Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Better Place

Image

Danielle stood on the balcony of the white queen's castle watching the sun set. Hatter had not returned yet and she was beginning to worry.

"He'll be here." said Sky.

"I wish time would hurry."

Sky smiled. "Time only hurries when it wants too."

"Why don't you or Mirana Slay Blaze?"

"It's against our vows. Mirana has the power of healing while I have the power of calming one's emotions. Like right now."

At once Danielle's fear vanished. She felt way better than she did before.

"Thanks." she said.

Mirana came onto the balcony. The three women watched as the stars began to twinkle in the sky. Danielle smiled at the song her mother told her that Hatter sang. She opened her mouth and began to sing that song.

"Twinkle twinkle little bat. How I wonder where you're at. Up above the world you fly like a tea tray in the sky!"

Mirana and Sky clapped when she finished. Danielle smiled then glanced out the beautiful view. She could see the glimmer of the waterfalls in the distance. That's when she saw something move. Mirana stared into her spy glass and turned to look at Danielle.

"We have company!" she said with a smile.

Danielle smiled back then followed Mirana and Sky through the castle and into the courtyard. The moment she saw Hatter her heart leapt. He was safe! They were all safe. Danielle began to run, her golden hair flew beautifully behind her. She met the Hatter's eyes. He looked so happy to see her. She ran up to him and threw her arms around him.

Mallymkun felt her heart break at the sight of them. Hatter clung onto Danielle not wanting to let her go. She wished he felt like that with her.

"I'm so happy you're okay." she said. "I thought-"

"I thought so too!" replied Hatter. "But, I'm here and in one piece. I would've regretted not seeing you again. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Danielle noticed that his hat was gone. "Where's your hat?" she asked while touching his curly red hair.

They both jumped when a hat appeared in the air beside them, followed by the body of Chessur. Danielle smiled at the cat.

"Thank you Chessur for keeping your promise!"

"You're welcome luv!" he purred.

Hatter held out his hand for the cat. Chessur sadly returned it then evaporated again. As Hatter replaced the hat in it's rightful place, he glanced at Danielle again. They shared a smile that said more than any words could've.

Danielle and Hatter both sat up on the high tower underneath the stars. Their legs were swinging over a long drop below. She stared over at him and met his gaze.

"Why didn't you tell me your family died on Horunvendush Day?" she asked.

Hatter sadly stared ahead not really knowing what to say.

"It's a hard story for me to tell. Did Mirana tell you?"

Danielle nodded. "Yes. Remember what you told me? About how my mother's not in pain anymore and how she's in a better place?"

"Mmhmmm. I do."

"Well, your family is in a better place. They will always love you Tarrant."

Hatter wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him.

"When you told me you loved me did you mean it?"

"I did." he replied. "Did you mean it?"

Danielle softly nodded. "Yes, I mean it."

"What's it like for you?"

"Love?" she asked.

"Yes."

Danielle thought about what love meant to her. It was everything she ever wanted and dreamt of having. It made her whole life better.

'It's the closest thing to magic I hae."

Hatter leaned down and softly pressed his lips on her cheek.

"Tomorrow I'll help you practice. You best get some sleep."

Hatter turned around. In one swift movement he placed his feet on the balcony then helped Danielle off the ledge.

"Goodnight." he whispered.

"Night."

Danielle's lips curved into a smile as Hatter left her room. She couldn't believe that her heart had fallen in love with him. She never imagined she'd have those feelings and she never wanted them to go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image