Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Down The Rabbit Hole

Image

Danielle woke up to the rays of sun pouring into her mother's bedroom. She looked over expecting to see her mother until she remembered what happened. She sighed as she rolled herself out of bed. Her eyes glanced at her reflection in the standing mirror an. She looked utterly awful. She knew she would need to take another shower to look her best. She walked away from the mirror and out of the bedrooom. She headed into her room where she picked out a white dress to wear for the day. After she fixed herself up she decide to go to the cemetery.

People began to stare at her but Danielle paid no attention. She didn't want them feeling sorry for her; even though she was sorry for herself. She had to hold her head up high and get through this. It would take a long time though. She rounded the corner and spotted the church and cemetery. It was secluded by woods so it had a peaceful feel to it. She found her parents graves at the back of the fenced in cemetery. She stood there just staring down at the tombstones. How she wished both her parents were still alive.

"But it's never going to happen." she whispered.

She turned on her heel to leave but something caught her eyes. She spun back around to see a white rabbit wearing none other than a waist coat. He was staring at her from the bushes. She closed her eyes and quickly opened them back up. The rabbit was now gone.

"I'm going mad." she said as she walked out of the cemetery.

Just as she made her way onto the paved road she spotted the rabbit again. He was hopping towards the woods. He abruptly stopped and turned around to face Danielle. He pulled out a coat watch which was ticking. The rabbit profusely pointed at it then ran off again. This time, Danielle followed after him. She ran into the woods dodging branches and jumping over rocks. Her curly blond hair floated behind her. She had no idea how far she had ran until she reached the forest behind the Abscot Mansion. Her mother Alice denied Hamish Abscot's hand in marriage. She said her journey to Wonderland made her strong to do so.

Danielle looked around to find any sign of the rabbit. She spotted him running towards an old tree that had a large rabbit hole in front of it. He smiled at Danielle before jumping into the hole.

"Wait!" she shouted.

She rushed over to the hole. It was really deep and dark. She didn't have a clue where the rabbit had gone. She smiled as she remembered what her mother had said;

"That rabbit jumped into the hole. I got down on my knees and placed my hands on either side of the hole. The next thing I know I'm falling down this dark hole. It was filled with lamps, candles, and even a piano!"

"What happened next mommy?" Danielle's six year old self asked.

"I ended up in a room with many doors. I tried opening them all but they were locked. Thankfully, I found a key but the only door that opened was very tinny. There was no way that I could fit. On the table sat a vile of liquid call Pishsalver. There was a tag on it that said drink me. So, I drank it."

"Then what happened?""

Alice smiled. "I began to shrink. I was literally two feet tall. Anyhow, I rushed to the small door and tried to open it again but it was locked and stupid me I left the key on the table."

"Oh no."

"But I found a small glass box that had a tiny piece of cake. On it was written eat me so I ate and boom I just up to the ceiling. The upelkchen made me grow seven feet tall!"

Now Danielle was intrigued by the story. She laid in bed wide eyed wanting to hear more of the story but her mother said until next time which meant Danielle needed to get to bed.

Danielle stared into the darkness of the hole not really knowing what to do. She wanted to believe her mother but a part of her was afraid too. What if it was just Daniell's imagination playing tricks on her? Had she really seen a white rabbit in a waist coat? If so, then her mother's stories were real and if not well, then she was really going bonkets. But like her mother used to tell her; all the greatest people are.

"Please be right mother." she whispered.

A huge gust of wind began to blow violently. Danielle felt her body being pushed forward by the force. She tried to grab onto a lose vine but her hands slipped and down she went into the rabbit hole. She screamed loudly as objects such as chairs, lamps, and candles flew towards her. She reached out to grab another vine. She was too far from it so she fell further and futher into this crazy hole.

She let out another scream when a piano came zooming towards her head. Danielle closed her eyes. She opened them up when nothing happened. The piano had stopped. It missed her by only a frw inches. She spun her body around and at once she crashed onto a large bed landing belly first .She let out a grunt by the impact. She tried to grab onto the headboard but once she had hit the bed the force sent her up in the air. She flipped in the air then went falling down again. Danielle glanced upwards to see the light from the hole looming away. She had no idea if this was real or pretend. Maybe she fell asleep in the cemetery. That's it! She's fast asleep. She reached over to pinch herself hard in the arm. As she did so her body went smadhing through something hard.

She cursed as she slammed into a floor. Had she stopped falling? Danielle slowly opened her eyes to see a chandelier. She then tilted her head up to see a table and a large hole that she had just smashed through. ONce she realized she was on the ceiling her body dropped sending her body in the floor again. In a few hours she knew her whole body would be bruised. Her mouth fell open as she stood to her feet. Her mother had told her the truth. Danielle was standing in a room full of many doors and she remembered exactly how to get out of here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the lovely comments! It really means a lot! Let me know how you think of the story. Like I said, comments will make me update faster! This story is only going to get better! :)