Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Stone Of Wonderland

Image

Sky continuously glanced over at Danielle as they headed towards the Great Hall. She had seen her and Tarrant kiss which she thought was really cute.

"Do you love Tarrant?" Sky finally asked.

Danielle looked over at her. "Yes, I love him."

"He's been through a lot. Please, don't hurt him."

"I would never dream of hurting him."

Sky nodded. She came to a stop in front of the Great Hall doors. One of the knights opened it up for them. Danielle thanked him as she walked inside. Mirana was sitting on her throne waiting for them. She smiled warmly at Danielle.

"Please, sit." she told her.

Danielle took a seat next to Mirana's throne.

"I have a gift for you. Actually, the Oracullum predicted that I give the stone to you."

"The stone?" asked Danielle.

"Yes. The Stone of Underland. It belonged to my Great Great Grandmother Izabelle. She put magic into the opal stone. Did I mention she was a witch?"

Danielle smiled. "No."

"Anyhow, she put good magic into the ring. Anyone with a good heart uses the powers for good, but if someone with an evil heart puts the ring on they can use the powers for evil. It has been protected from my sister. If the ring falls into her hands she can use it to control all of Underland."

"Why do you want me to have it?"

Danielle didn't mind the gift, but if it was powerful she couldn't imagine having it.

Mirana snapped her fingers. The white rabbit brought the Orracullum over. He placed it in front of Danielle and opened it up. Danielle saw a very detailed drawing that looked just like her. Mirana was putting the Stone of Wonderland onto her finger.

"I thought it was your mother who would be the carrier of the ring but it's you Danielle."

"What will happen if I wear the ring?"

"It will give you strength, power, and skill. It also makes you happy."

Sky handed Mirana a cherry box that had Outlandish words scribbled all over it. She opened it up. Laying inside was an antique opal ring. Mirana grabbed a hold of Danielle's hand and put the ring on her finger. At once, Danielle felt courage. She felt like she could battle Blaze tomorrow and kill her.

"Now at night take it off and place it back in this box. If you wear it too long the powers will take over your mind."

Danielle nodded as she took off the ring and put it back in the box. She thanked Mirana before rushing back to Tarrant's workroom. He was standing by the window staring out at the twinkling sky.

"You'll never believe what Mirana just gave me!" she said.

Hatter turned around curious as to what Mirana gave Danielle.

"What?" he asked.

Danielle opened the box to show him. He stared down at the ring completely out of words.

"The Stone of Underland?" he asked. "She gave this to you?"

He had heard the rumors of the ring over the centuries and never thought it still existed until now. It could be used for evil if it was in the wrong hands.

"Yes. The Oracullum predicted it. When I put it on it makes me feel lucky."

Hatter frowned. "Please, be careful with that thing. Don't wear it all the time."

"Why can't I wear it all the time. Mirana didn't really explain."

"Mirana and Iracabeth's mother wore it all the time and she went mad."

Danielle smiled knowing that she wouldn't wear this ring all the time. "There's nothing wrong with that!" she joked.

"Madder than me." replied Hatter. She lost her mind and killed herself."

Danielle looked down at the small ring.

"Why would Mirana give this to me?"

"If the Oracullum predicted it then she has too. Did she tell you not to wear it all the time?"

"Yes she did."

"Good. I'll walk you back to your room."

Hatter softly grabbed her hand and led her back to her room. Danielle walked over to the bed. She laid down and pulled the covers over her body. Hatter smiled as he curled up next to her.

"Do you care if I lay next to you?" he asked.

"Not at all." she replied.

Hatter wrapped his arms around her and soon they were both asleep.