Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Thoughts

Image

The large door opened with a creak. Danielle glanced down to see Mallymkun. She stared up at Danielle with hurt and sadness in her eyes. At first, Danielle thought that something happened to the Hatter until Mallymkun spoke.

"Don't hurt him Danielle." was all she said before walking off.

Danielle glanced at Chessur who shrugged. Neither of them knew what Mally was talking about. Of course, Danielle would never hurt Tarrant; both physically or emotionally. She loved him too much. The two of them walked into the large room where Hatter was working. It had a bunch of fabric, buttons, ribbons, feathers, and lace perfectly alligned on the shelves.

Hatter was at his work desk sewing glittery white fabric together. He smiled when he saw Danielle walk in.

"I thought you went to bed." he said.

"I didn't want to be alone right now." Danielle took a seat next to him.

"She was crying on the balcony." spoke Chessur.

Danielle quickly glanced at him. She didn't want Hatter to know that she had been crying. He stopped what he was doing and looked at Danielle. Chessur quickly evaporated so he could give them some privacy.

"Why were you crying?" he asked.

"I was thinking about my mother. Whenever I'm alone my thoughts take me to her."

Hatter reached up to cup her cheek with his hand. "It's hard to control your thoughts. Believe me, I know but instead of her passing remember the good things. Like how she told your stories about Underland or how she took you places."

Danielle smiled as she remembered.

"Did she suffer?" he asked in a hush voice.

"No, she died peacefully in her sleep."

She didn't want to give him any horrid details about her feet turning blue, her insides burning, and how bad she looked. She wanted Hatter to remember Alice the way he remembered her. The only thing that really hurt Danielle was the simple fact; did Hatter only love Danielle because she was his mother's daughter?

"Good." he spoke.

"Hatter, why do you love me?"

Hatter turned his gaze back to Danielle. His emerald eyes shimmered with love and devotion.

"I thought I loved your mother. I really did but the love I had for her was only in a friendship sort of way. When she came here the last time and chose to leave I knew she didn't feel the same way about me. I'm surprised she even remembered me enough to tell you. I thought she'd come back but she never did. Now, why i love you is a hard question to answer. I love you because you care for me like no one else. I love the way in feel in your amrs. I love your eyes so hipnotic and mesmerizing, beautiful to gaze into and yet never reavealing everything to me."

"When did you first fall in love with me?"

"When Andromeda's knights came and you didn't want to leave me."

Danielle smiled. "That's the moment I fell in love with you too."

Hatter stared into her eyes. Neither of them needed words to show how much they cared for each other. Hatter placed both his hands on her cheeks and slowly began to lean in. Danielle's heart quickened. Just as their lips were about to touch the door burst open. They quickly pulled back and turned to look. Sky stood in the door way.

"Sorry. Her Majesty wishes to see you Danielle."

Danielle nodded. "If I don't see you then have a good night."

"Night." Hatter replied.

Danielle got up to her feet and walked towards the door. Before leaving, she turned around to give Hatter one last smile. She then left the room to follow after Sky.