not just because of his family being brutally murdered but also because of Alice's passing. She had to help him with his madness.

Mirana placed a muffin along with a cup of tea in front of Danielle. She thanked her then began to eat the wonderful muffin. She took a few sips of the tea then wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"Feel better?" asked the Queen.

"Much!" said Danielle.

Mirana grabbed the empty tea cup. She placed it in the sink then dusted off her hands.

"Now, let's finish your practice!"

Danielle groaned loudly as she slowly got up from the chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been slacking off with updates so here's what I plan to do. I will NOT be updating any stories on Saturday or Sunday. The only time I will update is during the week. That way on the weekend I will have time to write.

Image