Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Dungeons

Image

Hatter sat in the depths of the dungeons. He had told Chessur to make sure that Danielle was alright. Chessur came back nearly an hour later.

"I took her to Mirana." he said.

Hatter nodded softly. He then went back to staring off into space. Mallymkun sadly glanced down at hiim. Blaze had found her wondering around the castle and now she was being held prisoner in a bird cage. She wanted to help the Hatter but he was beyond her reach at the moment, both physically and emotionally. She knew that his heart belonged to someone else.

"Where's Elle?" Blaze shouted loudly to the guard.

"She came down here to sing to the prisoner about three hours ago but she never returned."

"Who told her to come down here and sing?"

"Your majesty did."

"Andromeda said no such thing."

Blaze stomped towards Hatter's cell. Chessur quickly vanished before she saw him.

"Where is Elle?" she barked.

Hatter didn't speak so Blaze reached through the bars and prodded him with a truncheon. He still didn't speak.

"Where is she." she yelled again.

Mallymkun smiled. "She escaped. Pity because you let Alice's daughter through your grasp!"

Blaze's eyes turned red. "What?" she shrieked. "Elle is Alice's daughter. Oh, I'm going to kill her."

"Not before she kills you."

At that moment Hatter was on his feet. His arms went around Blaze's neck. No one was going to threaten Danielle. There was madness in his eyes. He began to squeez, choking the life out of Blaze. She struggled to break free. Finally, she staggered away. Blaze gasped in a breath of air then turned to face Hatter.

"I'm going to kill you Tarrant Hightopp. Just like my father killed your family. At dawn you'll be in my care!"

With that Blaze left the dungeons. Hatter took a seat onto the ground and didn't say a single word to Mallymkun.

Hours later, Chessur appeared in the dungeon. He didn't like seeing Tarrant this way. He promised Danielle that he would save Hatter. He had to lift his spirits.

"She loves you ya know." he said.

Hatter stared up at Chessur. His eyes softened.

"Who loves me?" he asked, even though he knew who Chessur was talking about.

"Danielle. I promised I would get you out of here." Chessur stared down at Tarrant's hat. "I've always admired that hat."

Hatter quickly grabbed the top hat and placed it in his lap. "How dare you. I'm wearing this hat tomorrow. I want to look my best."

Chessur smiled. "I would wear that hat on all the finest occasions."

Hatter met Chessur's gaze and they stared at each other for a long, thoughtful moment. A smile soon appeared on both of their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be updating three more chapters today!

Image